Why did Sakala come off?

MB is the manager, he decides who the subs are and when they come on, and also the impact the player may make. Thinking I'll trust MB before a PlayStation championship manager.

He won't shag you mate.

Just joking. But does that mean nobody can ever criticise the manager's decisions?

More to the point why was he replaced by a DM ?
Yeah that was more the question for me. Hagi, Wright or Colak would've made sense but not Kamara. We noticeably fell away after it as well, was it even 5 minutes later they equalised?

Yeah that was more the question for me. Hagi, Wright or Colak would've made sense but not Kamara. We noticeably fell away after it as well, was it even 5 minutes later they equalised?
3 minutes , by which time they also had three corners.

I think it was due to Sakala being on a booking and didn't want to risk going down to 10 men

Whether Sakala was having a good, decent or poor game or not, replacing him with Kamara disrupted the team considerably. It was a rather bizarre swap.

One that may have been understandable had we went down to 10 men but in the context of the game it made no sense.

Whatever the plan was, it didn’t work because we couldn’t get out our own half for 5 minutes afterwards. Should’ve been a like for like sub, dare I say it- if Sakala was to come off then put Wright on

He really wasn’t playing very well and they started to get more possession.

I also think he was brought on to allow for Raskin to get a run out in a tight game

He wasn't playing that well but he was always a threat and that substitution for Kamara changed the balance of the team whilst we were well on top. It was the kind of change you make late on when up against it and wanting to hold on to a lead, but we were playing a pretty poor (at that time) Ross County not Real Madrid.

Last edited:
It probably had something to do with the fact our manager always has to be alert and thinking about how crazy the ref is or how the guys behaving at that time.

Another foul or even bumping into a defender and it could be a 2nd yellow, this is always an issue for the Rangers manager the desperation they have to grab headlines and further their career at the sfa.

I think a bit too much is being made about the call tbh, was a crap performance often happens after a very good one in midweek. Guess he just wanted to clam things down and keep the ball a bit better not much he can do when most of the players involved are nowhere near their best. Lundstram going off minutes into the game obviously didnt help not that its an excuse.

Whether Sakala was having a good, decent or poor game or not, replacing him with Kamara disrupted the team considerably. It was a rather bizarre swap.

One that may have been understandable had we went down to 10 men but in the context of the game it made no sense.
Very strange decision by Beale , almost as strange as his OF subs.

Thought he was pretty ineffective yesterday. He’s not got the close ball control skills to beat people and he wasn’t getting much space to run as well as poor service from midfield.

Thought he was pretty ineffective yesterday. He’s not got the close ball control skills to beat people and he wasn’t getting much space to run as well as poor service from midfield.

He had no room to work in

Look at the pitch heat maps for Sakala, Morelos, Kent, Tillman and Cantwell

All very similar, taking each others space.

Sakala is effective with space to run into, we were crowding him out.

He had no room to work in

Look at the pitch heat maps for Sakala, Morelos, Kent, Tillman and Cantwell

All very similar, taking each others space.

Sakala is effective with space to run into, we were crowding him out.
Doesn’t explain the defensive change though.

Back