Why are we always 8pm kick off at Ibrox?

Uddy Gers

Wondering how they decide this?

Us and the mentally challengeds are always given the 8pm slot at home, and the 5:55pm slot away from home.

Any reasoning for us never getting the earlier KO?

Time for folk to get to Ibrox I'd guess.

If away in Europe, you'd be in the place a day probably so time not important.

Is it not the time difference. 5.55 games in mainland Europe is later, so if we were at 5.55 it likely be during our opposition working day.

Edit: I think I’m taking nonsense!

Remember that away games are usually a different time zone. If we git drawn against someone from the british isles, both games would be 8 k.o.

No chance of some people getting to the game for a 5.55 k.o at home

Broadcasting plus timezones

They once had a 6pm kick-off against Molde in Glasgow due to other British side been away at the same time

Had we won our group we would have been on the Wednesday at 5pm or 5.55pm in Glasgow due to Champions League and because Celtic are also home

Arsenal had that 5.55pm kick-off last season due Chelsea also been home at the same stage

A few seasons ago

Manchester United v Liverpool was originally 6pm with the return leg at Anfield 8.05pm

The kick-off at Old Trafford later changed to 8.05pm after an appeal to UEFA from GMP, the Mayor and local council citing hugh traffic issues

Had we won our group we would have been on the Wednesday at 5pm or 5.55pm in Glasgow due to Champions League and because Celtic are also home

Arsenal had that 5.55pm kick-off last season due Chelsea also been home at the same stage

A few seasons ago

Manchester United v Liverpool was originally 6pm with the return leg at Anfield 8.05pm

The kick-off at Old Trafford later changed to 8.05pm after an appeal to UEFA from GMP, the Mayor and local council citing hugh traffic issues

Is that only when there is a clash though? Even in the group stages we were always the later kick off at home and earlier away.

? Was my thought.

Us and poets always be televised so that irrelevant.

If it is later so fans can make their way to Ibrox, it would be later for fans to make their way to a foreign stadium too, the away fas wouldn't make a difference. People still finish work around 5 in Europe and traffic still exists.

One for older bears.

That night in the 1972 with two European semi finals in Glasgow.

The results were glorious to a wee boy at the time.

Were either televised and k/o times both the same?

Is that only when there is a clash though? Even in the group stages we were always the later kick off at home and earlier away.

Yes no clash this round since we didn't win the group and no fixture reversal either if we did

The Portuguese sides normally have the 8pm time at home unless play a British side 5.55pm in this round all are early kick-off at home in Portugal

If it is later so fans can make their way to Ibrox, it would be later for fans to make their way to a foreign stadium too, the away fas wouldn't make a difference. People still finish work around 5 in Europe and traffic still exists.

If abroad, you wouldn't travel the same day ffs.

Remember that away games are usually a different time zone. If we git drawn against someone from the british isles, both games would be 8 k.o.

No chance of some people getting to the game for a 5.55 k.o at home

Not necessarily. I would imagine that Police Scotland would request a move to 8pm but it would be scheduled for 5.55

If abroad, you wouldn't travel the same day ffs.

I can't believe you aren't seeing this. It doesn't matter about away fans, the vast majority will be home supporters and they still have to travel on the day, after work and in traffic etc, the exact same as home fans at Ibrox.

Yes no clash this round since we didn't win the group and no fixture reversal either if we did

The Portuguese sides normally have the 8pm time at home unless play a British side 5.55pm in this round all are early kick-off at home in Portugal

So is it just decided on a game to game basis, so British teams can also get early kick offs?

So is it just decided on a game to game basis, so British teams can also get early kick offs?
Very highly unlikely any British would at home at 5.55pm normally away yes no issue

As posted it done based on broadcasting and timezones

Did Arsenal not have a home 6.05pm KO last season?

I thought I remembered either them or Chelsea having an early one at home recently. If it was random though, I thought we would of had at least one in the group stages the last couple years.

Did Arsenal not have a home 6.05pm KO last season?

As I posted yes Arsenal v Bate Borisov was 5.55pm originally Wednesday they appealed to UEFA to ask for Thursday 8pm but told Thursday at 5.55pm would the only option which was the case

It was the same round as this season the legs at fixed and no fixture reseveral

Both were group winners so had to home in the 2nd leg

Back