Why can’t we boycott away games?

I don’t see why this can’t be done. Even the threat of it should be made public to them before they vote. We need to start standing up for ourselves, because no one else is.

Vote to stop us having the chance of winning a title, you will not get a single blue penny when you need it most. Simple as that.
The first reply answers your question. Too many Rangers supporters only interested in themselves.

If they really cared about Rangers they wouldn't accommodate us being fucked over time after time.

A lot of people on this thread saying they don’t go to away games but we should all boycott them. Because they’re in a position to simply choose what the support as a whole should do. Some of our support think that because they hate the other clubs that means they love Rangers more.
I've been all over Europe with Rangers, I used to go to the away games but after they fucked us over I have been to 1 away game (Hamilton on the Friday night during MW era)

I love Rangers that's why I don't give clubs money that tried to destroy us (they tried to finish us off for good)

If you are happy to fund these clubs that tried to kills us then fair enough

It will achieve nothing but leaving our team with nobody behind them. They get their tv money, which keeps them going.

They were hardly upset that we took a season longer to get back in the spl. The clubs certainly wanted the tv money though, by carving up the leagues to get their hands on it

The circumstances are wildly different now when compared to then.

We don’t need them, they need us. If Scottish football collapses, we’d get a spot in England the very next season.

I've been all over Europe with Rangers, I used to go to the away games but after they fucked us over I have been to 1 away game (Hamilton on the Friday night during MW era)

I love Rangers that's why I don't give clubs money that tried to destroy us (they tried to finish us off for good)

Fair enough then mate, I’m going to continue going to away games as I simply see any money that I give them as a small drop in the ocean.

Can’t force people what to do but as a club ,Rangers should jus take the smallest allocation they can for these grounds so even if we sell out our away allocation it’s stilll a small percentage of what they would usually get.

I don’t understand why fans don’t see the logic in the boycott .

time-after time we are getting done as mugs and these clubs run over the top of us, the things we’ve got in our favour is our fan base and travelling support, clubs rely on the old firm coming to town for their big payday. Losing out on the big allocation twice a season is a very big hit for them to take .

Boys talking about it’s a chance to go on the swally. Could always support you local or not so local Rangers boozers rather than give your money to these clubs who time after time shaft us when given the chance .

The circumstances are wildly different now when compared to then.

We don’t need them, they need us. If Scottish football collapses, we’d get a spot in England the very next season.
No we wouldn’t, England aren’t just going to hand us a place in the leagues. It doesn’t work like that.

For the millionth time, we do not finance these clubs. If you think that 1000-4000 fans turning up once or twice a season is financing other clubs you’re absolutely delusional. Having no away support will have a detrimental effect on away form, the players always say in interviews how great out the numbers we travel in are. But some people would trade all that so that they can say they got something back on other clubs.

If you’ve said it a million times, then you’ve been wrong a million times. Our support keep these clubs afloat. Simple arithmetic. These clubs are scrapping by as it is. Take away half a million a year from the Rangers support, and they’re gone.

Our short term form is irrelevant, all that matters here is the long term. If people only ever think about next season, then we’re going to be fucked. Short term thinking is why our game is an utter shambles.

Interested in ourself hahahah ur a moron.

You pay hundreds then thousands going over Europe
A moron is someone who happily hands over money to cunts who's favourite sport is kicking Rangers when they are down.

If you care about Rangers then donate your away ticket money to the Club, but of course you wouldn't do that because you'd be denying yourself a 'product'.

No we wouldn’t, England aren’t just going to hand us a place in the leagues. It doesn’t work like that.

We’d have to join the lower leagues, but we’d get in no bother. TV finances would dictate that. Even if we joined the conference, we’d be an enormous pull for that league.

The idea we need to keep our enemies alive for our own survival is beyond contemptible.

If you’ve said it a million times, then you’ve been wrong a million times. Our support keep these clubs afloat. Simple arithmetic. These clubs are scrapping by as it is. Take away half a million a year from the Rangers support, and they’re gone.

Our short term form is irrelevant, all that matters here is the long term. If people only ever think about next season, then we’re going to be fucked. Short term thinking is why our game is an utter shambles.
They survived for 4 years without us. They’ll do it again. I’m not wrong, no matter how much you want me to be.

They survived for 4 years without us. They’ll do it again. I’m not wrong, no matter how much you want me to be.

You’re completely and utterly wrong, as you can’t seem to grasp how circumstances have changed.

Clubs weren’t on the brink of survival then, they are now. It’s not particularly difficult.

A moron is someone who happily hands over money to cunts who's favourite sport is kicking Rangers when they are down.

If you care about Rangers then donate your away ticket money to the Club, but of course you wouldn't do that because you'd be denying yourself a 'product'.
I’m on lotto club1872 pools. I’m the moron u fucking twat

:)) :))

I don’t see why this can’t be done. Even the threat of it should be made public to them before they vote. We need to start standing up for ourselves, because no one else is.

Vote to stop us having the chance of winning a title, you will not get a single blue penny when you need it most. Simple as that.

Supporters are too stubborn/blinded.

Livingston have £200k in cash and around £120k in equity.

Our support in the last two years have given them almost £1M in cash.

To suggest these clubs would survive without our money is plain ignorance.

A few isolated incidents you will always get in crowds that number thousands. I am lucky to be able to follow away and our fans are second to none in the level of support they give to the Team. Midweek games like Aberdeen/Ross County folk like yourself would be found out within minutes you sound like a complete wet blanket.

I don't know what being 'found out' even means here but it sounds like something a 13 year old would say or care about.

So you went to an away match after 2012, well you’ve defeated your own argument,
it doesn’t matter if it’s 100 or 1 you never boycotted.

I know numerous Rangers fans who don’t drink and go to away games, so this away day jolly doesn’t stack up for everybody.

Ive not been to away games for years now through health and choice, I’m more of a Match Thread viewer, the views in there hate Rangers more than the opponents by some distance.

As for telling Rangers supporters how and when to support their club is not you or anybody else’s call.

Livingston have £200k in cash and around £120k in equity.

Our support in the last two years have given them almost £1M in cash.

To suggest these clubs would survive without our money is plain ignorance.
I said on a previous thread we should boycott 1 team all season.a full season boycott of every team is unrealistic where I think we can manage to boycott one team all season making an example of them Livingstone St johnstone or kilmarnock would be my team of choice

I said on a previous thread we should boycott 1 team all season.a full season boycott of every team is unrealistic where I think we can manage to boycott one team all season making an example of them Livingstone St johnstone or kilmarnock would be my team of choice

That’s a decent shout, and one that could appease both sides of the argument. Livingston would be a great target considering their CEO’s behaviour in the last week.

Hold on here. Are you the moral policemen of what your idea is of how people behave. Never heard so much garbage in my life. Remembers me of my auld mother telling me to behave when I headed out for the football.

I've been on trains, buses and in towns/cities when buckied up fans are generally being a bunch of wankers. It's completely and utterly obvious that this is worse when it's away fans going in larger, generally younger (and drunker) groups. I am not being a moral policeman, I'm telling you that I (and others) find it pretty obnoxious. Whether it's a red, white and blue scarf or a green and white one that they're wearing - I'm still not a fan of the atmosphere and that's why I don't go. As I said, I did go twice and it wasn't for me because of the way that others were acting around me. I think that it's my opinion based on experience and it's pretty much a fair one.

It will achieve nothing but leaving our team with nobody behind them. They get their tv money, which keeps them going.

They were hardly upset that we took a season longer to get back in the spl. The clubs certainly wanted the tv money though, by carving up the leagues to get their hands on it

It can make a huge difference to these teams.

you only have to look recently at St Johnstone and their desperation to sell us another stand at short notice.

That’s a decent shout, and one that could appease both sides of the argument. Livingston would be a great target considering their CEO’s behaviour in the last week.
There's no point boycotting teams that it won't effect as much and teams that are regarded as big games. So boycotting hibs Aberdeen ect would be pointless.

You happily give money to clubs that tried to destroy us.
I go to support my Team can't keep clinging on that chat, same when we aren't performing the usual folk saying 'aye but a few years ago we were getting beat off Stirling Albion' etc

I don't know what being 'found out' even means here but it sounds like something a 13 year old would say or care about.
You've attended two away games and tarred everyone with the same brush- our away support is second to none. You wouldn't dare have attempted to call out any of your issues whilst at these games to the 'bams' in attendance

I've been on trains, buses and in towns/cities when buckied up fans are generally being a bunch of wankers. It's completely and utterly obvious that this is worse when it's away fans going in larger, generally younger (and drunker) groups. I am not being a moral policeman, I'm telling you that I (and others) find it pretty obnoxious. Whether it's a red, white and blue scarf or a green and white one that they're wearing - I'm still not a fan of the atmosphere and that's why I don't go. As I said, I did go twice and it wasn't for me because of the way that others were acting around me. I think that it's my opinion based on experience and it's pretty much a fair one.

So your choice was not to go to any away games, due to some fans behaviour.
I take it you won’t be going back to Ibrox due to a couple of drunken bam, 1 who invaded the pitch and the other who threw a bottle.

You can control a lot of the people most of the time but not all of the time.
Take Lockdown, and safe distancing as examples.

These clubs arent depending on 1 or 2 games against rangers to keep them running. The days of us taking over 10,000 to away games are long gone.

They've got the sky money coming in, that I would suggest is where the real arm twisting has came from. Interesting to read that sky expect the new season off and running with the new contract. I think the the spfl, sorry Celtic have warned them that the tv money could be in doubt.

Take st Mirren for instance, they will depend on tv money more than a couple of thousand rangers fans or whatever that end holds. If they were to vote against it, they would be insane. The ultimate Turkey voting for xmas.

Sporting integrity died many years ago when tv money took over the game at every level. That's where we are now and it's sad to say the least. The fact we're actually having a row about this whilst people are dying says everything about where the great game has ended up.
Dont disagree with what you are saying but we as a club and the fans have to chip away at there finances. Now that could include us taking no tickets but as TV money is so important then that's what we aim for (don't know what we could do as probably contracted to agree with games selected!!!), but certainly taking them to court or the higher football associations with regards to the bullying of other clubs and highlighting the bias/sectarianism (UEFA fine clubs and fans for this, so why not associations).
If we do nothing then we dont deserve to moan about continually being shafted.
If for instance Gerrard highlights this to the English media then they will sit up and take notice, as would many other countries media, I know that they would look at punishing him but that's what dictatorships do. That is only a suggestion and both he and the club would have to look at repercussions but this is the sort of course of actions necessary

You've attended two away games and tarred everyone with the same brush- our away support is second to none. You wouldn't dare have attempted to call out any of your issues whilst at these games to the 'bams' in attendance

Because they are bams and would likely physically assault me for asking them to stop acting like it?

That's generally how bams exist.

Rubbish. When was the last time rangers took 10 to 15,000 to an away game in scotland? in fact theres more at games away in europe now.

TV money might not be big up here, but it's enough to keep these clubs rather than depending on gate money with a couple of thousand fans once or twice a season.

For instance, when was the last time dundee utd had the old firm at their ground? Still here arent they, because they get a cut of tv money now, even in the championship. Hearts will go down, but theyll be back as will dundee. So rangers fans keeping them going is a myth.

Well said by you. Giving out verbal to fellow rangers fans.

Tell you what, if on here's a reflection of our support, somethings went badly wrong. I dont think it is though, because I dont know anybody who gives out verbal to our fans like on here
verbal,what verbal .I gave my opinion on why some supporters won't boycott ,a small number of reasons why that might be and i'm sure there are reasons others too and for those having a dig I did,nt say the things I mentioned were attributable to any one person .you will all have your own reasons and views ,just as I have mine .so when was having a view ever a crime .oh I forgot this is follow follow .
well I won't follow like a sheep and i'll hold my own viewpoint if that's ok . if you disagree with it fine by me

verbal,what verbal .I gave my opinion on why some supporters won't boycott ,a small number of reasons why that might be and i'm sure there are reasons others too and for those having a dig I did,nt say the things I mentioned were attributable to any one person .you will all have your own reasons and views ,just as I have mine .so when was having a view ever a crime .oh I forgot this is follow follow .
well I won't follow like a sheep and i'll hold my own viewpoint if that's ok . if you disagree with it fine by me
I've nothing more to debate with you.

Dont disagree with what you are saying but we as a club and the fans have to chip away at there finances. Now that could include us taking no tickets but as TV money is so important then that's what we aim for (don't know what we could do as probably contracted to agree with games selected!!!), but certainly taking them to court or the higher football associations with regards to the bullying of other clubs and highlighting the bias/sectarianism (UEFA fine clubs and fans for this, so why not associations).
If we do nothing then we dont deserve to moan about continually being shafted.
If for instance Gerrard highlights this to the English media then they will sit up and take notice, as would many other countries media, I know that they would look at punishing him but that's what dictatorships do. That is only a suggestion and both he and the club would have to look at repercussions but this is the sort of course of actions necessary
Sorry to burst your bubble mate, but other countries give a feck about what's happening in Scotland as much as you care what happens in wales.

All we had to do was ‘threaten’ to boycott and potentially smaller clubs might have voted with us.

What I’m I doing that hurts us bar supporting us you lady's front bottom
I think he is trying to tell you we are in situation that we are because no respect is shown to The Rangers from any quarter from top to bottom as they can a!ways rely on the Rangers Supporters and not just ticket money,we are fools to ourselves.

Back