Why are Scottish footballing authorities so clueless?

SM™

Staff member
Sunday 26th May 2019

Charlton Athletic v Sunderland - League One Play-Off Final - 15:00 - Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Main Event
St Mirren v Dundee United - Scottish Premiership Play-Off Final 2nd Leg - 15:00 - BT Sport 1 / BT Sport 4K UHD

Here we have yet another perfect example of how hopeless our footballing authorities are.

At a time of the season when most teams are already finished, there's hardly any games left and British people who love the game are desperate for anything competitive to watch, to schedule a very inviting but obviously lesser Scottish game to clash with an English play-off is sheer negligence and asking for the SPFL bosses to be removed.

Not only does it lower the Scottish audience, it also guarantees almost no viewers from England, Wales and Northern Ireland and chases away advertisers.

BT Sport and the police wouldn't have bothered if it was midday or 6pm, so why not?

They couldn't run an off license across the street from a drying out clinic.

Even last week they arranged the QoS v Raith Rovers play off final 2nd leg for a 4.05pm ko to suit BBC Alba, the same day the FA Cup Final was ko at 5.

They are utter morons and as has been mentioned run Scottish football for the benefit of one sordid club.

WATP

Even last week they arranged the QoS v Raith Rovers play off final 2nd leg for a 4.05pm ko to suit BBC Alba, the same day the FA Cup Final was ko at 5.

They are utter morons and as has been mentioned run Scottish football for the benefit of one sordid club.

WATP
That was the TV station's doing. BBC Alba doesn't start until 4pm.

No such issues with BT Sport or previously Sky Sports however. Second leg of the play-off has traditionally been 3pm on the Sunday but if the SPFL had suggested a switch by a few hours to allow those with a preference for the English game to watch both, there wouldn't have been any objections from the TV company. In fact I suspect they'd have bitten at it.

I’m fuuked if I’d watch st boo v dumbdee untied anyhow , but as it’s sunderland that’s on , i defo won’t be watching the Arab bastards

No such issues with BT Sport or previously Sky Sports however. Second leg of the play-off has traditionally been 3pm on the Sunday but if the SPFL had suggested a switch by a few hours to allow those with a preference for the English game to watch both, there wouldn't have been any objections from the TV company. In fact I suspect they'd have bitten at it.

Therein lies the problem.

2 lower league teams having their '15 minutes of fame' and the SPFL cannot think out of the box.

This is further compounded by having the match commentary in the Gaelic, without a function for the vast majority of potential viewers to have a commentary in English.

As I said previously they are morons.

WATP

Therein lies the problem.

2 lower league teams having their '15 minutes of fame' and the SPFL cannot think out of the box.

This is further compounded by having the match commentary in the Gaelic, without a function for the vast majority of potential viewers to have a commentary in English.

As I said previously they are morons.

WATP
Infuriating thing with BBC Alba is that when they had the rugby (not sure if they still do) they had an option of two audio streams so that you could switch to English commentary.

Even an option for a second audio stream with no commentary would be an improvement but I've messaged them to ask if that's possible but they don't answer.

Sunday 26th May 2019

Charlton Athletic v Sunderland - League One Play-Off Final - 15:00 - Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Main Event
St Mirren v Dundee United - Scottish Premiership Play-Off Final 2nd Leg - 15:00 - BT Sport 1 / BT Sport 4K UHD

Here we have yet another perfect example of how hopeless our footballing authorities are.

At a time of the season when most teams are already finished, there's hardly any games left and British people who love the game are desperate for anything competitive to watch, to schedule a very inviting but obviously lesser Scottish game to clash with an English play-off is sheer negligence and asking for the SPFL bosses to be removed.

Not only does it lower the Scottish audience, it also guarantees almost no viewers from England, Wales and Northern Ireland and chases away advertisers.

BT Sport and the police wouldn't have bothered if it was midday or 6pm, so why not?

They couldn't run an off license across the street from a drying out clinic.

If it had been a 12pm there would be a thread on here gurning about them screwing the fans over with an early KO

If BT Sport wanted a later KO they would have got it, the fact that they don’t tells tou they’re happy with the current time.

To be honest if st boo v they cu*ts was the only game on at 3pm I still wouldn’t watch a single second of it.Know what your saying right enough.They seem happy enough to be shat on and then thank them for it.

If it had been a 12pm there would be a thread on here gurning about them screwing the fans over with an early KO
Aye, there would have been plenty of sympathy for the Dundee Utd fans having to get up early to travel to Paisley.

Watching St Mirren and Dundee United you say....

G95N.gif

Infuriating thing with BBC Alba is that when they had the rugby (not sure if they still do) they had an option of two audio streams so that you could switch to English commentary.

Even an option for a second audio stream with no commentary would be an improvement but I've messaged them to ask if that's possible but they don't answer.
They don't have the rugby anymore, it's all Premier sports (that's a joke of a name). I think the English feed on alba was the BBC Scotland radio commentary with John beattie. They didn't specifically have someone there to do it, in other words on the cheap.

Did you ask them in Gaelic?:)):))

Back