Why can’t fans be allowed into our Flag Day as well as the Scottish Cup Final?

Given they have now said fans can be in for the Hampden games at the Euros then test events must happen first.

It’s almost certain to be the Scottish Cup final, possibly the semi finals as well

Lib Dem’s then?
What you are highlighting though is the standard of people in politics, especially in Scotland has fallen to the absolute depths of the gutter in modern times. A sad state of affairs when you think of the excellent politicians of times gone by.
I'm as well writing Adam West of The Bat Party on my ballot now. Totally agree on the state of politics though. It's an absolute shambles and there's little about any of them that makes me want to vote in the first place.

For semis/finals, I’m sure the chat was it would be top down based on points

For league games the only fair way to do it would be a ballot
The main reservation I have with the Scottish cup games is the amount of actual supporters allowed in.

There’s talk of just 8,000. So how many officials of both clubs, the SFA, sponsors etc would that include?

I reckon it would get halved, leaving 4,000. So 2,000 each. A tiny amount.

The main reservation I have with the Scottish cup games is the amount of actual supporters allowed in.

There’s talk of just 8,000. So how many officials of both clubs, the SFA, sponsors etc would that include?

12,000 capacity at the cup final

The plan was to have it top down so in theory all tickets would go to gold MyGers members

If fans were allowed in I would be surprised if tickets were given to hospitality ST holders first

I wouldn't tell anyone who to vote for based on which fitba team they support.
in Scotland you know that is not really accurate.....maybe in Germany/Holland or Denmark but in this wee island in our wee region it goes hand in hand its apart of the picture

Labour
Conservs
lib dems
A4U
Unionist independants
Conservatives have a former IRA gunrunner as an active councillor.
A4U is led by a crackpot who thinks Northern Ireland doesn't exist.
MRL don't field a candidate in my constituency.
Labour (until recently) was Eric Joyce in my seat. Should I have voted for a nonce over the SNP just so he beats the SNP?

No independents are standing.

Labour (until recently) was Eric Joyce in my seat. Should I have voted for a nonce over the SNP just so he beats the SNP?

then I doubt you will be voting ......simply because there is no one

People need to wake up. Rangers don't fit into the SNP narrative simple. Unfortunately a fair percentage of who we thought were Rangers fans actually support them.
I fuc*in despise SNP , have NEVER and will NEVER vote for them ,but I have friends and family who do , but they are still true bears. I've tried in vain to let them see the error of their ways but that doesn't effect their blue dna.

I fuc*in despise SNP , have NEVER and will NEVER vote for them ,but I have friends and family who do , but they are still true bears. I've tried in vain to let them see the error of their ways but that doesn't effect their blue dna.
do they participate in our traditions and culture?

People need to wake up. Rangers don't fit into the SNP narrative simple. Unfortunately a fair percentage of who we thought were Rangers fans actually support them.
hwB7eMa.jpg

I’m the same,We are all Rangers fans to some degree or another some you might say more staunch than others,From decades of season ticket holders to Rangers just being their favorite team.

a fair percentage don't support Rangers - this cracks me up and annoys everyone judging by the posts.

a small percentage does if they are true to their word when it comes to liking/looking out for a successful football "TEAM"......but do they care about the club? its identity, history and traditions?

answer is NO, they would know better and understand the situation Protestant Scotland ( Rangers mainly) find themselves in.

how a Protestant football club doesn't fit into the narrative of a nationalist minority assembly and how we are a stumbling block for their goal.......land of gold milk and honey and dancing unicorns.

I thank god for the no vote every day and I still cant believe people dance to this subject 7 years on .

I always find things like this very interesting,Is there a chance that if we pursue this course of action it could actually have an impact on our supporter numbers,When you think about it there is somewhere between 45 and 55% of the population in favor of independence.

a fair percentage don't support Rangers - this cracks me up and annoys everyone judging by the posts.

a small percentage does if they are true to their word when it comes to liking/looking out for a successful football "TEAM"......but do they care about the club? its identity, history and traditions?

answer is NO, they would know better and understand the situation Protestant Scotland ( Rangers mainly) find themselves in.

how a Protestant football club doesn't fit into the narrative of a nationalist minority assembly and how we are a stumbling block for their goal.......land of gold milk and honey and dancing unicorns.

I thank god for the no vote every day and I still cant believe people dance to this subject 7 years on .

I’d wager most fans are apathetic to religion, better still I think there would be a tiny majority that are Protestants that actually attend church

Do you go to church regularly? You seem fixated on bringing religion into our identity

I’d wager most fans are apathetic to religion, better still I think there would be a tiny majority that are Protestants that actually attend church

Do you go to church regularly? You seem fixated on bringing religion into our identity
because it is....

If i wanted to go on about attending the kirk I would of said lets not watch the old firm on may 2nd instead lets go and pray

;)

We are an all inclusive club, Anyone and Everyone has the right to wear our badge ,EVEN sadly SNP voters. Nobody gets to judge whether anyone else is worthy of supporting Rangers.(within Reason , Craig Whyte I'll give you).
no

I always find things like this very interesting,Is there a chance that if we pursue this course of action it could actually have an impact on our supporter numbers,When you think about it there is somewhere between 45 and 55% of the population in favor of independence.
also shows their is many a different factors in that question of Scottish independence ...

because it is....

If i wanted to go on about attending the kirk I would of said lets not watch the old firm on may 2nd instead lets go and pray

;)

Historically yes, I agree, however I’d wager most fans couldn’t really care less about religion anymore

Historically yes, I agree, however I’d wager most fans couldn’t really care less about religion anymore
Identity is different from preaching a gospel.....

you're not the first one to question me with that btw.......thought better of you :)

Surely the more you trial limited fans in stadiums , Ibrox on May 15, Hampden on May 22 the better you will be prepared for the match v England on June 18.

Better still if the infection rates keep dropping why can’t all Scottish Football admit limited fans in May?

I hope at least Rangers are asking the question.
Because the SNP. Always because the SNP.

Anyway dont let them ruin the occasion just get a huge stash of booze and organise as many people round as you can, or go to them, and enjoy the day with fellow fans.

It belongs to us, dont let them take it away.

Let's be honest 15/20k allowed in or not theres going to be that many around Ibrox so they should just let the fans in

Identity is different from preaching a gospel.....

you're the first one to question me with that btw.......thought better of you :)

Just playing devils advocate, we’re a broad church, so to speak, so we’ll have fans from different faiths and with different political beliefs

I agree re the unionist point though, were undoubtedly a unionist club so I don’t know how extreme nationalists could support us tbh

It's about the only fair way of doing it making it the Scottish Cup Final IMO.

Both teams have earned the right to be there and it's at a neutral venue. If you choose to just have a league game at Ibrox or any other stadium then that team is getting preferential treatment over others and it would create a massive fuss regardless of who it is.

They are season ticket , sash bashing, Belfast every year ,Rangers supporters bus , orange walk followers, yeah go figure.
find that hard to believe , are they aware that the SNP if we became Independent would not recognise Her Majesty the Queen as head of State.( Scottish Republic.) Are they aware that everything you say they do is against their ideals , and the SNP and their followers despise them for everything they stand for.

Just playing devils advocate, we’re a broad church, so to speak, so we’ll have fans from different faiths and with different political beliefs

I agree re the unionist point though, were undoubtedly a unionist club so I don’t know how extreme nationalists could support us tbh
I do get that, also be shocked if we never giving our success in Scotland and Europe from those outwith the Rangers community but that is we're Id expect those people to understand Rangers, learn the history, learn the songs , enjoy the displays and fly our flags and avoid debates like this in first place.

It is a very tiring one

As far as I am concerned , if you vote SNP you are not welcome at Ibrox.

I don’t think we should over complicate things especially in this election. Leave party politics aside and vote for whichever party in your constituency has the best chance of defeating the SNP, Alba or Greens - whether that be Conservative, Labour or Liberal Democrats.

As far as I am concerned , if you vote SNP you are not welcome at Ibrox.
Remember the days if you were a Roman Catholic you were not welcome at Ibrox,
Personally I come from an area that have a decent Rangers support and I would imagine we have some Nats amongst that number,Should some of our supporters organisations come out and tell them they are not welcome and perhaps they should consider following another team.

Surely the more you trial limited fans in stadiums , Ibrox on May 15, Hampden on May 22 the better you will be prepared for the match v England on June 18.

Better still if the infection rates keep dropping why can’t all Scottish Football admit limited fans in May?

If the reputation of hosting a couple of irrelevant Euros games wasn't on the line there would be no fans back in Scotland in May.

Nippy just doesn't want the international community to notice she hates footie and other stuff the proles are into.

Remember the days if you were a Roman Catholic you were not welcome at Ibrox,
Personally I come from an area that have a decent Rangers support and I would imagine we have some Nats amongst that number,Should some of our supporters organisations come out and tell them they are not welcome and perhaps they should consider following another team.
It will re-kindle my faith in some of them if they did

And how do you decide who gets in?
It'll not be a full stadium, the in fighting it would cause would be off the scale compared to anything we've seen before.

Would be better imo to work towards getting full stadium back as soon as possible for a proper celebration of this year's achievements.
There is limited opportunity between now and the start of next season to trial crowds. Given how conservative the SNP has been so far, I have reservations that we will see a full house any time soon. Hampden in June is on 23% capacity. To quadruple that by August is a big ask with no other trials available. Would you be OK with say 50% up to Xmas with fans taking in every second match? But then you are in peak respiratory season after Xmas I suppose and maybe they would be loathed to allow 100% in. So frustrating.

Yes

No one is worse, or/and less dangerous, than any SNP candidate.
That's definitely not true. You've got George Galloway pretending to be a unionist while supporting the IRA and not believing in the existence of Northern Ireland.

It will re-kindle my faith in some of them if they did
There have been various threads on FF about the capacity of Ibrox,How it’s not big enough and it should be increased but now we are talking about cutting down on our potential support,I don’t really think it’s a great business plan.

I'd bet money on a decision whether fans get into the Scottish Cup final happening the week after our next round tie.

If we go through, hampden will be empty.
If not it will be a test event.

Back