Why did Tav get the pen away?

For this reason alone, Tav should never ever take another penalty. Let someone else take the responsibility.

If ever there was a time for Tav to go 'i've missed a few, but I'm confident' it was now.

It would have been decided before the game. I said previously Morelos should not be on penalties. Everyone on this board were screaming for him to be taken off penalties and when he hands it over then it’s his fault too. This board is a joke and full of absolute roasters

For those asking why he handed it over, maybe he was trying to be a captain trying to support his team mate before he had to step up.

This is completely not what we should be focusing on today and the least of our concerns.

If he'd taken it and missed I wouldn't have thought any less of him. The same when Ferguson took the first penalty in Florence.

Don't really know what to think at the moment. It's important that the team as a whole is resilient as a result like that puts us in serious danger of collapsing. I am not convinced that the squad is mentally strong enough.

He hasn't been scoring them.
If Alfie scores it gets him up for scoring another.
It gets rid of the Alfie can't score against Celtic.
It increases Alfies value.

Made complete sense. All your asking is for our star striker to score from 12 yards.

Tav should have took it, scored and it would have shut up that prick Mutton.

Tav would have missed it imo.

Penalty aside we should have seen this mob out the door.

Expect a similiar game at the Glitterbowl,

Even if he wasn't confident, he had to step up and take that for me - was a clear sign of weakness.

Has Morelos ever even took a penalty for us?

Because he was taken off them because all the fans did was abuse him the last 2 he missed.

You really think so? He went to get the ball and handed it over to Alfie. That tells me one thing and one thing alone, he bottled it. If Alfie was “on them” he would have got the ball himself. Anyone who has taken pens knows that.

I dont have an issue with him handing the penalty off if he wasnt confident he would score. He gave it to our most in form player and country's top scorer, id have put my mortgage on alfie scoring.

If he had scored it this thread wouldn't exist. Why are so many of our fans moany-faced? We were very unlucky today and celtic were lucky.

It would have been decided long before the game. Saying anything else will just make yourself look stupid. Tavernier was not at fault today. Stick behind the team. It’s not easy, but our day will come.

A stupid decision (in hindsight) borne out of sentiment and emotional rather than clinical professionalism from the Captain. Understand why he'd want to but at 2/3-0 up ... not 0-1.

Score that and we go on to win. Gutting.

He hasn't been scoring them.
If Alfie scores it gets him up for scoring another.
It gets rid of the Alfie can't score against Celtic.
It increases Alfies value.

Made complete sense. All your asking is for our star striker to score from 12 yards.

You really think any of that actually went through his head. He pushed Barassic away from almost every tree kick. He bottled it pure and simple

Tav should really go at this point. A holdover from the powerpuff Warburton era who'd be better off playing in a League 1 team where they aren't expected to win every game. I have zero faith in him, and he a beaten man at this point.

Back