Why aren't Hearts a bigger club?

One of the main factors in going to a match or following a club is peer pressure. We have had direct experience of that in the past few years.

If our sojourn in the fourth tier had been because of football skill rather than skullduggery does anyone honestly think that we would have had crowds flocking through the gates.

We had a cause, our friends and neighbours had a cause, our casual acquaintances had a cause and we reinforced one another’s opinions and attitudes.

Hearts need an event that’ll have all of Edinburgh talking about them a “must-go” and then build upon it

You're only as big as your ambitions.

That to me answers the question you put forward OP.

For me though, this irrelevant football club, has always been a club that was happy just to make up the numbers. Apart from their wee purple patch in the 50's and 60's that's it, as far as them making any real contribution to Scottish football and that is rather pathetic in all honesty.

Like I said, just another wee club, with no ambition, other than to make up the mumbers.......

And people wonder why Scottish football is so bad.

Don't clubs like Hearts understand, it's all very well beating us and the scum from time to time, but if that's all you live for, what a mentally to have and it's one that has ruined Scottish football.

Goodness, I wish we could get out of this cesspit of mediocrity, jealously and hatred, but that is another issue altogether........

Hibs and Hearts aren't small clubs. Their crowds are pretty respectable for a country our size. Given they have zero chance of winning the league im amazed they still get as many fans as they do.

Hibs and Hearts aren't small clubs. Their crowds are pretty respectable for a country our size. Given they have zero chance of winning the league im amazed they still get as many fans as they do.
Two clubs averaging between 15 and 17k in a city with a population around 490,000 is not respectable in my book.

Some of my best mates are Hearts fans and I definitely don’t hate Heart of Midlothian. However as someone pointed out a lot of their mostly younger fans jumped on the hating Rangers bandwagon which pissed me off. Expected that from the spoonburners and sheep shaggers but anyway.....
They need to get shot of Levein ASAP as he’s a rotten manager.

Iv posted about this on here before, Hearts fans are split into 3 sections

50+ predominantly Loyalists who follow the team
21-40 year olds are the hipster, Yes voting, Rangers hating arseholes.
The younger generation seem to following the 50+ guys

I have no time for Hearts, The Club used as a front for Romanov to launder millions, dodgy share issues, administration and yet they still think they can pontificate over Rangers, a thread on Kickback, which seems to be inhabited with the 21-40 year olds and a few tims, about Rangers has over 8 million views and has thousands of pages and 10s of thousands or replies on it, all about us and our finances, claiming every few days we "must be going into admin".

%^*& them, an irrelevance who are among the most gullible support in Scottish football.

The 2000 page Rangers thread on their forum gives you the answer.

Small time diddy club more interested in us than they are in ever winning anything themselves.
A noticed that as well a 2000 page thread abt a another team on yer forum is mental:D

A noticed that as well a 2000 page thread abt a another team on yer forum is mental:D

I think, not sure, but I think one of the posters actually went to court a few times when King was up for the Takeover panel thing.

Obsession is rife.

Back