Why can’t we boycott away games?

No, they didn't go bust. But they were considerably weakened. The Premier League became a one horse parade with no other club capable of mounting a challenge for any trophy.
If we had stayed down any longer I'm sure a lot of the clubs like Aberdeen and even Septic would have found their model unsustainable.
We were even getting the blame when Septic were getting their annual arse raping from the continental minnows in European competition. I reckon if we hadn't bounced back so quickly Scottish football would be akin to the League Of Wales today. A boycott for one season,denying them the Blue Pound would have the SPFL crapping themselves. Oh, unless they got Super Sell Out Saturday started up again.
Aye because they were all so strong before we went down

I don’t think at this stage it’s about threatening other clubs. We’re trying to get them on side to vote with us, threatening them would just look petty and give them and the press move shit to throw our way! It would make handing them the title easier! We have to box clever with this, the fans boycotting after the vote maybe, but the club should take no stand in boycotting.

It’s as simple as were fans that want to support our team and with away tickets like gold dust we’re not going to reject them, is nice in theory but never going to be practical.

The same blokes who moan like fck about other teams wanting to "kill our club" are the same blokes who are first in line to put money in there pockets and keep them alive.
Its no wonder they dont fear "our blue pound"
So the next time you wanna go in on the sheep or hearts or sellic light, just remember its your fault they are still in the same league.
#enablers

The same blokes who moan like fck about other teams wanting to "kill our club" are the same blokes who are first in line to put money in there pockets and keep them alive.
Its no wonder they dont fear "our blue pound"
So the next time you wanna go in on the sheep or hearts or sellic light, just remember its your fault they are still in the same league.
#enablers
Sound idiot. I’ll take supporting the team. Missed the blue pound so much they’re still here, let’s leave our players without a support

I've read some real derogatory comments made about fans on here, especially the away ones.

Theres no better fans than these guys. If you count the money they spend in a year following rangers, theres no argument. It's a big part of their life so why should they give it up for people who dont go to the away games or have a subscription for RTV

Pick a team - say Livi - and without 2 full houses a seasons at worst we wou be rid of their crappy pitch.

Game would be on the telly anyway.

I've read some real derogatory comments made about fans on here, especially the away ones.

Theres no better fans than these guys. If you count the money they spend in a year following rangers, theres no argument. It's a big part of their life so why should they give it up for people who dont go to the away games or have a subscription for RTV

Agree completely.

It’s every thread the same posters call us down say we’re weak and enabling our haters or some. In reality Rangers means a lot more than some hatred towards a diddy club

I’m lucky I get all tickets not allocated on cccs from bus due to a point system. I’m certainly not going to stop going because of a minority on FF that don’t mirror the awaybsupport on FF
I know plenty of supporters who have never been on FF who are asking for a boycott,although I find our forum a good gauge to measure the feeling of the Support.

Rangers fan calling fellow rangers fans enablers. Theres only one club in scotland guilty of that.
It’s ridiculous like you said I think some are forgetting the holidays etc we need to take of on work on Wednesdays for Aberdeen ross county etc I think calling us enablers is a bit of a low blow. It’s not even that big a deal you either want to go or don’t it really affects no one by all means have a debate but always ends up in the they only want there big Sunday on a drink by an earlier poster that then later said he’d only been to two away game before haha

I don’t see why this can’t be done. Even the threat of it should be made public to them before they vote. We need to start standing up for ourselves, because no one else is.

Vote to stop us having the chance of winning a title, you will not get a single blue penny when you need it most. Simple as that.

how would you react to such a threat? Would you vote in favour of the people giving you an ultimatum?

Limit tickets to 500 per away ground effective immediately. We would still have more noise than the diddy home end anyway and it severely throttles income.

It’s ridiculous like you said I think some are forgetting the holidays etc we need to take of on work on Wednesdays for Aberdeen ross county etc I think calling us enablers is a bit of a low blow. It’s not even that big a deal you either want to go or don’t it really affects no one by all means have a debate but always ends up in the they only want there big Sunday on a drink by an earlier poster that then later said he’d only been to two away game before haha
I cant afford to go to the football now, but I used to love going to away games. You get to know a lot of decent guys from elsewhere.

Used a couple of really good buses in my time. Linwood and queen st, a couple of them. Great days out and the guy on the queen st bus was first class. Always got everyone sorted for tickets. As for europe, all you had to do was give him the money and he would have the whole thing sorted.He always got a good deal with cheap flights and accommodation.

I'm right behind you and the others, boycotting will achieve nothing. It certainly wont help the players, that's for sure.

Not going to start arguing with you but are you saying other than FF you have never heard anyone talking about a boycott.
A full boycott no I haven’t as most of the people I go about with want to attend as many games as they can

So they should tbh because clubs in the SPL didn’t all go bust when we went down the divisions like some thought they would, so what’s the point in boycotting now?
We received £7k per live tv match in the lower divisions i'm sure, now who do you think received/carved up the rest of that TV money

i made a decision in 2012 to boycott the scum who voted us out (including the cowards kilmarnock)
it wasn't an easy decision as i never missed a game including stuff like midweek away reserve games etc.
but i wanted to look at myself in the mirror knowing that i stuck by my morals.
i have no problem with fans still wanting to go away, especially younger ones who never had the chance pre 2012
all i have ever asked is that the fans who go away back the team for 90 minutes no matter what the score is (what is the point of going if you can't do that)
in the majority the fans have been fantastic but there have been exceptions when we have been losing and the "selfish, look at me, that's another game chalked up" guys have been streaming out.
it's not hard to stay for the whole game and show defiance.

i made a decision in 2012 to boycott the scum who voted us out (including the cowards kilmarnock)
it wasn't an easy decision as i never missed a game including stuff like midweek away reserve games etc.
but i wanted to look at myself in the mirror knowing that i stuck by my morals.
i have no problem with fans still wanting to go away, especially younger ones who never had the chance pre 2012
all i have ever asked is that the fans who go away back the team for 90 minutes no matter what the score is (what is the point of going if you can't do that)
in the majority the fans have been fantastic but there have been exceptions when we have been losing and the "selfish, look at me, that's another game chalked up" guys have been streaming out.
it's not hard to stay for the whole game and show defiance.
I agree people that leave early it’s a waste of a ticket or those that leave at HT just stay in pub and give it to someone that wants to watch the whole game but that happened pre 2012 to mate don’t think we’ll ever stop that

I cant afford to go to the football now, but I used to love going to away games. You get to know a lot of decent guys from elsewhere.

Used a couple of really good buses in my time. Linwood and queen st, a couple of them. Great days out and the guy on the queen st bus was first class. Always got everyone sorted for tickets. As for europe, all you had to do was give him the money and he would have the whole thing sorted.He always got a good deal with cheap flights and accommodation.

I'm right behind you and the others, boycotting will achieve nothing. It certainly wont help the players, that's for sure.
Of course it wont help the players but neither did getting booted out the league or have them being awarded a league title because the other Clubs would rather put the boot into us again help either,we are a democracy and thankfully we all have our own choices to make .There are Supporters who go to away games who know fine well what they are giving up for themselves and the Team but are sick of being kicked in the bollocks by these parasites as I said everyone is entitled to their own views and decisions I for one wont dictate to anyone I wont lie and say I'm disappointed but that will be it.

I've only ever been to two away games so I could be incorrect but I don't think I am. In those two games, I would wager that a far greater percentage of fans were blind drunk than you'd ever get at Ibrox. I think it also ties in to the idea of our away fans being better and getting behind the team more. In my opinion, it's probably because they're drunk and enjoying a 'party' style experience in a much greater way than you can ever expect of a Saturday at 3pm - though god knows some obviously try.
100%.....haven't been to any away games since we've came back up, but yes I and others have had a right skinful every away game

Because too many supporters are only interested in themselves. How many people have you met who gleefully tell you that "ahve no missed a Rangers game home and away fur 30 years". They are the problem.

The only way to get supporters to stop going is if the club supported the idea.

Nine times out of ten, these boycotts are proposed by someone who doesn't regularly go to away games anyway.

It’s every thread the same posters call us down say we’re weak and enabling our haters or some. In reality Rangers means a lot more than some hatred towards a diddy club

I liked going to away games. No more for me, would you consider the big picture that you would help Rangers in the long run by exerting some power by boycotting games?

It’s not about hating other clubs more than loving Rangers. It’s about helping the club in the long term

Of course it wont help the players but neither did getting booted out the league or have them being awarded a league title because the other Clubs would rather put the boot into us again help either,we are a democracy and thankfully we all have our own choices to make .There are Supporters who go to away games who know fine well what they are giving up for themselves and the Team but are sick of being kicked in the bollocks by these parasites as I said everyone is entitled to their own views and decisions I for one wont dictate to anyone I wont lie and say I'm disappointed but that will be it.
Maybe you need to get it out your head that all the clubs go about deliberately sticking the boot into us.

There looking after themselves for fecks sake. They dont give a shit who wins the title. Keep hearing about Livingston wanting to hand them the title. Funny that as they've took more points of the Tim's than we have. Not their fault we never took advantage of it.

I liked going to away games. No more for me, would you consider the big picture that you would help Rangers in the long run by exerting some power by boycotting games?

It’s not about hating other clubs more than loving Rangers. It’s about helping the club in the long term
It’s not helping Rangers we struggle away at without us not having a backing. See how the players react to the backing they get they love it

Because too many supporters are only interested in themselves. How many people have you met who gleefully tell you that "ahve no missed a Rangers game home and away fur 30 years". They are the problem.

I personally never mention how many games I’ve missed in conversations and on this thread I know @MearnsUnionist doesn’t. We aren’t interested in ourselves if we were we wouldn’t be shelling a good few hundred extra, we are interested in supporting Rangers

It’s not helping Rangers we struggle away at without us not having a backing. See how the players react to the backing they get they love it

I agree the players need/want the backing. I’m talking about helping the club in the situation we find ourselves in. Not so much regarding winning/losing individual games. I would think the threat of a boycott (when required) would help us in off field negotiations

Like they did the years we weren't in the league. None went bust and they wont this time round.
Like they did the years we weren't in the league. None went bust and they wont this time round.
Some clubs actually made more in prize money in our absence than they would out of gate receipts , if a club gives us 4000 tickets a game it’s worth under £250000 a year less increased police costs and that’s if they play us twice .

I agree the players need/want the backing. I’m talking about helping the club in the situation we find ourselves in. Not so much regarding winning/losing individual games. I would think the threat of a boycott (when required) would help us in off field negotiations
Everyone thought they would fold the last time and stop us being kicked out the league. Didnt happen, so maybe there not as scared of rangers as some of you like to think.

Everyone thought they would fold the last time and stop us being kicked out the league. Didnt happen, so maybe there not as scared of rangers as some of you like to think.
They aren’t as they’ll get money from the papes anyway which goes a long way also

Very harsh and on the whole totally untrue.

You think a Rangers supporter who wants to support his team every week is "the problem?"

Come on mate.

Gone are the days when other teams are reliant on the Rangers support for finance.

With the exception of Livingston and St Johnstone, the away allocations have been drastically cut for Rangers away games now.

Motherwell, Killie, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, St Mirren are nowhere near as reliant on income from Rangers coming to town now.

Reduced ground capacities and massively reduced away allocations has totally changed that dynamic.

Very harsh and on the whole totally untrue.

You think a Rangers supporter who wants to support his team every week is "the problem?"

Come on mate.

Gone are the days when other teams are reliant on the Rangers support for finance.

With the exception of Livingston and St Johnstone, the away allocations have been drastically cut for Rangers away games now.

Motherwell, Killie, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, St Mirren are nowhere near as reliant on income from Rangers coming to town now.

Reduced ground capacities and massively reduced away allocations has totally changed that dynamic.
And I still end up with you Clarkston bastards :))

Back