Why did Premier sports only have 1 leg?

Rangers own the rights to the home leg so they probably decided to keep it on Rangers TV PPV thinking they would generate more revenue that way

We make more money from Rangers TV buys than we do selling to Premier.

In the qualifiers the home team owns the rights and can sell to whoever they want.

That was a bit silly. I signed up for 1 game?
They paid the asking price to USG to screen the match but wouldn't stump up what Rangers wanted for the second leg. Simple as that.

Should have just bought both legs via RangersTV mate. You should still get the QotS game on Premier within your month though.;)

That was a bit silly. I signed up for 1 game?
I couldn’t get the fucking thing on my TV , was on channel right until coverage started then bang , %^*& all , jumped in van , down to local bar that was showing it , horrid game 8 pints down , charge running down asked behind bar to charge it so could call a taxi , gets charged phone is freezing then won’t do anything . Asks lassie behind bar to call me one . Phone won’t let me answer calls from Mrs and daughter, then in middle of me talking to barmaid it answers with them hearing aye we will just get a taxi , instead of just forget that taxi :D.Back in raging in the bad books %^*& Premier .

Can pubs show RTV games? Is there a way for them to buy public screening rights or will no pubs be showing it?

I wonder how many people will pay the RTV tenner tonight?

Anyone know the numbers roughly? 20k people? That would be £200k banked.

Rangers own the rights to the home leg so they probably decided to keep it on Rangers TV PPV thinking they would generate more revenue that way
Makes sense but surprised BT didn't offer more? Unless they assume Rangers fans are already signed up anyway for the group stages.

If you paid for a month for Premier like I did, you still get the QOS cup game at end of the month so not all bad

Would be surprised if it's as much as that with many people watching together. Interested to know what the number is though.

We shared the home right with Premier Sports last season against Malmo

Very easy to say we will make more ourselves but sometimes it might not the case of the broadcaster not paying enough

Can pubs show RTV games? Is there a way for them to buy public screening rights or will no pubs be showing it?

The guy from the Louden, Ibrox said pubs can buy it from Rangers Commercial. I don't know how many pubs know that or are doing it though.

Would be surprised if it's as much as that with many people watching together. Interested to know what the number is though.
Is he surprised if it’s not at least that because surely it would need to earn more than premier sports were offering to make it worthwhile. Surely premier would be offering about 200k minimum

I know I did. If someone else has it, I'll find a way of getting it or free or using a VPN and buying on RTV.

"This is the way" ;)

edit: anyone know if this set up is the same for the next round and group stages? Doubt it in the group stages but worth an ask.

Is he surprised if it’s not at least that because surely it would need to earn more than premier sports were offering to make it worthwhile. Surely premier would be offering about 200k minimum
No idea what Premier Sports would be offering for a game like this. Would just be surprised if there are 20k people paying for RTV tonight. Suppose from Premier's POV, most of the target audience would have signed up last week for the away leg so not necessarily worth spending too much more to get the home leg when it's the same month anyway.

I know I did. If someone else has it, I'll find a way of getting it or free or using a VPN and buying on RTV.

"This is the way" ;)

edit: anyone know if this set up is the same for the next round and group stages? Doubt it in the group stages but worth an ask.
BT Sport have exclusive rights from CL Play-off round & EL Group Stage whichever one we end up in

BT Sport have exclusive rights from CL Play-off round & EL Group Stage whichever one we end up in
If the worst happens and we get papped out tonight mate, are we seeded for the group stage? Will we be in one of the top 2 pots?

I'd imagine anyone that was going to sign up to Premier sport for the 2nd leg already signed up previously for the first leg, so there's probably not much money in it for PS.

I just have after reading this thread! I would have done the same last week if it was available in the UK.

"This is the way" ;)

Next round and group on BT only.

I couldn’t get the fucking thing on my TV , was on channel right until coverage started then bang , %^*& all , jumped in van , down to local bar that was showing it , horrid game 8 pints down , charge running down asked behind bar to charge it so could call a taxi , gets charged phone is freezing then won’t do anything . Asks lassie behind bar to call me one . Phone won’t let me answer calls from Mrs and daughter, then in middle of me talking to barmaid it answers with them hearing aye we will just get a taxi , instead of just forget that taxi :D.Back in raging in the bad books %^*& Premier .
Sounds like a soap opera..

8 pints. I’d be pissing all over the place. That’s some amount of liquid for your body to cope with in the space of two hours. Mental

• Haha
Reactions: TQ3
The guy from the Louden, Ibrox said pubs can buy it from Rangers Commercial. I don't know how many pubs know that or are doing it though.
The Louden always keep themselves right and pay the right subscription with Rangers. I’d be amazed if many other pubs do the same. Most will either pay for the game as if they are just an ordinary punter, or use ‘other means’ to show the game. It would would be interesting to hear how many people and pubs subscribed.

Smoked the other leg off
5NCsnr2.jpg

There was me thinking I was going to get 5 games for my £15 last week -this round, the next and the QOS game.

Back