Why can’t fans be allowed into our Flag Day as well as the Scottish Cup Final?

There have been various threads on FF about the capacity of Ibrox,How it’s not big enough and it should be increased but now we are talking about cutting down on our potential support,I don’t really think it’s a great business plan.
I would not lose sleep over it mate I doubt Rangers will also.

That's definitely not true. You've got George Galloway pretending to be a unionist while supporting the IRA and not believing in the existence of Northern Ireland.
that is the sad reality of today

Galloway is on our side until the SNP threat is gone
then its back to old issues

a fair percentage don't support Rangers - this cracks me up and annoys everyone judging by the posts.

a small percentage does if they are true to their word when it comes to liking/looking out for a successful football "TEAM"......but do they care about the club? its identity, history and traditions?

answer is NO, they would know better and understand the situation Protestant Scotland ( Rangers mainly) find themselves in.

how a Protestant football club doesn't fit into the narrative of a nationalist minority assembly and how we are a stumbling block for their goal.......land of gold milk and honey and dancing unicorns.

I thank god for the no vote every day and I still cant believe people dance to this subject 7 years on .
Following this "logic" can only a practising Protestant be a "true Rangers fan" in your opinion?

That's definitely not true. You've got George Galloway pretending to be a unionist while supporting the IRA and not believing in the existence of Northern Ireland.

Even that prick would be tied to party lines.
Listen mate, all I'm saying is suck up your doubts and vote out the SNP, no matter how much you hate the particular candidate you have to vote for to facilitate this, it's the only way to rid ourselves of this cancer.
Somehow I don't think that's your priority though!

We are an all inclusive club, Anyone and Everyone has the right to wear our badge ,EVEN sadly SNP voters. Nobody gets to judge whether anyone else is worthy of supporting Rangers.(within Reason , Craig Whyte I'll give you).
PbZQ70S.gif

Even that prick would be tied to party lines.
Listen mate, all I'm saying is suck up your doubts and vote out the SNP, no matter how much you hate the particular candidate you have to vote for to facilitate this, it's the only way to rid ourselves of this cancer.
Somehow I don't think that's your priority though!
He's leading his own party now. It seems plenty have swallowed his pish

He's leading his own party now. It seems plenty have swallowed his pish

See post above (#110) if you don't want SNP, vote SNP if you do, simple really and all the excuses in the world won't change that.
If you want to vote SNP it's, at the moment, a free country, go ahead.

Last edited:
find that hard to believe , are they aware that the SNP if we became Independent would not recognise Her Majesty the Queen as head of State.( Scottish Republic.) Are they aware that everything you say they do is against their ideals , and the SNP and their followers despise them for everything they stand for.
Believe m8 it's true , I've had a lot more time to get my head around it and it still annoys the fu*k out of me but politics and family don't mix . The one conversation we did have around the referendum didn't go well and I'm pretty sure they agreed with mostly everything I said but felt they simply wanted Scotland to govern itself.

Conservatives have a former IRA gunrunner as an active councillor.
A4U is led by a crackpot who thinks Northern Ireland doesn't exist.
MRL don't field a candidate in my constituency.
Labour (until recently) was Eric Joyce in my seat. Should I have vote for a nonce over the SNP just so he beats the SNP?
A 73 year old Councillor in Croydon?? Is that the scumbag you speak of? None of us can vote for her in May!!

It's very simple, all the parties and politicians are corrupt in some way, shape or form. Elections are about shoehorning the least sh1te candidate or party into power.

If you value the Union you don't vote snp (ira supporters in abundance), greens (ira supporters in abundance) or the fat nonce...cos he's a fat nonce.

Conservatives have a former IRA gunrunner as an active councillor.
A4U is led by a crackpot who thinks Northern Ireland doesn't exist.
MRL don't field a candidate in my constituency.
Labour (until recently) was Eric Joyce in my seat. Should I have vote for a nonce over the SNP just so he beats the SNP?
You should vote for who’s best to get rid of the SNP. Seems you have a problem with everybody who isn’t SNP which says everything.

A 73 year old Councillor in Croydon?? Is that the scumbag you speak of? None of us can vote for her in May!!

It's very simple, all the parties and politicians are corrupt in some way, shape or form. Elections are about shoehorning the least sh1te candidate or party into power.

If you value the Union you don't vote snp (ira supporters in abundance), greens (ira supporters in abundance) or the fat nonce...cos he's a fat nonce.
So don't back parties because they have ira supporters but turn a blind eye to one that has an actual ira terrorist? seems a bit backwards there.

I couldnt' care less what age she is, the fact she remains a member of the Tory party despite being outed as a former IRA member is shameful.

You should vote for who’s best to get rid of the SNP. Seems you have a problem with everybody who isn’t SNP which says everything.
Oh no I have a massive problem with them too, I'm just curious which party is the approved party for Rangers fans since apparently voting a certain way means you're not a Rangers fan.

So don't back parties because they have ira supporters but turn a blind eye to one that has an actual ira terrorist? seems a bit backwards there.

I couldnt' care less what age she is, the fact she remains a member of the Tory party despite being outed as a former IRA member is shameful.
If you read my comments you know I didn't say that at all, you have a mentally challenged-like knack for spinning the story!

In Scotland we cannot vote for a politician in Croydon!
If you value the Union don't vote for republicans...doesn't get more fvckin simple chief.

Oh no I have a massive problem with them too, I'm just curious which party is the approved party for Rangers fans since apparently voting a certain way means you're not a Rangers fan.
Reading your posts you don’t have as big a problem with them as you do everybody else. I suspect independence is the deciding factor.

Surely the more you trial limited fans in stadiums , Ibrox on May 15, Hampden on May 22 the better you will be prepared for the match v England on June 18.

Better still if the infection rates keep dropping why can’t all Scottish Football admit limited fans in May?

I hope at least Rangers are asking the question.
The current band of chancers and villains are bitter, childish, petulant, bigoted and full of hatred. This overrides common sense.

Reading your posts you don’t have as big a problem with them as you do everybody else. I suspect independence is the deciding factor.
Independence is very much the deciding factor, which is why I won't vote SNP. ScotLab's wishy-washy position on it does them no favours and the way the Tories seem hell-bent on breaking up the union isn't exactly a vote winner either.

Sure his post tells you, not the SNP. Their nearest competition in your area... research it yourself and make an informed decision. Wouldn’t be asking people on forums who you should vote for?
That doesn't say who, it just says who not to. Is there anywhere you can point me to a definitive list of which political parties/candidates views align with those held by football clubs?

That doesn't say who, it just says who not to. Is there anywhere you can point me to a definitive list of which political parties/candidates views align with those held by football clubs?

Post #110, they all align with keeping the union.

Eh? In the Scottish elections seriously?. I can’t stick him either tbh. Ok here’s my take any nationalist or 19th Century Terrorist don’t vote for that better?.....
Aye, auld gorgeous is back for another go on the gravy train, this time pretending to be a unionist - despite his very well-documented history.

Aye, auld gorgeous is back for another go on the gravy train, this time pretending to be a unionist - despite his very well-documented history.
I know he is but he won’t get anywhere near the toy parliament. Never mind a vote on a united ireland ffs.

Ok let's imagine for a minute that 10 000 are allowed in what do you think the other 40 000 are going to do? It would be chaos and would end in a riot.
Imo every seaaon ticket holder should get let in or none at all.

On Monday, 38.5k Texas Rangers MLB supporters inside a 40k capacity arena. No masks or social distancing.
Zero coronavirus deaths reported in Scotland on Tuesday.
UK has the third least cases and deaths across Europe last seven days.

I’m not an expert on US cases/rates, however-
Refusing to let any of us into Ibrox for so long is without doubt, no longer justifiable.

My mental health has suffered badly since last March due to these lockdowns, I’m sure I’m not alone.

We should be pushing for more than a few thousand in football grounds rather than celebrating it.

I think that is a reasonable conclusion to take.
He is just looking for an argument
I would love to know what Policies attract people to the SNP, have a look around the Country, they have been a disaster since they got into Power
They haven't made a success of any of the powers they have not 1 imo. Successful in dividing the country with constant referendum demands. If making me hate people is a success well done them.

I think if we are honest if say 5,000 were allowed in to Ibrox for flag day there would be another 30-40,000 outside.

That’s not criticism it’s just a fact and understandable.
Exactly. There will be more than 50k in groups in Glasgow. What difference does it make if we are sitting in a seat?

lets go

I would say there probably is not, no... but i suspect that post was facetious.

I think that is a reasonable conclusion to take.
He is just looking for an argument
I would love to know what Policies attract people to the SNP, have a look around the Country, they have been a disaster since they got into Power
My favourite is.
Whilst SNP are in charge the council tax won’t rise.
Several years later SNP voters are saying vote SNP as they’re freezing the council tax for another year.

Following this "logic" can only a practising Protestant be a "true Rangers fan" in your opinion?
Some should realise there is a big world outside the west central Scotland/Ulster axis. It is choc full of Rangers supporters who have dedicated their lives to following the team incurring thousands of miles and £'s travelling to Ibrox with their season tickets. A great number dont give a monkey's f*ck about religion or politics. One person's 'tradition' is another's bollocks. In this day and age no football supporter should choose his football team for non footballing reasons, thats something for the narrow minded and hard of thinking. For those who are able to justify such attachment to themselves then thats fine, but remember you aren't seen as a superior fan by others and you shouldn't assume you represent the majority (maybe amongst the noise of FF). Neither do you have a right to insist on fans not being welcome at Ibrox. 'Anyone Everyone' is the Rangers ethos and the 4 lads who represent our origins and 'identity' were neither sectarian nor political in their outlook. I'm coming at this as a Bear for 60 years (ever since I chose Rangers as a 5 yo, falling in love with the great Rangers team of the early 60's), a season ticket and Bond holder for many years until I lost 3 of the latter to Craig Shyte. Moving to live on the isles has rendered the Ibrox commute impractical these days but RTV has benefitted from that. Once a Bear always a Bear RTID.

Some should realise there is a big world outside the west central Scotland/Ulster axis. It is choc full of Rangers supporters who have dedicated their lives to following the team incurring thousands of miles and £'s travelling to Ibrox with their season tickets. A great number dont give a monkey's f*ck about religion or politics. One person's 'tradition' is another's bollocks. In this day and age no football supporter should choose his football team for non footballing reasons, thats something for the narrow minded and hard of thinking. For those who are able to justify such attachment to themselves then thats fine, but remember you aren't seen as a superior fan by others and you shouldn't assume you represent the majority (maybe amongst the noise of FF). Neither do you have a right to insist on fans not being welcome at Ibrox. 'Anyone Everyone' is the Rangers ethos and the 4 lads who represent our origins and 'identity' were neither sectarian nor political in their outlook. I'm coming at this as a Bear for 60 years (ever since I chose Rangers as a 5 yo, falling in love with the great Rangers team of the early 60's), a season ticket and Bond holder for many years until I lost 3 of the latter to Craig Shyte. Moving to live on the isles has rendered the Ibrox commute impractical these days but RTV has benefitted from that. Once a Bear always a Bear RTID.
Oh jesus I just finished my coffee when I seen this post.

Maybe a bit simplistic but why can’t they give entry to those who have been vaccinated? Surely that was the point of it? To allow us to get back to living normally again?

Latest posts

Back