Who's been the worst (top flight) player that you can remember watching play against Rangers?

that fat nonce that was captain of Dundee a couple of years back, I think we beat them 4-0 in the Scottish Cup, he gave it billy big bollocks before the game and he was simply tragic
in the game.

Probably not the worst of all but Harald Brattbak has a special place in my memory for sheer levels of incompetence

Livvy went through a phase of signing Hungarian players just after the turn of the century, some absolute donkeys played for them.

Here's a random shout, Simon Brown Hibs keeper. I'm sure Charlie Adam beat him twice from a free kick at the near post twice in one match. We win the match 2-0 and he was at fault for the both of them. Hibs have had some really dreadful keepers.

Gary Gillespie with the mentally challengeds absolute bombscare of a defender in the early 90's who in the late 80's was a regular alongside Alan Hansen in the Liverpool defence. Mike Shitey Galloway again decent player at Hearts but went downhill at the mentally challengeds.
Beat me to it with shitey.

From a purely personal perspective I always thought that Steve Archibald absolutely stole a career which bore no relation to his talent

Brian McClair
I remember watching him play for Scotland B once and he had genuinely given up
Hands on hips not giving a shiny shite

Despite the fact he played for us and actually wasn't that bad, he is now.

Take a bow, Kirk Clubfoot.
I know what you mean. There are worse, but his 'ability' at the actual game is absolutely the reason Scotland are the whipping boys of Europe. Slow, can't control a football, passing terrible. Christian Daily is in the same mould. I once heard him described by an ex team mate of his at west ham as 'the worst player he's ever played with but also the fittest'. Q

I know what you mean. There are worse, but his 'ability' at the actual game is absolutely the reason Scotland are the whipping boys of Europe. Slow, can't control a football, passing terrible. Christian Daily is in the same mould. I once heard him described by an ex team mate of his at west ham as 'the worst player he's ever played with but also the fittest'. Q
Christian Dailly was 10x the player broadfoot was. And that's saying something.

Darren O Dea at Dundee. Remember thinking he'd reached a new low when we spanked them at Ibrox last season...then the fella they brought on for him was even worse

Egil Ostenstad for me - remeber watching him play in a game against the shire at Ibrox. He was awful just awful pretty sure it ended up going to extra time that night

I’ve seen loads of players mentioned that have scored against us.

Stuart Duff, Gary Caldwell, Mark Kerr have all scored against us.

Not sure we can suggest players when they have scored against us

Back