Why can’t we boycott away games?

Correct. You are.

If you willingly do shit which hurts Rangers then yes, you are a fucking moron.

So when the gaffer himself praises the fans as an extra man eg. Hearts away he's a moron?

"The only mistake i seen in the interview, was that it was really 14 (men, rather than 13) because our fans were superb on the day"

Reply to Levein claiming we had 13 men due to decisions against them

We don’t all go on the piss

Your pissing in the wind mate. Our away support are second to none. No one goes to line the pockets of other clubs they go to watch
So when the gaffer himself praises the fans as an extra man eg. Hearts away he's a moron?

"The only mistake i seen in the interview, was that it was really 14 (men, rather than 13) because our fans were superb on the day"

Reply to Levein claiming we had 13 men due to decisions against them

Gerrard always talks about needing the fans before games. No fan goes to fund the opposition they go to watch Rangers and support the team they love.

Rubbish. When was the last time rangers took 10 to 15,000 to an away game in scotland? in fact theres more at games away in europe now.

TV money might not be big up here, but it's enough to keep these clubs rather than depending on gate money with a couple of thousand fans once or twice a season.

For instance, when was the last time dundee utd had the old firm at their ground? Still here arent they, because they get a cut of tv money now, even in the championship. Hearts will go down, but theyll be back as will dundee. So rangers fans keeping them going is a myth.

Maybe best to know the whole picture before saying it’s rubbish. The last three trips to Livingston we’ve taken almost 7,500 each time. Average price of £30 a ticket and you’re at roughly £225k a visit. We’ve been there twice this season, and would have likely visited once more. This is a club who are living hand to mouth every season. You might want to get your calculator out, as if you take £450k off Livingston’s income, they are running at a massive deficit for a club their size

Dundee Utd are surviving by the skin of their teeth, so that’s a terrible example. One more season in the Championship and they were absolutely fucked.

Hearts are the exception rather than the rule.

You’re refusing to see the facts in front of your face here.

Your pissing in the wind mate. Our away support are second to none. No one goes to line the pockets of other clubs they go to watch

Gerrard always talks about needing the fans before games. No fan goes to fund the opposition they go to watch Rangers and support the team they love.

I don’t think anyone is questioning how tremendous our away support is. They are magnificent every second week. That’s a separate issue though. For some short term pain for the away support, we could yield tremendous long term gain.

In this case, the Livingston CEO knows he can demonise Rangers fans and Protestants on Twitter, vote in favour of whatever Celtic propose, slag off Unionists at every juncture and he’ll still rake in half a million a season from the Rangers support.

I don’t know how that can sit right with anyone, particularly when there’s something we can do as a support to impact it.

Maybe best to know the whole picture before saying it’s rubbish. The last three trips to Livingston we’ve taken almost 7,500 each time. Average price of £30 a ticket and you’re at roughly £225k a visit. We’ve been there twice this season, and would have likely visited once more. This is a club who are living hand to mouth every season. You might want to get your calculator out, as if you take £450k off Livingston’s income, they are running at a massive deficit for a club their size

Dundee Utd are surviving by the skin of their teeth, so that’s a terrible example. One more season in the Championship and they were absolutely fucked.

Hearts are the exception rather than the rule.

You’re refusing to see the facts in front of your face here.
This would be the same sources that said Celtic would crumble this season. Dundee utd wouldn't have went bust any more than dundee would.

I don’t think anyone is questioning how tremendous our away support is. They are magnificent every second week. That’s a separate issue though. For some short term pain for the away support, we could yield tremendous long term gain.

In this case, the Livingston CEO knows he can demonise Rangers fans and Protestants on Twitter, vote in favour of whatever Celtic propose, slag off Unionists at every juncture and he’ll still rake in half a million a season from the Rangers support.

I don’t know how that can sit right with anyone, particularly when there’s something we can do as a support to impact it.

There’s posts by folk that don’t even go to games saying away fans are the problem and they only go because it’s a day on the piss?

This would be the same sources that said Celtic would crumble this season. Dundee utd wouldn't have went bust any more than dundee would.

What on earth are you taking about? It was well publicised that Dundee Utd were on the brink. What have Celtic got to do with that?

"The principal risk to the business is therefore the possibility of the team remaining in the Championship for a prolonged period of time.”

Carry on ignoring the facts if you want though.

There’s posts by folk that don’t even go to games saying away fans are the problem and they only go because it’s a day on the piss?

I think that’s a large part of why people don’t want to give it up, a great day out away from the wife and kids, but that doesn’t change the fact the support are fantastic.

I appreciate for the hardcore element, it would be a massive change to their life for a short period of time, but long term we’d yield so many benefits and far more power as a support.

On the continent, the hardcore away support wouldn’t stand for this sort of thing. They vote with their feet and do it very effectively.

I haven't been to an away game for a couple of decades except Ayr and Stranraer so I have no right to even consider asking Bears to boycott away games,In saying that it seems it might be the only way to hurt our haters unless there are other ideas that could be worth considering,
We will probably be laughed at and crawling away with our tails between our legs as has become the norm.

Sorry to burst your bubble mate, but other countries give a feck about what's happening in Scotland as much as you care what happens in wales.
Not bursting my bubble mate I am thinking of the media in other countries highlighting the way some clubs are being treated by their association.
Individuals might not give a hoot about clubs from another country but surely the elected representatives of countries would.
There have been times when associations have been taken to task by UEFA and FIFA, albeit following civil wars, in the past.
As I said we have to do something or lie back and accept it, unfortunately I dont have the answers only suggestions and opinions.

Another one handing out the insults to fellow fans. Now even blaming them for the state we're in. Couldn't make it up. The days of rangers taking 10 to 15,000 away fans are long gone. They get their money elsewhere these days, so if your answer for all this is blaming our fans, then I'm afraid we're finished.

Sad state of affairs indeed.
Take it as an insult if you like,but the fact is some in our support choose to finance people who tried to put our club out of existence.
Just as a matter of interest,where do these teams get their money elsewhere,if that’s the case why do some teams take advantage and raise ticket prices when we come calling.

Not bursting my bubble mate I am thinking of the media in other countries highlighting the way some clubs are being treated by their association.
Individuals might not give a hoot about clubs from another country but surely the elected representatives of countries would.
There have been times when associations have been taken to task by UEFA and FIFA, albeit following civil wars, in the past.
As I said we have to do something or lie back and accept it, unfortunately I dont have the answers only suggestions and opinions.
This should have been a blanket decision by uefa. They should never have left individual countries to go their own way. It leaves a legal minefield.

Take it as an insult if you like,but the fact is some in our support choose to finance people who tried to put our club out of existence.
Just as a matter of interest,where do these teams get their money elsewhere,if that’s the case why do some teams take advantage and raise ticket prices when we come calling.
Same as we charge more money when European clubs come calling. TV money means more now, we just dont take the amount of fans away that we once did.

I think that’s a large part of why people don’t want to give it up, a great day out away from the wife and kids, but that doesn’t change the fact the support are fantastic.

I appreciate for the hardcore element, it would be a massive change to their life for a short period of time, but long term we’d yield so many benefits and far more power as a support.

On the continent, the hardcore away support wouldn’t stand for this sort of thing. They vote with their feet and do it very effectively.
Well it is my life I spend all income that can go out following us all over and I’m not giving it up unless the club ask us to

I could not agree more but unfortunately it won’t happen. We couldn’t even boycott Scumdee Utd a few seasons back .

Yet you will still get the selfish ones that have "never missed a game in x amount of years" or "i will go to support my club".

Its looking like its time to put your days out and record amount of away trips second to fight the enemy of your club!

If the club refuse tickets then our fans have no choice! Club need to make a stand against these corrupt bastards
If the club refuses to deal with away tickets, then I certainly won't be going to an away game, its still a personal choice but we would know where the club stood on this,it would also stop any strict liability against us

If the club refuses to deal with away tickets, then I certainly won't be going to an away game, its still a personal choice but we would know where the club stood on this,it would also stop any strict liability against us
Same here, wont be on any away cccs next season if the club dont deal with it!

Yet you will still get the selfish ones that have "never missed a game in x amount of years" or "i will go to support my club".

Its looking like its time to put your days out and record amount of away trips second to fight the enemy of your club!

Gerrard wants the fans there supporting the team. He says it virtually every PC. Having no away fans would harm us onthe park as much as it would the other teams in the pocket.

I'm not sure Tynecastle is the best example to use given how dire we've performed. The extra man hasn't worked.

The Club could refuse to handle away tickets. The opposition will still sell them but let them take in the additional costs and work.

Away tickets will likely be even more expensive next season. At some point, surely even the most devoted must question why they are prepared to finance those that despise us.

This is not a dig at our support who go to all games , far from it

But I want my club to come out now and say we are not taking any tickets whatsoever anymore for any grounds

From this thread, that appears to be the only option at this point, as I don’t think enough of the away support would be willing to make the short term sacrifice for the long term good.

I'm not sure Tynecastle is the best example to use given how dire we've performed. The extra man hasn't worked.

The Club could refuse to handle away tickets. The opposition will still sell them but let them take in the additional costs and work.

Away tickets will likely be even more expensive next season. At some point, surely even the most devoted must question why they are prepared to finance those that despise us.

The extra man doesn't mean you have a divine right or will win every game but if Gerrard who has played at the highest level says that a strong away support is a plus for us then who are we to say differently?

As I said a few pages back, if you don't want to take away tickets don't but demanding others conform to your line of thinking is almost facistic.

People go to support the team not fund our rivals.

The extra man doesn't mean you have a divine right or will win every game but if Gerrard who has played at the highest level says that a strong away support is a plus for us then who are we to say differently?

As I said a few pages back, if you don't want to take away tickets don't but demanding others conform to your line of thinking is almost facistic.

People go to support the team not fund our rivals.

You can't separate it. Attending games strengthens our rivals and illustrates there are no consequences to their behavior.

We can't complain about today and continue to attend. It's not football. It's political. If we don't engage, then nothing will change. At times, difficult decisions are required.

You can't separate it. Attending games strengthens our rivals and illustrates there are no consequences to their behavior.

We can't complain about today and continue to attend. It's not football. It's political. If we don't engage, then nothing will change. At times, difficult decisions are required.

The gaffer says it helps the team. The consequence is it gives funds to our rivals.

It's up to everyone as an individual to choose which one outweighs the other.

For some they just want to watch and support their team and I don't think anyone should be denying them that right or insulting them. Just as no-one should deny your right to refuse to buy away tickets.

Never one to advocate a boycott , went 9 years from 83 to 91 and never missed one --only missed first in nine years due to sisters wedding--Trevor Stevens league winner at Tannadice---but I think it would be worthwhile asking the away fans to boycott one game only , just one --where we know that team depends on us --ie Livi--ST J---Killie when they try to give us loads again and St Boo to let them feel the pain --As these clubs will have budgeted our 100k for that game in their budget for year. Only a thought ….

Agreed, this is the best route to go down, we refuse to handle away tickets and the opposition pay the price.

Away from home cup games are the games to boycott we still get half the gate money after their costs are taken off
Dundee utd did not want to give us any money the last time but had too

Now it does.. cant tou see whats happening, tet they want to fill other clubs pockets.... stay away... fill bluenose pubs... fill Ibrox on matchday at home....

Keep seeing this fill Ibrox on a match day. So we boycott the other clubs and the SPL/SFA let us fill our boots?

Keep seeing this fill Ibrox on a match day. So we boycott the other clubs and the SPL/SFA let us fill our boots?
Yes .. look at clubs like livi and st j.. to survive they need to give us 3 stands aberdeen have cut there capacity down to 14k for next yr... we dont need them they need us... starve them of the blue£££

Yes .. look at clubs like livi and st j.. to survive they need to give us 3 stands aberdeen have cut there capacity down to 14k for next yr... we dont need them they need us... starve them of the blue£££

Others are suggesting beaming the games back to Ibrox which is nevergoing to be allowed to happen

Back