Why did Tav get the pen away?

Most of the stupid cvnts on here moaning are the ones wanting him off penalties in the first place.

Welcome the day Tav gets his move and they finally realise what he brings to the team. Spastics.

I’d be disappointed if this hadn’t been discussed before the game. So Tav doesn’t want to take them, who is going to hit them? Morelos? Has he been putting them away in training?

He hasn't been scoring them.
If Alfie scores it gets him up for scoring another.
It gets rid of the Alfie can't score against Celtic.
It increases Alfies value.

Made complete sense. All your asking is for our star striker to score from 12 yards.

That is not the point, whether Morelos scored or not it doesn’t change the fact tav bottled it, really don’t want to join the witch hunt but he should be stripped of the armband

We score that penalty, then we’d have gone on to win IMO.

What grates with me was that collectively, our arses collapsed after the penalty miss.

Sentimentality apparently. Let’s give an important penalty to a guy who couldn’t buy a fkin goal today. And another thing these fkin loser threads about us being the “dominant team” can get tae fk. Like the managers press conference making excuses for the sheep fk up. “Celtic almost got a shock result” yes but they didn’t. Why? Coz they have a team that can pull wins out their arse despite being dominated.

I dont have an issue with him handing the penalty off if he wasnt confident he would score. He gave it to our most in form player and country's top scorer, id have put my mortgage on alfie scoring.

He also shifted responsibility. He’s keen to take ball off everyone to under or over hit free kicks but not step up when it mattered. That’s not a Rangers captain

Because hes a shitebag. He decided to hand the obvious pressure onto someone else.

He is not a Rangers captain.

He wasn't confident in scoring, so it's right to hand it over. Who else was there? Nobody else was asking for it, team of bottlers.

Morelos was never scoring it, I had no confidence at all when I seen him get the ball.

Hindsight is a great thing but why not just smash it down the middle?

Then why did Tav pick up the ball? He bottled it and you have obviously never played football if you don’t know that. Stop making excuses for him.

Ok mr professional player, it was always decided before hand who took pens even in amateur football. Stop looking for a scapegoat!

James Tavernier does not give one %^*& about what was posted on here....re that influencing his decision

You really think so? He went to get the ball and handed it over to Alfie. That tells me one thing and one thing alone, he bottled it. If Alfie was “on them” he would have got the ball himself. Anyone who has taken pens knows that.

Gerrard has previously slated tavernier for handing over a penalty to let someone wrap up a hat trick if I remember right.

There's no way tav would hand it over against the managers wishes in a cup final if it hasn't been pre decided.

People are just angry and looking for people to blame.. And their looking at the wrong people.

Ooft the Tav supporters bus will be along soon to sort this out. He isn't a player for me for let alone captain.

Tav would also have got the blame if he had taken it and missed it. In all honesty I wanted Jack to take and just hammer it

It piled too much pressure on Alfie who was clearly not quite composed enough and snatched chance after chance. But tbh the criticism would be there if Tav had taken and missed it after recent misses.

Create for buff and he will score, no against the one fucking team we need to beat it's beyond repair now he just doesn't start against them for the remainder of the season if we have any plans on winning anything.
Tav handing the penalty was the most easy assist for him to find the net, it was a shite penalty hit by a player who has no belief when facing the mentally challengeds, although should have been a retake as the keeper was way off his line before it was struck.
Beyond gutting the way it all played out.

And if he’d missed?? You lot would have been getting tore in about him. He can’t win.

Personally thought he had a good game today.

C'mon, how many on here were delighted when he handed it to Morelos? I think Tav should have taken it, and was pushing for him to take penalties on the match thread BEFORE kick-off - whilst the majority were plucking names out the air - mainly players with appalling penalty records. Folk mon here aren't slow to lambast Tav - whatever decision he makes.

Scoring a penalty is technically quite easy. The way Morelos took it gives the keeper a 50/50 chance to save it.

Fuckin dreadful penalty that cost us the game, along with the cheating linesman.

Disgraceful this isn’t some diddy game.
Tav would have been fucking crucified had he taken it and missed. Don’t be results orientated and blame Tav here. He missed his last one. Morelos was obviously the new penalty taker. He missed. That’s not Tav’s fault. I’d rather Tav had taken it though.

Just saying what I saw mate. If it was a prearranged decision there was no need to walk up and pass the ball to Morelos. Put more focus and pressure on it. You can’t make decisions like that against them in a cup final.

People moaned about him being the taker and wanted him replaced. Morelos hit a poor one but it was what everyone wanted.

It makes no difference what you think he should or shouldn’t have done. Being Captain of Rangers means getting big decisions right. Tav is getting too many decisions wrong and this was a BIG one.

Tav was never taking the next penalty we got imo.

When Morelos stepped up, you just knew he was missing it

From that point forward, you just knew we weren't going to score after that.

Get a grip,he gave it to morelos to break his duct over the scum.i am one of tabs biggest critics,that showed trust,morelos fucked it.

In fairness to Morelos, i think the ball moved slightly before he struck it.... Sutton said it was wind, but Patrick Moore's son has just called radio clyde to confirm it was actually the increased gravitational pull of the planets aligning behind Fraser Foster's goal, the spawny c*nt.

C'mon, how many on here were delighted when he handed it to Morelos? I think Tav should have taken it, and was pushing for him to take penalties on the match thread BEFORE kick-off - whilst the majority were plucking names out the air - mainly players with appalling penalty records. Folk mon here aren't slow to lambast Tav - whatever decision he makes.

The opinion for weeks on here is that he should let which ever striker is on the pitch take it, a lot of people just do not like Tav

Also worth remembering the penalty taker would have been decided in advance

Back