Why are they so desperate for the title this season?

gartsherrie

Their cheerleaders have been out in force (when so many other priorities are important) so why do they desperately need this seasons title if they miles in front of us? Better players, cash rich, billionaire owner, fantastic manager etc.....?

The 10 in a row obsession that was only made possible due to our illegal demotion/winning a league with no genuine challengers and effectively walking into Europe/Champions league which gave them all there money which they claim makes them so cash rich.

Many of there titles in my eyes will have asterisks beside them anyways especially the ones when we weren't even in the league and the 2012 season which was lost due to administration/points deduction.

4 years out the top flight, with one of the worst assembled teams and only till Gerrard arrived did we manage to build a side capable of challenging/competing with them.

Yet no one in the media dares bring any of the above up.

Last edited:
They are slowly realising no matter what happens their 10 dream is in tatters .

if it’s awarded to them with us having 27 points to play for , they will forever know they didn’t win it . We will constantly hammer it home .

If the season is incomplete and they don’t get it handed to them , then even if they win the next two , that gap is there so it’s not 10 in a row .

They normally can manipulate any situation to their liking . Not a worldwide pandemic . It’s shameful they are even wanting it handed to them , but that’s the club and fans they are .

Last edited:
Deep down, they know their titles and trophies are already discredited. They've already " won " a Treble treble and nobody cares less. That during this time they've set the record for the worst hammerings in European competition for any Scottish club in history sums it up. And as we keep being told, Its what you do in Europe that counts. :)

The world is under threat from a virus and they talk about giving them the lge!! At the min that should be the last thing on are minds!! If it was the other foot the papers would be saying that "Its a disgrace that Rangers want the title and how dare they say that when the world is under threat!

The way i see it we have 3 scenarios and heres what i think about them all if i look at football in isolation away from the clusterfvck of coronavirus

1. The spfl find a way to squeeze in the remaining games before starting a new season - In reality this is probably the worst case for us as they will genuinley have won the league.

2. Season halted and current positions stand so poets are awarded title. - I am really not stressed about this happening as others seem to be as it will officially be a tainted title and record books will show that. It will also be something the would completely take the shine off 9iar and i would be reminding them if it at every opportunity.

3. Season null and void - best case scenario for us obviously, poets dont win the league.

What i will say and i have always said though is that this 9/10 in a row they are going for means heehaw. It was won on an unlevel playing field.

For one, I’m sure they have an enormous amount of money invested in religiously-charged NIAR tat ready to sell to their fans.

Outside of that.. if they aren’t completing their Heretic 9 of theirs then the previous 8 kind of count for little. Even the Celtic support realises this.
Nobody outside of Scotland gives two hoots about who wins the SPFL.. so this is about local bragging rights, but when the bragging rights get down to, “Did you win 9 in a row or not” then ending the season means calling the game a bogey.
Timmy won’t be accepting of that.

To a man women and child their minds have been completely warped by the 10 in a row that scarcely anyone outside Celtic and their pals in the media will even take notice of.
I think the damage to them was done a long time before 10 in a row was even thought about. We are now only seeing the effects of this damage.

Because 10IAR means everything to them and apparently to a huge section of our support too.

Well obviously. 9 in a row is all we we talked about too the closer we got to it. It occupied our every thought and rightly so. It was celtics so called untouchable record. I can’t believe the amount of bears doing a 180 on this and saying it doesn’t matter. Isn’t winning things the ultimate desire for every fan? Every single title we’ve won since has been compared to it. When we ask about our most important goals, Laudrups header is always among the first mentioned.

And as for the scum, this is (was) their chance to end the nightmares they’ve been having since that glorious season. If you think their bragging has been bad recently, it ain’t nothing compared to how they’ll be if they ever got 10.

Any bear that says them getting 10 doesn’t bother them is either lying, or has been driven insane by what’s happened to us since 2012.

Since we have no choice but to accept the conditions inflicted on us thanks to this virus, I will at least take comfort from the fact it might just have stopped 9 (and by extension 10) in a row. It is paltry compensation for what is happening to the world, but I’ll still take it. I’ll take every morsel of comfort I can get.

Last edited:
Well obviously. 9 in a row is all we we talked about too the closer we got to it. It occupied our every thought and rightly so. It was celtics so called untouchable record. I can’t believe the amount of bears doing a 180 on this and saying it doesn’t matter. Isn’t winning things the ultimate desire for every fan? Every single title we’ve won since has been compared to it. When we ask about our most important goals, Laudrups header is always among the first mentioned.

And as for the scum, this is (was) their chance to end the nightmares they’ve been having since that glorious season. If you think their bragging has been bad recently, it ain’t nothing compared to how they’ll be if they ever got 10.

Any bear that says them getting 10 doesn’t bother them is either lying, or has been driven insane by what’s happened to us since 2012.

Since we have no choice but to accept the conditions inflicted on us thanks to this virus, I will at least take comfort form the fact it might just have stopped 9 (and by extension 10) in a row. It is paltry compensation for what is happening to the world, but I’ll still take it. I’ll take every morsel of comfort I can get.

I couldn't give a fook about their titles won in a row. I witnessed them win 9 back in the 1970's and did it stop us supporting Rangers ? No chance. In fact, if you'd said that we ourselves would later go on to win 9 in the 1990's, you would have been laughed at. The great thing about football is that you never know what is around the corner.

I couldn't give a fook about their titles won in a row. I witnessed them win 9 back in the 1970's and did it stop us supporting Rangers ? No chance. In fact, if you'd said that we ourselves would later go on to win 9 in the 1990's, you would have been laughed at. The great thing about football is that you never know what is around the corner.

How did you feel halfway through 96/97 season? Did the historical significance of that particular title no different to you? Was it just another title, no more or less important than any other?

They are desperate because they live in our shadow in all respects; class, prestige, credibility and most of all, footballing achievements.

They simply want to have something to throw in our faces. We did 9, they did 10.

They would happily see millions die of this virus before they see the season declared void.

How did you feel halfway through 96/97 season? Did the historical significance of that particular title no different to you? Was it just another title, no more or less important than any other?

Naturally, I wanted Rangers to win every trophy they competed for. Would it matter if we 11, 13 in a row or is it just 10 that gets everyone going ga-ga ?

Their 8 is tainted but they refuse to accept that fact. They can turn a blind eye to anything to make themselves feel good about their sad little lives.
Any other club would want this situation over and a chance to win the title on the pitch. They, however, are terrified that they will blow it (as they have before) and that their dream of 9 and then 10 will be over.
If they get handed it this year they can, in their mind, go for 10 next year and it doesn't matter how tainted that 10 would be.
If it was null and void they would stall at 8 and, while they would claim that the next two titles would be 10 in a row, they have no confidence that they will win it for the next two years.

Their and the fat Japanese holy grail is the 'Worlds most successful football team' mantel.

Those 5 words eat at the very soul of that awful club and all associated with it.

Even that cretin Lawell knows that an uncompleted League title given to them by the SPFL means that they didn't win it, and we would openly mock them for accepting it. This is all about CL qualification for next season, if it even takes place, that is.

They are slowly realising no matter what happens their 10 dream is in tatters .

if it’s awarded to them with us having 27 points to play for , they will forever know they didn’t win it . We will constantly hammer it home .

If the season is incomplete and they don’t get it handed to them , then even if they win the next two , that gap is there so it’s not 10 in a row .

They normally can manipulate any situation to their liking . Not a worldwide pandemic . It’s shameful they are even wanting it handed to them , but that’s the club and fans they are .
That wouldn’t bother them, the history books would still show 9 in a row, that’s all that concerns them.

Naturally, I wanted Rangers to win every trophy they competed for. Would it matter if we 11, 13 in a row or is it just 10 that gets everyone going ga-ga ?

10,11,13 in a row would‘ve all been in the same category: setting a new record.

9 was the point we went from failing to equal a record, to equalling it. That’s an accomplishment. That’s making history. Had we only got 8, it would‘ve been a failure. Even Ally McCoist said this.

10,11,13 in a row would‘ve all been in the same category: setting a new record.

9 was the point we went from failing to equal a record, to equalling it. That’s an accomplishment. That’s making history. Had we only got 8, it would‘ve been a failure. Even Ally McCoist said this.

We should never, ever judge ourselves by what they do, mate. They have just won a tainted Treble treble. Do we then say well what is the point of trying to equal that ? No, we don't. We will win titles and trophies, as we have always done, and it'll be even sweeter knowing that we are not just competing against other clubs in Scotland.

It does bother them . They try not to show it , but it does . They are incredulous that this has happened .

I agree actually. Even if it’s handed to them and it’s officially 9iar, the fact season 19/20 was never truly completed will be an itch, however slight, they’d never be able to scratch. It might feel worse than had they lost they league fair and square. They’d know on some level that their 10, if it happens, isn't genuine. There’d just be something ‘off’ about it. How could it be 10 if 9 was only won on a technicality?

They have a well deserved inferiority complex and if Dick Turpin could steal titles...they'd take them.

Thieves thieves, tramps and thieves.

Back