Why change a winning team

Unless we had injuries to Davis Arfield and Tav then why not finish the season strong with a win against a team we've struggled against.

To many squad players not good enough and team dynamic changes with Morelos playing.

That has really pissed me off after all the hard work over last few month to put a run together
Have a break,tav has played about 60 games this season.
Today gerrard will realise a lot of squad aren't really good enough I.e Halliday,candieas,Barisic

Unless we had injuries to Davis Arfield and Tav then why not finish the season strong with a win against a team we've struggled against.

To many squad players not good enough and team dynamic changes with Morelos playing.

That has really pissed me off after all the hard work over last few month to put a run together

Here we go, trust the manger ffs. He allowed `Arfield and Katic to go early and Tav deserves a long break.

I’m referring to the whole ‘needing a rest’ excuse being trotted out.

We should’ve played to win today in any case, it wasn’t meaningless.
If man city had a meaningless last game of the season they'd have rested players. Also their squad is so deep they can easily rotate through the season. A comparison for you: Tav played 57 games this season, and we start again in about 7 weeks. Kyle walker played 47, and won't be back playing until mid August.

As said, I’m referring to the ‘needing a rest’ excuse.

Total nonsense. Nobody needed a rest other than maybe the international players. We should have gone to win.
Pish. Our squad is half the size if the club’s you mention in terms of strength and depth.

To compare them in any way is nonsensical.

They do in theory but don’t change half as much as you’d think.

If you won’t accept City then take Liverpool or Spurs. Same principle.
All of those teams have had huge games up until the very end of the season. Every game has meant a massive amount. Ridiculous comparison.

Because it's a meaningless game In the grand scheme of things. Players being rested and ready to go for Europa League qualifiers is more important. The gaffer can't win. The moon howlers complaining would also blame Gerrard if they played today, got a bad injury on thst surface and weren't ready for the qualifiers.

If man city had a meaningless last game of the season they'd have rested players. Also their squad is so deep they can easily rotate through the season. A comparison for you: Tav played 57 games this season, and we start again in about 7 weeks. Kyle walker played 47, and won't be back playing until mid August.

I’ll give you Tav.

And I don’t buy this game was meaningless.
We’ve won hee haw this season so still had it to prove. Going out strong would’ve helped do that.

The Yahoos today had a meaningless game. We should’ve won ours.

I’ll give you Tav.

And I don’t buy this game was meaningless.
We’ve won hee haw this season so still had it to prove. Going out strong would’ve helped do that.

The Yahoos today had a meaningless game. We should’ve won ours.
They played against a team who also had a meaningless game. We played away, to the third beat team in the country, on a plastic pitch, in a game they needed to win for European football. Let's just appreciate the improvement this season, give them the rest, and come back firing in early July.

They played against a team who also had a meaningless game. We played away, to the third beat team in the country, on a plastic pitch, in a game they needed to win for European football. Let's just appreciate the improvement this season, give them the rest, and come back firing in early July.

I believe we have improved massively.

But I won’t have this game just written off. It shows the lack of depth in the squad and that upgrades are needed in certain positions.

We had a few boys playing for their Rangers career today, was it meaningless for them? Well, going on their performance, you’d have thought so.

As in my other reply, this wasn’t a meaningless game.
If this game had any meaning, it was to give the fringe players a chance to prove their worth or otherwise. I'm sure Gerrard learned a lot about some players today. Points weren't required, so understanding more about his squad is a positive to take from the day.

Here we go, trust the manger ffs. He allowed `Arfield and Katic to go early and Tav deserves a long break.
Exactly. Arfield had a knock last week and this is his only chance for a rest with him going away with Canada this summer, Tavernier and Davis were injured and Katic was allowed to head off to the U21 Euros. The manager explained all this in the lead up to the game.

How so?

What about Spurs, Liverpool - they relevant.

And don’t give me the meaningless game line.

Today’s game was the definition of meaningless - a win, loss or draw would quite literally have had no effect on anything.

Liverpool and City have rested players throughout the season, while Spurs’ main issue for the past three years has been not having a big enough squad to rest key players.

Personally, I’d argue that £30m/£40m/£50m players should be able to play 70 or 80 games a year, but that’s not the market we’re shopping in.

Today’s game was the definition of meaningless - a win, loss or draw would quite literally have had no effect on anything.

Liverpool and City have rested players throughout the season, while Spurs’ main issue for the past three years has been not having a big enough squad to rest key players.

Personally, I’d argue that £30m/£40m/£50m players should be able to play 70 or 80 games a year, but that’s not the market we’re shopping in.

I’d give you Tav.

Who else needed rested exactly? Others have been injured earlier in the season, the squad changed over January, and it’s not as if we had a season long euro campaign and grueling cup runs.

We should have played our strongest team today and finished the season just 6 points off the Yahoos, giving us a great psychological boost and 7 from 7.

Instead we played fringe players who have let us down before and served up exactly what I expected all week.

I’d give you Tav.

Who else needed rested exactly? Others have been injured earlier in the season, the squad changed over January, and it’s not as if we had a season long euro campaign and grueling cup runs.

We should have played our strongest team today and finished the season just 6 points off the Yahoos, giving us a great psychological boost and 7 from 7.

Instead we played fringe players who have let us down before and served up exactly what I expected all week.

I’d be very surprised if the players take that result to heart too much, the decision to allow certain players the game off was made weeks ago.

Other players who played and didn’t perform will be on their way anyway and we’ve got another European campaign starting in July.

Gerrard’s called it right for me. The Euro campaign was gruelling for the period of time we had it, at such an early stage of our development as well.

Back