Why 442???

SashBash

WTF is he doing keep playing 442

Miller is a man down so play a 5 in midfield giving a number 10(windass, dorrans or Pena) a chance to support Morelos but dominate midfield.

Gives a better chance to get the wingers and full backs up also.

The attitude also looks piss poor, we were waiting on them equalising tonight

Every man and their dog was calling for 442 this time last year.

No issue with it. The lack of urgency was my main worry, as you say we were waiting at 1 nil for either them to score or the match end.

This board was demanding 4-4-2 at the start of the season. Which ever set up we play, folk will just demand a different formation unless we're winning. And we don't seem to be able to get any consistency in that regard.

4-4-2 against the better sides won't work. Blind man could see that.

4-4-2 has to be binned.

We should be lining up 4-2-3-1 against the mentally challengeds with Miller benched.

We just don't seem to dominate the centre of the park like we should.
Dorrans isn't a grab the game and control player more tidy and efficient.
Need someone else in there.

Also we are very slow in getting up the park

4-2-3-1?? Manager can do nothing right at this club, he's as well walking. Everyone of us was calling for 4-4-2 and now there's. A couple of poor results and everyone's blaming the 4-4-2.

Get a grip!

4-2-3-1?? Manager can do nothing right at this club, he's as well walking. Everyone of us was calling for 4-4-2 and now there's. A couple of poor results and everyone's blaming the 4-4-2.

Get a grip!

It's not just the result it's the quality of play and dominance of midfield. You must be a dinosaur if you think everyone was calling for a 442, look at modern football and all the top teams.

When we were playing 4-2-3-1 in the beginning, people thought it was ridiculous that we'd play one up top vs SPL teams.

Now we're playing 4-4-2 and people are crying out for 4-2-3-1.

I reckon we'll see a few changes on Tues

When we were playing 4-2-3-1 in the beginning, people thought it was ridiculous that we'd play one up top vs SPL teams.

Now we're playing 4-4-2 and people are crying out for 4-2-3-1.

I reckon we'll see a few changes on Tues
Exactly, doesn't matter the formation, there's always going to be a few armchair managers saying the formation was wrong, lose lose situation for the manager I'm afraid if we don't win

My own feelings on 4-4-2 are that up here we are in a cup final every week and to play 4-4-2 the midfield need to be exceptional , to control the game when facing 5 in midfield is very difficult especially away from home , my only gripe with Pedro tonight was , I felt if we had changed to 3-5-2 we control the game more.

Back