Why do journalists refer to us as light blues ?

From what I remember being told when I was younger was that back in the day we were referred to in games as being light and speedy and it just so happened to stick. We did also play in a light blue jersey. Pretty sure at one stage we also played in a light blue and white hooped jersey

The replies have been interesting. Light and speedy blues seems to be the source of ' light blues ' but with respect , Dubwiser post 47 appears to confirm that since 1875 our colour has been royal blue which is basically what I was referring to in my OP.
Like most supporters, I know some of our history but also like most supporters I don't know all of it, threads like this are very helpful in expanding all our knowledge of our great clubs history.

Certainly over more recent times that’s been more of a manufacturing problem. We’ve had at least five different shades of blue.The top we wore during the helicopter Sunday season was hideous.

I think the darkest we have ever had was the Ray Wilkins 5-1 shirt which was kinda cobalt blue.

In my life time the shirt has defo gone from light blue of the classic 60s v-neck to assorted shades that are far darker.

The replies have been interesting. Light and speedy blues seems to be the source of ' light blues ' but with respect , Dubwiser post 47 appears to confirm that since 1875 our colour has been royal blue which is basically what I was referring to in my OP.
Like most supporters, I know some of our history but also like most supporters I don't know all of it, threads like this are very helpful in expanding all our knowledge of our great clubs history.

No it doesn't. You're choosing to ignore the full content of what has been presented to you.

This is why EVERYBODY should do the Founders Trail at least once, the things you learn about our glorious history are fascinating.

We need a sticky of FAQs.
Unless people like seeing frequent threads like this.
Not everyone can know all the fantastic history of Rangers and it would help spread info among the younger members.

Back