Why can’t we boycott away games?

The
If you asked Gerrard how he felt about having no away fans at any games next season how do you think he would answer? He is forever going on about needing the fans behind the team.
The fans would still be there but go through the home team for tickets

I would support a boycott but it will not work and would be divisive among the supporters.
We need to come up with another option that we all can get behind

Torn with this one. Against a full boycott as I think our away form would suffer badly. My first priority is Rangers winning, which is the biggest GIRFUY we can give this league. But certain clubs really don't deserve a penny off of us. Targeted clubs for 1-2 games could be answer?

Hurting the finances - The slow play. We don't see immediate results but a couple hundred grand out these clubs books is 2-3 players yearly wages. Players that could be the difference in games against us or keeping a team like Dundee United up.

Taking an allocation - Support Rangers on the way to a title. Witness the seethe from their end when we pump teams who hate us. But they take a big sack of money to the bank regardless.

Also this idea our away support is a bunch of neds is a joke. Yes there are some but the biggest following in the country is obviously going to compared to diddy teams with followings of a couple thousand.

Can I ask a few people to consider that most clubs will do what they think is best for themselves.

Not to support one club, or act against another.

Rangers supporters couldn’t agree the colour of shyte.
The “I’m no missing my day out on the piss, getting away from the Mrs, oh aye and watching the football, if I can see it for anyone” will always be their mantra.
Our support, especially the ones who go to away games, never get the big picture as we are just about to get shafted once again and it’s the same apathetic reaction as before.

Would go further than that would tell all the other clubs their fans are not welcome at Ibrox they complain about it? Tough

We always go on about how good a support we are but this different is about putting these bastards in there place . One season that all it needs let them see what power we have. They slag us run us down to the lowest about time we hit them back . Livingston without our crowds would go under and hurt others financially.

Nine times out of ten, these boycotts are proposed by someone who doesn't regularly go to away games anyway.
Or it could be these boycotts are being proposed by someone who use to go to away games but don’t anymore but I suppose your post sounds better to the few on here going tonto at such a horrifying suggestion.

So if Rangers hint at a boycott or similar pre meeting to try and persuade clubs to see a logical point of view. The mentally challengeds respond likewise. What way do you think the Clubs will vote ?

i stopped going to away games but i understand that people do go simply because they love going to see Rangers.Mabye take a reduced allocation to the clubs that are in the green corner so we are still hitting them in the pocket but there are fans there to support the team.

i stopped going to away games but i understand that people do go simply because they love going to see Rangers.Mabye take a reduced allocation to the clubs that are in the green corner so we are still hitting them in the pocket but there are fans there to support the team.

I go to away games, I would be right behind a club led boycott of certain clubs. Livingston should be the 1st.

there would be no point in people taking a moral stance on their own because someone else would just go instead, the only person missing out then would be me.

Wouldn’t waste time boycotting I would just hand in our notice the SPFL that gives us a few seasons to reform Scottish football or leave for another league.

Let the other clubs sit and watch the yahoos win 20,30,40 in a row in the least competitive league on earth with no TV deal if that’s what they really want. Most of the clubs are just Lawwell lapdogs anyway why continue to fund them long term.

Time to man up and start the process of leaving Scottish football if that is necessary.

If we do nothing they’ll make sure Rangers never win the league again by constantly moving the goalposts whenever they feel like it.

Got to laugh at the entitled on here who actually think that their very mere presence at away games motivates our team.

Obviously there are a few on here that are in on the RSCs and get tickets for everywhere, unfortunately I am simply just an ordinary fan who only gets away tickets through the away scheme.

So I have probably been to more away European ties this season alone than domestic away games in the past three seasons. (11 points on the Travel Club does that get me a special staunch badge?)

This suits me fine would rather not line the pockets of clubs who rely on us to survive but take the p!ss out of our Club at any opportunity, but each to their own doesn’t make you any bigger a Rangers fan than me.

Hard to boycott away games when there's no football on.

Also, our fans care too much about having their individual moment.

Reactions: BWO
I think some feel it makes them more staunch if they keep going to the games. To NOT go to a couple of games to back the club is proper support.

For the fans that refuse to not go to away games, that's their choice. I don't think it shows that they are thinking other than they're day out and the football. It's not about supporting the club it's about going out to the game and that's that.

Got to laugh at the entitled on here who actually think that their very mere presence at away games motivates our team.

Obviously there are a few on here that are in on the RSCs and get tickets for everywhere, unfortunately I am simply just an ordinary fan who only gets away tickets through the away scheme.

So I have probably been to more away European ties this season alone than domestic away games in the past three seasons. (11 points on the Travel Club does that get me a special staunch badge?)

This suits me fine would rather not line the pockets of clubs who rely on us to survive but take the p!ss out of our Club at any opportunity, but each to their own doesn’t make you any bigger a Rangers fan than me.

Its exactly that each to their own but the point you make. So you line the pockets with your allocation you get through Rangers.....your lining the pockets through the tickets you get anyway? Or do you knock back certain clubs?

So as an ordinary fan I presume since 2012 you've taken you away tickets to line the pockets of the club just through rangers? Ordinary ST holders could have had a ticket for I'd guess around 80% of the matches till we got back to the 'big league'.

Because we have selfish arseholes amonst our fans.who will goad others by putting up pictures of thrm inside away grounds and tickets. Giving it loyal to the core and staunch as %^*&..
. ..tbh i gave up on our support yrs ago..from grassing bears other fans in for singing songs to belittling young lads n the ub etc i recall when we did the boycott of dundee hiberians ground ones that went were saying any bear who tries to stop me from entering will be getting a slap

I don’t see why this can’t be done. Even the threat of it should be made public to them before they vote. We need to start standing up for ourselves, because no one else is.

Vote to stop us having the chance of winning a title, you will not get a single blue penny when you need it most. Simple as that.

Nothing to stop each one of us taking individual action to boycotting away games. I don't need an official steer to prevent me from handing over my money to people that hates me.

Hardly likely that ordinary Joes will adhere to a boycott, when the Vice President of the RSA wouldn't. He was our very own Chief Medical Officer - don't do as I do; do as I say.

Or it could be these boycotts are being proposed by someone who use to go to away games but don’t anymore but I suppose your post sounds better to the few on here going tonto at such a horrifying suggestion.

If the club want us to boycott then I'll boycott no problem.

Whether or not we boycott hardly makes a blind bit of financial difference to the majority of the clubs now.

Greatly reduced away allocations have put paid to that.

Rangers supporters couldn’t agree the colour of shyte.
The “I’m no missing my day out on the piss, getting away from the Mrs, oh aye and watching the football, if I can see it for anyone” will always be their mantra.
Our support, especially the ones who go to away games, never get the big picture as we are just about to get shafted once again and it’s the same apathetic reaction as before.
We don’t all go on the piss

We always go on about how good a support we are but this different is about putting these bastards in there place . One season that all it needs let them see what power we have. They slag us run us down to the lowest about time we hit them back . Livingston without our crowds would go under and hurt others financially.
They had 4 seasons without us

Its exactly that each to their own but the point you make. So you line the pockets with your allocation you get through Rangers.....your lining the pockets through the tickets you get anyway? Or do you knock back certain clubs?

So as an ordinary fan I presume since 2012 you've taken you away tickets to line the pockets of the club just through rangers? Ordinary ST holders could have had a ticket for I'd guess around 80% of the matches till we got back to the 'big league'.
Judging by your photo I got on your bus with H and B to piggery, B still never bought a round :))

How many of the teams currently in our league rely on us to survive mate?

Those days are gone.

As I've already said, our love for Rangers isn't solely measured by how many games we go to.

A blanket boycott over several grounds won’t work, but we could make a point by targeting one club. This club could be Livingston.
We know some fans will still go, so instead ask for a significantly reduced allocation hitting them in the pocket.

Livingston is the obvious one, both because of the number of tickets we get and their recent stance.

Targeting certain clubs would be productive. And for those who want their football fix seeing Rangers, when those fixtures come round why not go to support the youth teams if they are playing at home and the money stays with Rangers.

As much as FF not like it the away support have no interest in boycotting games unless the club says.

It won't be an all or nothing situation. Some fans will boycott if asked to and some won't.The question is whether their would be enough fans boycotting our away games to cause a financial impact to the clubs who despise us but gladly accept our money?

Another point to consider is - Would having no away fans there or many fans less than normal effect our away team performances in the negative? Many of our away performances in the first half of last season were very good and there appeared to be a great atmosphere generated by our away support of the team at games (at least on live TV anyway I.e. in comparison to Ibrox at times.

By the way I am in favour of boycotting (and I don't attend our away games) however our away support have my utmost respect in Follow, Following on.

Last edited:
It won't be an all or nothing situation. Some fans will boycott if asked to and some won't.The question is whether their would be enough fans boycotting our away games to cause a financial impact to the clubs who despise us but gladly accept our money?

Another point to consider is - Would having no away fans there or many fans less than normal effect our away team performances in the negative? Many of our away performances in the first half of last season were very good and there appeared to be a great atmosphere generated by our away support of the team at games (on live TV anyway) I.e. in comparison to Ibrox at times.

By the way I am in favour of boycotting (and I don't attend our away games). However our away support have my utmost Respect to Follow, Follow.

Rangers should make the decision to refuse away tickets for any club that votes for this pish today!

I don’t see why this can’t be done. Even the threat of it should be made public to them before they vote. We need to start standing up for ourselves, because no one else is.

Vote to stop us having the chance of winning a title, you will not get a single blue penny when you need it most. Simple as that.
Same reason we cannot,as a society obey the lockdown instructions.
Some people simply will not accept a boycott.

The only way to get anything changed in this backwards shite hole is unfortunately to get other clubs on our side, no matter how unpalatable that is, boycotting these clubs wont help us
The players also need us to be there, i have never thought of going to away games as giving other teams money only to support Rangers

I’d rather go support the starting 11.
didn't take long first reply says it all :( and i'd question if, by giving your hard earned to our many enemies you are actually supporting the starting 11 and our club as a whole in the long term .
i'm sure you, like many others have a logical reason planted in your head somewhere like a weekend booze session with the mates or the fact that you've never missed any game in how many years or you simply don't care that our club and support are continually wronged and taken advantage off .
bottom line is you do it for you and certainly not the good of rangers fc

I don’t go away any more my choice , but if all bears boycotted it would soon bite , I do not give a fk about other teams if they go bust so be it

didn't take long first reply says it all :( and i'd question if, by giving your hard earned to our many enemies you are actually supporting the starting 11 and our club as a whole in the long term .
i'm sure you, like many others have a logical reason planted in your head somewhere like a weekend booze session with the mates or the fact that you've never missed any game in how many years or you simply don't care that our club and support are continually wronged and taken advantage off .
Well said by you. Giving out verbal to fellow rangers fans.

Tell you what, if on here's a reflection of our support, somethings went badly wrong. I dont think it is though, because I dont know anybody who gives out verbal to our fans like on here

I’d rather go support the starting 11.
You and those who have same attitude,are the reason we will always be sh@t on from a great height.
We should have been boycotting away games since our return to the premier league.If we had been I’m in no doubt we wouldn’t be as week as we are now.
Anyway never mind,you keep enjoying your day on the piss and lining the pockets of those who tried to kill us.
The whole of Scottish football hate us and,if it means handing the mhanky mob a free title they are happy to go along with it,as long as it shafts us.
Its time the fans reps asked the season ticket holders opinion on this,more than ever we need to take some form of action or the games a bogey for us ever winning anything again.We have the most loyal support in the country,it’s time to start looking after ourselves and starve the haters of the blue pound.

The club needs to lead the boycott . Saying from next year we won’t accept away tickets.
This is the only way to hurt these teams, would be a massive statement.

Get Rangers TV beaming back to Ibrox for away games.

Ok.

You and those who have same attitude,are the reason we will always be sh@t on from a great height.
We should have been boycotting away games since our return to the premier league.If we had been I’m in no doubt we wouldn’t be as week as we are now.
Anyway never mind,you keep enjoying your day on the piss and lining the pockets of those who tried to kill us.
The whole of Scottish football hate us and,if it means handing the mhanky mob a free title they are happy to go along with it,as long as it shafts us.
Its time the fans reps asked the season ticket holders opinion on this,more than ever we need to take some form of action or the games a bogey for us ever winning anything again.We have the most loyal support in the country,it’s time to start looking after ourselves and starve the haters of the blue pound.
Another one handing out the insults to fellow fans. Now even blaming them for the state we're in. Couldn't make it up. The days of rangers taking 10 to 15,000 away fans are long gone. They get their money elsewhere these days, so if your answer for all this is blaming our fans, then I'm afraid we're finished.

Sad state of affairs indeed.

I’d rather us target a specific club or clubs every season and boycott both away fixtures against them. Hibs would be a good starting point given their sh*te in recent years and today’s vote.

A full boycott wouldn’t work unless led by the club.

Back