Why did our Captain not call out the cheating antics of Scott Brown when he was interviewed after the game?

Might've known it wouldn't be long before Tav got it.

The players will know that Brown laughing at anyone in this Rangers team is a bit like laughing at a guy tripping up after he has shagged your wife.

Leave him to wallow in the misery of a whole career spent at Celtic that ended in the worst failure possible.

Yeah because dignified silence has worked wonders for us eh.

As for temperamental...
You must have hated Souness eh?

I know which of the two I would have every time!
These threads tend to have it all. Posters who can't grasp professionalism, wet dream about "getting in the referees face" (whilst crying about opposition players) and references to Souness and various bygone eras. Chuck in a bit about trench warfare and bingo!!!!

Next time Tav does a Q&A or the likes, I expect you'll be standing up with a mic asking why, in your opinion, he is nonchelant, a shitebag etc.?

Or......start a campaign to get McGregor as captain, he shouts a lot.

Still feel he needs to make himself more 'noticeable' in certain situations on the park. Far too reserved. That being said Clancy would have been too busy mentally undressing Brown to have noticed.

The simple answer to me is that he didnt because its irrelevant. Everyone and their aunty knew what Brown would do. It was up to us to make sure his moaning and plastic hardman act meant nothing, like last year. We failed to do so. Just my opinion, but I dont want our captain greetin over spilled milk publicly. I want the team to bottle the anger from it, learn not to engage with players like him, and do our talking on the pitch. Nothing will shut him up faster or harder than 56. Let him square up to his reflection while greetin in the mirror in May.

There’s no point in greetin in an interview about a classless idiot, we all know what to expect it’s about time we wisened up.

Tav just isn’t going to go on a rant like that after the match.

The manager equally wasn’t going to wade into that territory, even when invited by the question about Kent’s yellow cards.

Let’s be honest, a Celtic manager or captain going off on one about yellow cards would have us all rolling around laughing at them.

Said all of that… something has to be done about Clancey’s performance.
The yellow cards were soft, but the first one was invited by Kent for a push on Hayes in front of the referee (who was already on the scene and dealing with the situation) - it was a cheap yellow to concede.
The second one though… he doesn’t get a yellow card for that unless he is already on a yellow and the red has a chance to send someone off.

The penalty is the one that blows my mind though. It’s almost irrelevant because McGregor goes the wrong way in any case and the fact the ball was rolling made no difference to where it was heading.

The ball was rolling though, and the rules are dead clear:
The ball must be stationary on the penalty mark and the goalposts, crossbar and goal net must not be moving.

Clancey either didn’t see a moving ball despite there being no obstruction between him and the kick, or he saw it and decided not to apply a basic rule of the sport.
He should have his balls booted but will probably end up rewarded with a big game.

Last edited:
Because maybe our players aren’t obsessed with Brown as some of our fans. If our captain sunk to the level of crying about him in a interview it would be embarrassing

Personally no, the push was fine at the time but looking for Tav to be communicating and generally in the face of the referee more than he was or at least was visible on TV.
He was constantly at the ref, particularly after heavy challenges that went unpunished.

People care far too much about Brown on here, it borders the same obsession they have with all things Rangers.

Did Kent deserve a second yellow? No.
Did Brown roll about (the same as a lot of players would) Yes.

Who cares if he is laughing? We dont know what was said between the two the many times they came together.

More worrying than him laughing is the fact half the country will be laughing at us after that lacklustre performance.

When questioned on his thoughts on the match he seemed rather nonchalant about the pathetic, lacklustre Rangers performance. He didn't seem to be in any way concerned that we have dropped four points and once again been outplayed and outfought against a team with limited talent.

The thing that really got me though was that he watched an opponent blatantly cheating to get one of his team mates sent off and when the red card was shown the classless scumbag was laughing in his face. Yet our captain says absolutely nothing about it. Doesn't call him out. Doesn't highlight his disgraceful antics throughout the game nor the fact that Kent will miss the next league match because of the neanderthal.
Nope, he says not a thing.!
If he said anything he would get suspended

Captains shouldn't need to call out the cheating reprobate that is Scott Brown if an impartial and competent referee was doing his job properly. Brown should have been carded for both simulation and especially ungentlemanly conduct or (whatever its equivalent is) when Kent was sent off. In an ideal and fair 'Scottish Football World' (that is rhetorical there isn't one) he should be cited for those antics against Kent post match by video evidence.

Anyway Brown is just an aging footballer and for all his childish, churlish and cheating antics, I know that Rangers stopping 10 a row last season must be the worst thing ever to happen him in football. It really must be eating away at him and has made his antics even worse than before. And that sits really well with me when I witness his wee personal, brainless war against Rangers. In fact he makes so many costly errors against us, especially recently, it is comedy gold for me and I get a good laugh.

Last edited:
Scott Brown lost. He lost his 10 in a row. When a challenge arrived. He lost. That’s it really.

Embarrassing how much the team lets Brown get to them. He's irrelevant, ignore him, don't get involved. He would love it if Tav came out greeting about him in a post match interview.

You could tell from early on last night he was gonna get one of players sent off because they were letting him wind them up.

We didn't play well enough to win last night. We need to play better football it's simple. Any player would look like an idiot if they started calling the ref out - it's irrelevant

Because the real culprit was the referee , he knew exactly what brown was up to but is inexplicably scared of him, just like the other refs are. Brown just loves the attention.

No just go after clancy
He'd have got a ban. And we just sold our cover for his position.

I get we want Tav and our manager to go out all guns blazing because that clown dived about the pitch all night, taunting our players and looking to get them to react (the type of behaviour that he's been indulged all his Celtic career) but maybe this is for the PR man at Rangers to highlight?
No just go after clancy and the officials

When questioned on his thoughts on the match he seemed rather nonchalant about the pathetic, lacklustre Rangers performance. He didn't seem to be in any way concerned that we have dropped four points and once again been outplayed and outfought against a team with limited talent.

The thing that really got me though was that he watched an opponent blatantly cheating to get one of his team mates sent off and when the red card was shown the classless scumbag was laughing in his face. Yet our captain says absolutely nothing about it. Doesn't call him out. Doesn't highlight his disgraceful antics throughout the game nor the fact that Kent will miss the next league match because of the neanderthal.
He was right and so was Gio not to make any mention of Brown in the post match interview.He would have loved that.I mentioned on another thread that he needs dealt with on the pitch,play him at his own game and he will bite. Get in about him,fall over every time he tackles ,get in his face about his nonce mate Griffiths and his former nonce club he can't handle it and will react.

We give brown far too much respect. Yes Tav shoved him away but we should have been in his face as he was gesturing to Kent. He was already on a booking anyway.

Because we are better than that

This place is batshit crazy.
He told the cretin exactly what he thought of him on the pitch immediately after the red card. What's the point bitching like an obsessed teen in post match interviews about it.
Some of you are just addicted to drama. Get a netflix subscription or something

It would have looked absolutely pathetic and sour grapes.

If some of our fans had their way we'd be the biggest laughing stock in world football, crying like bitches left right and centre.

Do you know what the funniest part of all this is, fans expecting players to whine in the press about Brown.
He thrives on the attention, being the pantomime villain, when we ignore him, he is an irrelevance. But too many can't see that and egg him on every game, our hatred drives him and people don't have the brains to see that and just ignore him. Its pathetic this obsession with him.

Why?? All it does it make Tav look petty. Tav said enough to him on the field of play.

We need to pump this lot the next time and we need to win the league. When we do, send Brown a wee message asking him how finishing midtable feels?

Because maybe our players aren’t obsessed with Brown as some of our fans. If our captain sunk to the level of crying about him in a interview it would be embarrassing
Exactly, it just prolongs his notoriety every time he's mentioned.

I would much prefer to see us turn them over in the next fixture and make the sad cnt squirm.

One thing I really hoped when Gerrard came into the club, was that we would discover, and put some real backbone back into the team.As a club on the park, and off it.
But it never happened.

I actually think Gerrard came across as weak, and always too scared to say too much, and wanted to toe the party line.
Occasionally he would the odd comment, but by and large did not want to upset the establishment.Too much.

He was Steven Gerrard.World famous player and came with a reputation, that should have made people take notice of what he said.
But instead after that first day at Pittodrie when Morelos got unjustly sent off, once again just went a long with the usual bs that goes a long with, and allows one club to rule the Scottish game.Weak.

As a team, we haven’t had an enforcer in our ranks since… probably the last one that I can remember was KT.Someone you just don’t mess with.

I remember the old firm game where KT bossed Broon, and Keene, and eventually Broon got sent off as he lost it with Lafferty.
(Think that was the day Mo got that winner).

KT, Big Bougherra, Davie Weir, Naismith, Papic, etc…
We had players who could play, and would fight for each other.On that park.
All those mentioned would have snapped him in two, had he tried to pull that shit that he is allowed to pull these days.

In fact if you look at when he started this shit, consistently… it would probably coincide with the time went went down the divisions.

Total coward, and typical bully mentality.

Naismith wouldn’t take his shit at Hearts, but we have nobody bar McGregor that is willing to absolutely sort this dick out.

Last night just epitomized how weak we have become.
Hayes is allowed to almost break Barasic’s nose and nobody does anything about it.
Broon, Hayes, even Ferguson goes around bullying our players, and not one of them gives it back!

I would have had more respect if Someone, anyone had banjoed either of these three.During or after.At least it would have shown some fight and desire.Instead of this…“We are happy to come away with a point”
Seriously?
That’s a losers mentality.

As for off the park.
I give you Stewart Robertson.
Enough said.

One thing I really hoped when Gerrard came into the club, was that we would discover, and put some real backbone back into the team.As a club on the park, and off it.
But it never happened.

I actually think Gerrard came across as weak, and always too scared to say too much, and wanted to toe the party line.
Occasionally he would the odd comment, but by and large did not want to upset the establishment.Too much.

He was Steven Gerrard.World famous player and came with a reputation, that should have made people take notice of what he said.
But instead after that first day at Pittodrie when Morelos got unjustly sent off, once again just went a long with the usual bs that goes a long with, and allows one club to rule the Scottish game.Weak.

As a team, we haven’t had an enforcer in our ranks since… probably the last one that I can remember was KT.Someone you just don’t mess with.

I remember the old firm game where KT bossed Broon, and Keene, and eventually Broon got sent off as he lost it with Lafferty.
(Think that was the day Mo got that winner).

KT, Big Bougherra, Davie Weir, Naismith, Papic, etc…
We had players who could play, and would fight for each other.On that park.
All those mentioned would have snapped him in two, had he tried to pull that shit that he is allowed to pull these days.

In fact if you look at when he started this shit, consistently… it would probably coincide with the time went went down the divisions.

Total coward, and typical bully mentality.

Naismith wouldn’t take his shit at Hearts, but we have nobody bar McGregor that is willing to absolutely sort this dick out.

Last night just epitomized how weak we have become.
Hayes is allowed to almost break Barasic’s nose and nobody does anything about it.
Broon, Hayes, even Ferguson goes around bullying our players, and not one of them gives it back!

I would have had more respect if Someone, anyone had banjoed either of these three.During or after.At least it would have shown some fight and desire.Instead of this…“We are happy to come away with a point”
Seriously?
That’s a losers mentality.

As for off the park.
I give you Stewart Robertson.
Enough said.
I posted on another thread,Brown picks easy targets who knows will take the bait.

He wouldn’t start on Arfield,Jack,Davis,Goldson,McGregor.

When the team plays crap (and they did last night) , you're hardly in a position to start greetin about the other team.
The way to get to Brown, Clancy et al is to defeat them on the park. Neither of the aformentioned clowns are responsible for our lightweight performance last night.

Think also some fans expect Churchillian speeches from the captain. I'm only guessing but i suspect rapier wit and rowsing speeches are beyond him ..and probably most of the team.
The post match interview is an obligation , sometimes held with players deeply disappointed in their performance , and hardly a good place to start dysecting the game.

I posted on another thread,Brown picks easy targets who knows will take the bait.

He wouldn’t start on Arfield,Jack,Davis,Goldson,McGregor.
Really?

He's been doing this for nye on a dozen years plus.
And has done that against all the above.
At some point or another.
Two of them... last night.

Brown would thrive on tav mentioning it as that's what he is trying to achieve. He should have been pressed and dealt with the right way with his team getting pumped.

Tav is tha captain of Rangers, shouldn't and won't be greeting about the game, and it just gives Brown more oxygen. They should log it for the next game though and get wired right in!

When has any player every called out another post match? In any match in any league? Anything to have a go at Tav

The simple answer to me is that he didnt because its irrelevant. Everyone and their aunty knew what Brown would do. It was up to us to make sure his moaning and plastic hardman act meant nothing, like last year. We failed to do so. Just my opinion, but I dont want our captain greetin over spilled milk publicly. I want the team to bottle the anger from it, learn not to engage with players like him, and do our talking on the pitch. Nothing will shut him up faster or harder than 56. Let him square up to his reflection while greetin in the mirror in May.
This is more or less my view. I recently listened to a podcast interview with Phil Neville and Jamie Carragher. Phil was talking about the Merseyside derby where one of his main aims was to prevent JC and Gerrard from refereeing the game. I don’t think our players done enough of that last night. That’s where we miss a guy like Arfield.

On another point, our players should know how to handle Brown by now. Don’t get drawn into things with him.

In the first half, Kent skinned him and brown fouled him. Play continued but brown picked up a yellow after the ball went out. Kent then went out his way to give brown a wee pat on the back. It’s things like that which will get to the prick.

He'd have got a ban. And we just sold our cover for his position.

I get we want Tav and our manager to go out all guns blazing because that clown dived about the pitch all night, taunting our players and looking to get them to react (the type of behaviour that he's been indulged all his Celtic career) but maybe this is for the PR man at Rangers to highlight?
The day the club runs around after Brown is the day we give up. We're 1 million times bigger than him. We'd make complete fools of ourselves. The man we should be targeting is Clancy. He's taking the pysh. When our players get cheap bookings it takes a vital edge of their game as a red card is likely. Meanwhile Aberdeen players have free reign and there's a 10% swing in intensity in their favour. If the club has to take a financial hit so be it but this blatant snd consistent bias, subconscious or otherwise, is shocking.

The SFA need to reflect why we don't have referees at European championships or latter stages of competitions.

Back