Why can’t we boycott away games?

midlandbear

I don’t see why this can’t be done. Even the threat of it should be made public to them before they vote. We need to start standing up for ourselves, because no one else is.

Vote to stop us having the chance of winning a title, you will not get a single blue penny when you need it most. Simple as that.

Edit: If we can’t do it for all home games, at least pick someone close to Lawell, like Livingston. Let other clubs see what happens if they keep backing that mob. Force them decide if more balanced decisions are worth the financial hit in the future.

Last edited:
we couldnt boycott games under green, we even had 28K odd renew with many on here buying match to match tickets... if we had all not renewed or bought match day tickets we'd have got rid earlier. When it comes to boycotts there's zero chance and no hope we will unite.

The club should refuse to take tickets, some will still go but the other clubs will have to foot the bill for police and stewards as many will be spread around there grounds.
I am all for supporting the club through thick and thin, but the other clubs are using the fact that some will attend relentless.
They are laughing at us, and treating us like a shower of whankers.
One season would fcuk these clubs up as they need the blue pound more than anything else.

As said before, some will go no matter what. There are so many of us we can always fill the full away allocation regardless what others believe to be the best solution.

I don’t see why this can’t be done. Even the threat of it should be made public to them before they vote. We need to start standing up for ourselves, because no one else is.

Vote to stop us having the chance of winning a title, you will not get a single blue penny when you need it most. Simple as that.
We’re Rangers fans mate. Follow we will.

I have since 2011 but would never back a complete boycott as there are fans who haven’t missed a game for years ect .
I do hope however that this break will focus fans to just go to home games

The club should refuse to take tickets, some will still go but the other clubs will have to foot the bill for police and stewards as many will be spread around there grounds.
I am all for supporting the club through thick and thin, but the other clubs are using the fact that some will attend relentless.
They are laughing at us, and treating us like a shower of whankers.
One season would fcuk these clubs up as they need the blue pound more than anything else.
They survived it before, so what's the point. It's what a lot of these fans spend a lot of their money on and if they want to follow the team that should be their decision.

It’s been tried and failed ,we have too large a support ,not everyone feels like you ,deal with that ,accept it and move on .

Teams would lose hundreds of thousands, potentially millions over a season of Rangers money if we boycotted.

Let's pack Ibrox out every home game as always. If we are serious about 55 we should be good enough to win without away fans. Brutal truth.

Catch 22 fans dont want to give other teams money but the team more than ever needs the support if we are to wrestle this league away from that mob

Teams would lose hundreds of thousands, potentially millions over a season of Rangers money if we boycotted.

Let's pack Ibrox out every home game as always. If we are serious about 55 we should be good enough to win without away fans. Brutal truth.
Like they did the years we weren't in the league. None went bust and they wont this time round.

That's rubbish and unfair.

I've only ever been to two away games so I could be incorrect but I don't think I am. In those two games, I would wager that a far greater percentage of fans were blind drunk than you'd ever get at Ibrox. I think it also ties in to the idea of our away fans being better and getting behind the team more. In my opinion, it's probably because they're drunk and enjoying a 'party' style experience in a much greater way than you can ever expect of a Saturday at 3pm - though god knows some obviously try.

It is up to everyone to make their own decision.

Some people don't want to attend away games.

Some people do.

That's how freedom of expression works.

Should

Tannadice is why some 480 odd who think they are bigger than the rest of the support, as a matter of interest is there anyone on here who went and if you don't mind could you explain your rational for going.

Teams are nearer deaths door right now, I'm sure we'd accelerate their death if we didn't supply them with our money.
This is the point. The fact that they survived our absence is irrelevant, because they hadn’t suffered what they’ve suffered recently. We have a chance to put our foot on some of their throats and stop being a soft touch.

It sometimes turns my stomach how little unity we have as a support and a club overall. They will continue to walk all over us if we don’t start fighting back.

This is the perfect time to strike back. It’s now or never.

This is the point. The fact that they survived our absence is irrelevant, because they hadn’t suffered what they’ve suffered recently. We have a chance to put our foot on some of their throats and stop being a soft touch.

It sometimes turns my stomach how little unity we have as a support and a club overall. They will continue to walk all over us if we don’t start fighting back.

This is the perfect time to strike back. It’s now or never.

Best post I've read today.

So what if the club told you they didn't want fans travelling to a particular ground as there club tried to stitch us up would you still try and go despite that?
Of course they would look what happened at Tannadice the game was called off they never refunded or let anyone use the tickets again, yet still they turned up the Nithsdale Loyal even taking them to court didn't deter others.

I've only ever been to two away games so I could be incorrect but I don't think I am. In those two games, I would wager that a far greater percentage of fans were blind drunk than you'd ever get at Ibrox. I think it also ties in to the idea of our away fans being better and getting behind the team more. In my opinion, it's probably because they're drunk and enjoying a 'party' style experience in a much greater way than you can ever expect of a Saturday at 3pm - though god knows some obviously try.
What a fine opinion you have of your fellow fans. I've seen quite a few derogatory remarks on here about our away support, especially the last couple of days. Pissheads, neds and thick as mince being a few examples.

Its well out of order. I don't get to the football now as I cant afford it, but I always loved the away games. Yes it was a lads day out, which came with a bevy, but that's what it's all about. Still went to plenty away midweek games when not on the piss, but it was still a better atmosphere.

You will find a lot of people are creatures of habit and they don't like to alter their normal Saturday or Sunday supporting the team as that's what we have always done, to be fair quite a lot of our away support don't like to alter their normal routine of going to the game to get hammered with their mates and that's probably one of the biggest issues with some of our fans. Yes before anyone takes offence and jumps down my throat I have went to many away games and supported the team hammered but some times you need to make sacrifices to get any type of result. I personally would make this sacrifice and would rather go to a good Rangers pub with my mates and give them my money rather than pricks like Lawell, Petrie or the mentally challenged CEO at Livingston.

Thats my point. Why can the support put on a great show away from home but dont seem to be arsed at Ibrox?
I think one of the reasons could be that you are mostly along with your mates. Not all the time,but most of the time.

That was one of the reasons I hated when they seated both enclosures. There used to be 15 of us always at the same place every game, this happened with other groups of fans too and we got to know them, but after that we were all split up all over the place.

What a fine opinion you have of your fellow fans. I've seen quite a few derogatory remarks on here about our away support, especially the last couple of days. Pissheads, neds and thick as mince being a few examples.

Its well out of order. I don't get to the football now as I cant afford it, but I always loved the away games. Yes it was a lads day out, which came with a bevy, but that's what it's all about. Still went to plenty away midweek games when not on the piss, but it was still a better atmosphere.

I don't see why it's a contentious point. A lot of people going to Ibrox are taking their wife, kids or are going with old friends that have outgrown that phase. I also fully admit that our big European nights reflect that away support more than the ones that go on a Saturday at home versus someone like Dundee. I'm not being derogatory for the sake of it - it just seems obviously true to me that it's the case.

I think one of the reasons could be that you are mostly along with your mates. Not all the time,but most of the time.

That was one of the reasons I hated when they seated both enclosures. There used to be 15 of us always at the same place every game, this happened with other groups of fans too and we got to know them, but after that we were all split up all over the place.

I think it's because you're with your mates and you're by and large smashed.

We seem to agree on that but not in the other replies.

Back