Why change a winning team

Cardendenger

Unless we had injuries to Davis Arfield and Tav then why not finish the season strong with a win against a team we've struggled against.

To many squad players not good enough and team dynamic changes with Morelos playing.

That has really pissed me off after all the hard work over last few month to put a run together

Our Manager said at the start of match we had players carrying injuries and others needed a break

It’s the end of the season, it’s a plastic pitch, we had nothing to play for, and we were giving players a well earned rest ahead of an early start again next season.

Take your pick, it’s really not worth getting worked up about today.

I actually understand the changes today as the season is over and it gives Gerrard a chance to experiment but I expect it was the last chance saloon for a lot of them and a lot of them have let themselves down again.

Unless we had injuries to Davis Arfield and Tav then why not finish the season strong with a win against a team we've struggled against.

To many squad players not good enough and team dynamic changes with Morelos playing.

That has really pissed me off after all the hard work over last few month to put a run together
Calm down ffs

Does it really matter?

I’d rather give some players some extra time off considering the early start we have to a season.
Wrong ....wrong.
The gaffer just learned another valuable lesson.
We play our best team at all times. Fringe players have to earn a place otherwise you get performances like that

Meaningless game and a terrible surface , nothing to gain by playing a full side and risking injuries. Also gives players an extra break after a long season. The reaction to today is over the top , means nothing in the grand scheme.

Arfield, Katic and Davis had knocks/summer commitments/needed a rest.

That’s why.

Let them get their holiday, then International duty for some, back pre season ready to go, what’s hard about those thoughts by the manager.

The squad players should be good enough or there is not much point having them. It was probably a final chance for a few today and they have made it an easy decision for Gerrard

Wrong ....wrong.
The gaffer just learned another valuable lesson.
We play our best team at all times. Fringe players have to earn a place otherwise you get performances like that
%^*& off if the gaffer really bothered about the win he’d not of sent arguably our best player off on holiday early.

Do you think if we were playing for something he’d of done the same.

Because it was a meaningless game and to give players a break after a tough run of games with internationals coming up maybe? cheer up we might have just cost aberdeen europe, silver linings and that

It wasn’t as if the gaffer didn’t warn us he was making changes.he said after the game last week that the rangers team today would look very different from the team that finished last Sunday.do you seriously think he would have changed if today’s game wasn’t meaningless

The manager explained the changes.

No game should be meaningless for Rangers full stop. Guys having to stump up ticket and travel money plus players earning thousands a week to be beaten by that lot twice in the second half of the season.

This message board is mental, of course you play fringe players in the last game of the season. Our big name players need a rest as much as the other players need some game time.

Big picture FFS, meaningless game and result.

This message board is mental, of course you play fringe players in the last game of the season. Our big name players need a rest as much as the other players need some game time.

Big picture FFS, meaningless game and result.
Most of those players have played in nearly all the games since the 12th July and most sensible supporters all thought that our season ended last week.

Folk criticising Gerrard for giving players who’ve played 60 games a rest are embarrassing.

Absolutely fucking cringe, He gives them a well deserved break with International games to come. Meaningless game on a plastic pitch against a side going for Europe. We got to run out some Players Gerrard wants to see if they still have anything to offer as well as two kids. What if he played Arfield, Tav, Defoe from the start and Davis and one of more end up injured on the plastic same folk be moaning if they then never made the European qualifiers or start of the season.

Today was a good reminder that we need a much stronger squad to challenge for the league.

We'll get the benefit of resting the players at the start of next season.

Absolutely correct to make the changes.

Arfield has Concacaf Gold Cup, Davis has two big NI games 8, 11th June, Katic u21 Euro's. Pre season will start some time in mid June, they need a break or they wouldn't have one and you would be wondering why they look lackluster in October. Had the game meant anything I'm sure they would have been playing.

They need a holiday apparently, don’t we fuckin all.

I wish I had a break but rangers will take money from my account on a regular basis from now until September.

The manager decided to rest some players and give others a last run out.

It was clearly a conscious decision and perhaps it helped him make up his mind about one or two of them once and for all.

I can’t get particularly upset about it.

Halliday, candeais, barasic should be sold ASAP.

Flanagan is a back up at right back and it’s shown today how important Tav is.

Morelos I think we could replace.

How would people be feeling if Davis Arfield and Tav got injured on that shocker of a pitch like Jamie Murphy ?

Arfield and Katic already on their holidays. Tav deserves a rest. That team should have been more than good enough to beat kilmarnock.

Good decision from the manager to give a few players a rest. The summer break is all too short these days with the early starts for the Euro qualifiers. The guys who sat out today have done really well for us over the last month. Good opportunity to let them get a wee bit extra time. We will need them when the serious stuff comes round again.

Because the season finished last week and our priority is preparing for our qualification games in 8 weeks time.

Anyone whining about today is massively short-sighted.

Back