Who's been the worst (top flight) player that you can remember watching play against Rangers?

Jorge Claros. Rangers trialist who signed for the spoon burners. They thought they had beat us to his signature.
What ever happened to the trialist that came with Polster but choose to go to the dark side of Glasgow...no seen him since and canna mind his name to check.

When hibs beat us in the Scottish cup final they had a big fat out of shape goalkeeper who’s name I can’t remember but was in some state for a professional player!

Older fans may remember a player called Sam McGivern, played against us for Falkirk in the late eighties and early nineties.
He was touted as some sort of "gallus" ,silky skilled off the cuff creative cult hero.
Any time he played against us he just seemed to be non existent other than when he was kicking Rangers players.
There seemed to be no football about the guy at all, as if Falkirk had recruited a sellik fan for no other reason than to foul our team.

I remember in the 60s the mentally challengeds had a player called Paddy Turner,he played against us I think only the once,he was an embarrassment.

David Wittenveen of Hearts. A Romanov special. He came from the Austrian third division and then floundered about on trials in the lower leagues for a bit. He inexplicably scored against us but didn’t look like he’d seen a ball before.

CImJy4uWwAEKrO-.jpg:large

Jim “The Honey Monster” Slavin.

I'm sure he ended up working at the Arches.

As a follow on from the other thread about the best player, who has been the worst player that you've seen play against us (home or away) in the top flight? For me in recent years it has to be Stevie May, I've never seen a more ineffective striker. He brings nothing to the game, he isn't even mobile enough to harass defenders. I'm sure I heard a stat that before he'd scored the other weekend, he'd scored 3 goals in 45 appearances. 1 in 15 ratio for a striker. He's also been capped by Scotland, mind blowing.

That poet Goodwin for st mirren.

Back