Why did Tav get the pen away?

Some amount of absolute roasters on here made to look stupid after Gerrard confirmed Morelos is the penalty taker.

Tav grabbed the ball, gave it to Morelos and presumably gave him words of encouragement yet the Rangers da's on here are calling him a coward for doing so.

Also funny how it's went from Tav shiting it to Gerrard covering for him. What's next? Fucking bunch of body language experts in the thread as well. Laughable.
Fucking spot on

Tavernier said: “I’m more than confident to step up again.

“I have had a bit of grief from a couple of the lads – mainly from Alfredo because he wants to take one. He jokes saying ‘no more penalties’ for me but he has no chance of taking one!

Tavernier said: “It happened last season when I missed but I was confident to step up for the next one and put it away.

“Even if you had said in the first season that I came, I would have taken that responsibility. I love to take responsibility on anything and I believe in myself. Now I’m captain, I am happy to be in that position from 12 yards.”

Quite the change really...…

As an aside, I do actually think it was given to Morelos on the hoof to try and end the run of not scoring against them which felt like even at the time self indulgent bull shit

I think Barasic should take the pens, hits the best dead ball at the club

Most footballers, amateur or professional can hit a ball from 12 yards into the goal. As good as Barisic is from free kicks, having the bottle to step up to hit a penalty is a different scenario altogether.

I quite believe Alfie was on penalties.

The issue is why was Tav up in the box with the ball handing it to Alfie, that alone looks like he was handing the responsibility

Stupid moment from an actual cluster phuck of a situation all round
According to the reporter from The Athletic he offered words of encouragement to Alfie while handing him the ball.

According to the reporter from The Athletic he offered words of encouragement to Alfie while handing him the ball.
Said at the time I fully believe Tav was being a proper leader, geeing up both Alfie and the support by making a dramatic handing of the ball to the player who has been continually pilloried for not scoring against the scum. Sadly it didn't work out the way it should have, but the same folk who criticise him for 'bottling it' would still be making the same accusations cause it suits their entrenched position.

Tavernier said: “I’m more than confident to step up again.

“I have had a bit of grief from a couple of the lads – mainly from Alfredo because he wants to take one. He jokes saying ‘no more penalties’ for me but he has no chance of taking one!

Tavernier said: “It happened last season when I missed but I was confident to step up for the next one and put it away.

“Even if you had said in the first season that I came, I would have taken that responsibility. I love to take responsibility on anything and I believe in myself. Now I’m captain, I am happy to be in that position from 12 yards.”

Quite the change really...…

As an aside, I do actually think it was given to Morelos on the hoof to try and end the run of not scoring against them which felt like even at the time self indulgent bull shit

I think your opinion which is designed to just back up previous criticism of Tav and the team in general is self indulgent bull shit.

If Morelos wasnt supposed to take that penalty the management team would have been going mental at the time.

The fact they weren't says it all.

He is a coward and never a Rangers captain.... That was final straw today.

Imagine likes of Gough doing that? Sutton called him out and he did nothing to prove him wrong

Listen I'm not taking another ban due to another nugget on here but your fcking out of order calling Our Captain a coward.

Hang your head in shame.

I think your opinion which is designed to just back up previous criticism of Tav and the team in general is self indulgent bull shit.

If Morelos wasnt supposed to take that penalty the management team would have been going mental at the time.

Course they would....

Back