Who would you rather sell?

Lose Tav or Offload Alfie

• James Tavernier

Votes: 29 11.9%
  • Alfredo Morelos

Votes: 214 88.1%

• Total voters

Coatbridge Chancellor

If the club had to sell one player this summer, would you rather lose El buffalo or the captain?

No 'I'd love to keep both' answer please, I think ideally we all would.

For me, it's an incredibly tough decision but it would have to be Morelos. Tavernier is so difficult to replace.

Fair enough.

Too hard to call for me, especially when there’s no way we’re replacing either with a player of the same quality if they go.

I dream of Alfi and Tav lifting the trophy.
You're spot on btw. The days of us needing to sell are thankfully behind us. I just see one of them going thats all.
I can picture Morelos' wee happy face with a trophy now :D:confused:

Tav would be harder to replace plus he’s more trustworthy in big games.

He can still have his moments. We would have won at the paedo dome last year despite Morelos red card if he hadn't misplaced that pass.

It is a tough choice and I appear in the minority but I would sell Tav if I had to pick one

I don’t even find it that hard a choice, this team has goals in it without Morelos. I don’t know if we could replace what Tav gives us.

No brainer, Morelos. Morelos can be replaced but where do you find a RB like Tav in Europe who has absolutely outstanding stats for assists etc? They don’t come cheap either. Tavernier is irreplaceable at the time being and selling him in this window, we can say goodbye to the league.

That being said I love both players but if Morelos leaves I want us to get a lot of money from him.

No brainer, Morelos. Morelos can be replaced but where do you find a RB like Tav in Europe who has absolutely outstanding stats for assists etc? They don’t come cheap either. Tavernier is irreplaceable at the time being and selling him in this window, we can say goodbye to the league.

That being said I love both players but if Morelos leaves I want us to get a lot of money from him.

Replacing 30 goals a season and finding another striker who can occupy a defence on their own is a piece of piss obviously.

Its Scotland , so we arent up against top strikers, so its Tav for me.
I think morelos would be very hard to replace and defoe can be a bit hot and cold plus his age.
Tbh , selling morelos really concerns me when we are nearly in august for a replacement.
I hope SG and MA have a list drawn up or the scouts out.
With grezda and lafferty finished, we need to be on the look out.

Morelos. If we sold Morelos, kept Tav and signed Roofe and Kent, I’m still confident we’d win the league.

I think Morelos is more likely to want to move if a big money bid comes in. That might make him leaving more likely as it rarely works out well keeping a player who has decided he wants to go.

Don’t want to sell either of them,nut a large offer for Morelos would unsettle him and if he went for decent money we would hopefully get a decent replacement in.Tav would be a big miss.

At the moment neither will get near top echelon Clubs other than the one they are at.

Turn this on it's head particularly with Morelos. Money and the standard of league are the two major drawbacks of staying at Rangers but....

They already play for one of the biggest clubs in the world.
They have the chance to become true Legends with 55. Not kiddy on ones but true Legends.
Their manager is Steven Gerrard.
They play in front of 50k adoring fans every second week.
They play in Europe.
Win 55 and they have the chance to play in the Champions League.
They will play every week.
If they help to establish the pre-emmenance of Rangers their profile and stock will be sky high as we are going to be one of the biggest comeback stories in world football ever.

They can then leave with our blessing at the best possible time. If either leave now they will be lucky to achieve 50% of the above list.

Totally depends on the money 25-30m each they can both go or Stevie G can decide who would be easier to replace.

Back