Who's the better midfielder

Nothing like each other. Docherty is a driving midfielder and has real quality going forward but is a good tackler a season well. Jack is a good holding midfielder. Both good players but Docherty really impressed today. How this kid has not scored yet is beyond me. What a save from the keeper in the 1st half down low through bodies.

Docherty offers a lot more going forward bit Jack is probably better defensively. I'd suggest Jack has a fight on his hands in pre season

If Docherty and Jack play who drops out? Not Goss by a long chalk. Windass on his game offers more going forward. Murphy, who I wasn’t too impressed with at the start tbh, along with Candeias have to start. Interesting dilemma especially when you through young Ross into the mix. It’s all about balance and from what I saw today by Docherty I think Jack isn’t a guaranteed starter anymore

If Docherty and Jack play who drops out? Not Goss by a long chalk. Windass on his game offers more going forward. Murphy, who I wasn’t too impressed with at the start tbh, along with Candeias have to start. Interesting dilemma especially when you through young Ross into the mix. It’s all about balance and from what I saw today by Docherty I think Jack isn’t a guaranteed starter anymore
Jack is out until next season and it’s looking unlikely we will sign goss unfortunately. Think both jack and Docherty would work well together.

Docherty offers a lot more going forward bit Jack is probably better defensively. I'd suggest Jack has a fight on his hands in pre season
Always assuming Jack is even fit for pre-season, which is a legitimate doubt based on what some folk seem to have heard.

Jack is out until next season and it’s looking unlikely we will sign goss unfortunately. Think both jack and Docherty would work well together.

If Goss goes then yes that narrows it down. Think Ross will go back to CH and can be called upon when needed in there. Goss leaving will be massive should be pushing the boat out to get him for another season. Hopefully European football can be a carrot

Jack and Docherty would be a solid CM. Goss is one of the first names on the team sheet hes a class act shame QPR want him back. Forgetting about Dorrans and McCorie aswel! Plently options in the middle of the park when everyone is fit

I think goss will go back to QPR and demand either hes involved or they let him go it wont do the lads career any good if he doesnt play

Other question is where will Steven Davis fit in once we sign him :) and Dorrans when he is back. If Docherty and Goss keep playing like today they won’t be dropped, potentially we could play a sitting midfielder aswell in the bigger games

They are very different and I’d like to see Doc play alongside Jack (or McCrorie). I think it would give him that bit more freedom to push forward.

Reckon Jack and Docherty will be our ideal two next season after Goss heads back to QPR.
When Goss heads back to qpr I will be devestated so much so I will put it on a par with how I will feel after the final part of the season of Game of Thrones.

I think goss will go back to QPR and demand either hes involved or they let him go it wont do the lads career any good if he doesnt play

I think it's a shame that a good player like Goss, goes back to a club and sits in the stand every week.
Surely if these clubs don't want the boy, they should let him go and let him go to a club who'll give him a game.
Why bring them through the system and through them on to the scrapheap.
Docherty or jack
Or are they similar players with same attributes.

I think it's a shame that a good player like Goss, goes back to a club and sits in the stand every week.
Surely if these clubs don't want the boy, they should let him go and let him go to a club who'll give him a game.

I think they would have taken note of his performances up here. If like I suspect, he is a standout against the scum, then he will be called back. Even more so if we win the league. We are blessed at the moment with a great MF however he brings something that the rest don’t. His range of padding and composure are as good as I’ve seen for us. If there are injuries to jack , ross, Docherty etc we can’t easily plug the gaps. However he is different. Obviously Candeias being injured would be massive

Docherty for me, I like Jack but he doesn’t offer the same going forward, I watched Docherty today and just feel he has more about him, can make a tackle, moves the balll quickly and had a few shots on goal albeit unsuccessfuly.

There is a chance we could sign Goss. The player will have a great day in the matter.
A season long loan may be a decent option too.
Just because Ferdinand said at the time that it’s just a loan doesn’t mean that it’s not an ever changing situation.
I’d be confident Mark Allen will have a big say in what happens next.

E="TheFridge, post: 960371, member: 382"]Dorrans takes Windass slot at no 10 for me[/QUOTE]
No way is windass droppin out.

I’m just delighted to finally have quality options ,where we can rest players
or just change personnel without worrying about the quality that’s coming in

Jack and Docherty would be similar to Thomson and Davis. One likes to keep it simple and break up the play, while the other is more likely to being driving forward and contributing goals and assists more frequently. Both crucial types of players for a successful team.

If Goss goes then yes that narrows it down. Think Ross will go back to CH and can be called upon when needed in there. Goss leaving will be massive should be pushing the boat out to get him for another season. Hopefully European football can be a carrot
Totally agree on Goss. Will be honest I had never heard of him before we signed him and thought it was a strange one but he looks a real player. Hopefully the player himself is loving it and can try push through a move. He would be hard to replace.

E="TheFridge, post: 960371, member: 382"]Dorrans takes Windass slot at no 10 for me
No way is windass droppin out.[/QUOTE]
Will be good to have the option of both players for the number 10 role. For all Windass has been excellent this year he does go missing in games. He was poor yesterday and was posted missing vs hibs. To have another quality option in dorrans is only a good thing for us.

I can't believe some people are almost writing off Jack, are we forgetting he was looking like our POTY for most of the beginning of the season.

Jack and Docherty could be an excellent pairing and it's exciting to have such good quality options in our squad now, we've had years of dross to suffer so lets appreciate a better standard of player and squad again.

Qpr didn't bring him through their system - he was at ManU? They bought him for £500k last year.

Dorrans takes Windass slot at no 10 for me
And for me, a midfield 5 of Candias, Docherty, Jack, Dorrans and Murphy for me. Those 5 will control the game for us, push forward and protect the defence. If we somehow manage to keep Goss then it gets interesting.

Jack & McCrorie in the middle with Dorrans ahead of them IMO.

Docherty, Rossiter & Holt as backup for the inevitable injuries & ridiculous suspensions

Back