Why are we not doing normal press Conferences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest guess?

Gio did one Monday, one after the game Tuesday, will do one after game tomorrow, will do one on Monday, another after the game Tuesday…I think he’s just looked at the last two Fridays and said ‘that one is missable’.

SG used to send McAllister out but I don’t think any of Gio’s team feel comfortable doing that.

Honest guess?

Gio did one Monday, one after the game Tuesday, will do one after game tomorrow, will do one on Monday, another after the game Tuesday…I think he’s just looked at the last two Fridays and said ‘that one is missable’.

SG used to send McAllister out but I don’t think any of Gio’s team feel comfortable doing that.

Roy Makaay has done a few I’m sure.

Honest guess?

Far too many, so only 3 days without one in a week. Quite right blanking this one. Send out Greegs, he loves doing them.

Honest guess?

I'd like to see big Roy Makaay face the MSM, can't see him taking any nonsense.

Far too many, so only 3 days without one in a week. Quite right blanking this one. Send out Greegs, he loves doing them.

It hit me one Friday. We’d played in EL the night before and Arfield took a knock. So at 10.30pm someone asked how he was. SG said ‘he’ll have a scan tomorrow’.

At the presser next day at 9.30 - less than 12 hours later - someone asked if there was any update on him. Gerrard said ‘no he’s only just arrived for training and hasn’t had a scan yet’.

Seemed to illustrate not much would have changed in the intervening 12 hours!

It hit me one Friday. We’d played in EL the night before and Arfield took a knock. So at 10.30pm someone asked how he was. SG said ‘he’ll have a scan tomorrow’.

At the presser next day at 9.30 - less than 12 hours later - someone asked if there was any update on him. Gerrard said ‘no he’s only just arrived for training and hasn’t had a scan yet’.

Seemed to illustrate not much would have changed in the intervening 12 hours!

I can imagine Gerrard’s face…

Honest guess?

I'd rather he just worked with the players rather than the routine PC's gone by, all I want to hear is team news,but tactics,I'd rather he just kept those under wraps and keep our enemies guessing. I can imagine he'd get fed up every couple of days. As long as we do the talking on the park.

Honest guess?

Missed a chance by saying it wasn’t worth his while on your day off

Honest guess?

I would like to know how we are shaping up for tomorrow. Not a 1 minute upload on your YouTube account.

Fairs fair I say.

Injury update is all most of us are interested in.
This. Media Conferences the World over are the same, bland nonsense every time. I'm sure the Managers and the clubs would be happy to see them done away with but it has to be done to keep the sponsors happy I guess. When was the last time we actually heard anything worthy of note in one of these (and yes, I am a sad c*nt who religiously watches @mdingwall's Patreon videos of every one ha ha).

Honest guess?

Can we petition for Dave Vos to send his mrs out?

I find press conferences an absolute bore,usual mind numbingly mundane questions etc.
I know they're a necessary evil but I don't watch them.

I feel like there are far too many press conferences these days as it is to be honest.

Like David says above, it's bloody relentless.

And they reveal nothing as it is.

Manager should just submit notes for the press to put out.

I feel like there are far too many press conferences these days as it is to be honest.

Like David says above, it's bloody relentless.

And they reveal nothing as it is.

Manager should just submit notes for the press to put out.
We are sort of doing that with the interview on RTV. Last week the first question was about injuries in the squad that looks to be the one we all want to know.

Boring rubbish with the same boring, generic questions being asked at every one.

I haven't watched one for ages.

You will never, ever get exciting pre-match press conferences. Managers and players are way too media-trained.

Watched the young Palace player Guehi interviewed on pitch by Sky last Friday before KO. 5 questions and 5 times he answered with a variation of ‘looking forward to it, most important thing is we get 3 points’. As he walked off you could see their PR man nodding at him to say ‘well done’.

Postmatch when emotion is high is a bit different, but the others I’d scrap and take team news tbh.

Hopefully this is a regular thing. These press conferences are mind-numbing. They are not necessary.

You will never, ever get exciting pre-match press conferences. Managers and players are way too media-trained.

Watched the young Palace player Guehi interviewed on pitch by Sky last Friday before KO. 5 questions and 5 times he answered with a variation of ‘looking forward to it, most important thing is we get 3 points’. As he walked off you could see their PR man nodding at him to say ‘well done’.

Postmatch when emotion is high is a bit different, but the others I’d scrap and take team news tbh.

Gerrard was annoyed by the volume of press conferences up here, I remember him saying it to the media that he talks to them more than his own family at the minute, but you could see the contempt he had held for them.

They really are not necessary. We don't need a half hour conference for St. Johnstone etc, we don't even necessarily need a post-match for those type of games.

A match report, and a few comments from the manager included in that report would satisfy most.

Still have conferences for European games and cup latter stages, as well as Old Firms.

But I'd say that's all that's actually needed.

Last edited:
I want to know how the squad are shaping up, is the buff gonna start? Is the turk?

Vos speaks better English than most Scots so at least send him out

I want to know how the squad are shaping up, is the buff gonna start? Is the turk?

He’s not going to tell anyone if Alfredo is starting or not. He’ll just say something like he will get some minutes on the pitch.

And you'll get general bland answers.

No manager is going to give anything major away during a press conference

You are kidding eh?

There’s a reason team line-ups only come out an hour before the game usually!

Most of the questions are generic pish anyways IMO.

Don't need a press conference for that, wee written piece from the club with any updates on injuries and a couple of quotes from the manager would be enough.

Also you're never going to know who starts and who doesn't from a press conference, we don't announce the squad until an hour before a game kicks off.

It is because we’re not contractually obliged to do anything the SPFL want us to after the cinch farce?

UEFA competitions are different obviously.

I guess the question that arises from this is - should it matter what you, I or anyone else wants when it comes to this sort of information?

I'm not convinced we can come up with a decent argument to say that it does.

I suspect going forward we will get 1 pre match presser a week.

It will be the European game if we have one cos uefa make us do it then none for the weekend unless it’s like Celtic . In weeks with 1 game at weekend it will be the Friday

Not sure if on weeks our game is on tv there might be more pressure by sky to do a 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back