Why do some people go to the games?

The very same! :D

Some of his shouts were unbelievable. He was nearly scrapping with someone a few weeks ago as well.

Is he bald this guy maybe in his 50s? Ignore that just seen u said in his 60s is is a nuisance at one point he was just shouting 19th Century Terrorist bastards randomly.

Cos for 100+ years people have gone to football matches to let off steam.
What about the woman, children, hot dogs and balloons though?
What were temperatures at today? Don't forget the spring petals, just as we thought the snow flakes had gone!
Fun,fun, fun!
FANS-USA-94.jpg

Effing and blinding, various players were “useless lady's front bottom”s.

I can just imagine, face like Morelos on a bad day! Foaming at the mouth, spit flying out as He ROARED at Windass, Fuck sake son, yer a useless Front BOTTOM!:mad:

In my day they would call them useless cunts! Or Basturts.

After the boycott year, I was moved to a stair-side seat in GR3. Guys around me have had their seats for decades. Slyly funny, immensely knowledgeable & passionate as f*ck. Gutted today when John said he might have to move due to mobility/access. Probably means my shouting. Thanks to Bill, the 2 Davies etc.

Is he bald this guy maybe in his 50s? Ignore that just seen u said in his 60s is is a nuisance at one point he was just shouting 19th Century Terrorist bastards randomly.

Guy was wearing a blue jacket, balding with grey hair. Could be late 50s or 60s. Pain in the arse anyway.

Must've called Naismith a scab about 200 times.

If it's the same guy he kept shouting papish bastards at random players. Loony.

Guy was wearing a blue jacket, balding with grey hair. Could be late 50s or 60s. Pain in the arse anyway.

Must've called Naismith a scab about 200 times.

If it's the same guy he kept shouting papish bastards at random players. Loony.

Yep that's him blue jacket glasses he is about 50 I reckon he is a screwball

Older guy (60s probably) sat a couple of rows in front of me in CF1. From the first whistle all he did was shout dogs abuse at the players. No encouragement, just constant abuse. He was blue in the face shouting at Naismith as well. Shouting and bawling at the linesman about an offside decision (it was offside) telling the lino he doesn't know the rules etc.

Anyway, we go 2-0 up and he gets up and leaves.

Struggling to see why someone like that bothers going to Ibrox? He sits through the dullest part of the game getting angrier and angrier - then when we finally look half decent and start playing well, he chucks it?

Was he giving dogs abuse to Tav and he shouted something back? Some tit in the Copland was screaming abuse at him and seemed really noticeable today.

Every team has them, I reckon. Bournemouth only holds 11k and I think about 30% are these roasters, their mum could have scored every missed chance, their granny could pass the ball better and their two year old grandson would have saved that. 35 mins into the first half v Utd the other night and some are off to the kiosks. Like the OP said why do they go?

Two old guys behind me in the Club Deck used to give Amaruso and George Alberts dogs abuse .........their favourite saying was"couldn't pass a plate of cakes" .........they were dead posh,........but hadn't a clue about football. At the end of one game I turned round and was set for a square go.........but they were off quicker than a couple of greyhounds...........never saw them again!!!!

When you have 50,000 people in one place, you're going to get a wide variety, including roasters.
Indeed.

Some of the biggest fucktards I have ever heard or had the misfortune to meet support the same team as me.

Fellow bears yes...but that’s all I have in common with them.

I'm in SE4 now which is free of these type of "fans", thankfully.

I used to sit on the West Enclosure, I'll always remember a guy who used to constantly give abuse to Kyle Bartley every single game. He was being played out of position at right back, right infront of us for half the game and this guy never shut up. Everything he did was wrong, even if it was a misplaced pass to him it was his fault. Any time I challenged him he just ignored me and continued on his rants. He sat next to his Mrs as well, she must have been mortified but never seemed bothered.

I'm sure there's at least one in every section. Been that way for as long as I can remember, even when we were awesome under Advocaat.
Scottish people moaning about something. Who’da thunk?

Actually a thread moaning about people moaning?!

Only joking but after all we have been through, fans are just desperate for success and for us to get back to where we were.

Even still, it will then be the pies, the queues for the pies, etc.

I've had season tickets in 3 different sections since I was 16 and every section has had their own greetin face bassa.

In GF1 during the last McLeish season it regularly turned nasty with bears around. This guy was so bad that he spent an entire game ripping into Steven Thompson. Thompson eventually scored and his response - "aye well in Thomspon ya f*nny, it I prefer men huv to be you that scored."

My current seat, the section big mouth is a bit more comical with it. 1-1 Kilmarnock game, despite Pedro being in the stands and us winning (at that moment), Barjonas comes on for Morelos and he shouts "that'll be the last substitution you ever make Caixinha ya w@nk." Sure enough, Pedro never made another sub. When he shouted the same to Murty the other week I was sure he was a goner the next day. :D

This is far from a new phenomenon. The abuse wee Tam McLean used to get was unreal...even after he'd set DJ up for his usual goal.

We have a huge number of torn-faced cunts in our fan base.

This is far from a new phenomenon. The abuse wee Tam McLean used to get was unreal...even after he'd set DJ up for his usual goal.

So do every other football team, but if you listen to the majority on this thread ours are all over 50 years old.

Some guy sitting behind me GE1 shouted man on to Tav when the guy was literally 5 yards in FRONT of Tav .
Made me chuckle

Two old guys behind me in the Club Deck used to give Amaruso and George Alberts dogs abuse .........their favourite saying was"couldn't pass a plate of cakes" .........they were dead posh,........but hadn't a clue about football. At the end of one game I turned round and was set for a square go.........but they were off quicker than a couple of greyhounds...........never saw them again!!!!

Come on, weemaz...

These people have sad lifes and use the players at Ibrox as people to vent at because no one else cares about what they have to say an they know the players cant do anything

There’s a guy in my row who goes for a pish on average 4 times a game

you could be talking about me here, i probably average 4 a game but that includes one just before kick off and one at half time. One of the main problems with spending an hour or two in the boozer pre-match. Luckily i dont sit near the middle of a row

Remember being in the club deck hospitality about 15 years ago. I was giving Eck pelters and the guy beside me who did not understand the concept of going to Ibrox asked me if I thought he could hear me from up here. It's called being at the fitba.

Sadly Ibrox is becoming full of folk like this, partly why I gave up my ST two years ago to be honest, I just wasn't enjoying it anymore having to sit around folk who were only concerned with shouting and bawling at our own players.

It's also why I think our home form has become so rank, the atmosphere inside Ibrox can become toxic at times and can't be enjoyable to play in, away players can sense that and exploit it.

Finally, most football fans (not just bears) don't really have a clue about football in general so shouting and bravado is all part of their 'enjoyment'.

I have never seen you post anything in support of Rangers. I wonder why?

Re the OP, every section of every football stadium in the world has the moaners. The guy in front of us really takes the biscuit and complains constantly about the 22 players on the park and the 3 officials. He also has an unexplainably huge hatred for Big Kyle.... when Lafferty's anywhere near the ball he shoots at the top of his voice 'not that gypsy cúnt' .... we all have a wee chuckle at that.

You either get they angry folk or the wee guys talking pish to their pals about anything else other than the game. Some gems from Sunday "What time did you leave the party last night?" "Where's so and so the day?" "Av got a dug noo did a tell yees?"

Wrap it Isa ya gobshite o_O

Older guy (60s probably) sat a couple of rows in front of me in CF1. From the first whistle all he did was shout dogs abuse at the players. No encouragement, just constant abuse. He was blue in the face shouting at Naismith as well. Shouting and bawling at the linesman about an offside decision (it was offside) telling the lino he doesn't know the rules etc.

Struggling to see why someone like that bothers going to Ibrox? He sits through the dullest part of the game getting angrier and angrier - then when we finally look half decent and start playing well, he chucks it?
Prob want to get home to his computer asap to tell everybody on here how shyte Rangers players are

Maybe he goes for opposite reasons to most. Poor football, and negative reaction is what sustains him! Old dogs like that aint going to change.

70% of the posters in this thread would never have survived the old days when a can of pish was poured over the back of your legs.
Lighten up FFS.:D

Used to have my ST in GF3, there was this old guy that used to come out with "get you to f*ck (insert player surname name here)" every time someone made a mistake.

Only thing was he couldn't pronounce Khizanishvili and would almost have a stroke trying to get his name out all in the same breath. Absolutely bonkers.

Aye and about the same on this thread who, despite the haters out There, would rather castigate their own, I first went to Ibrox as an adult in 1953, and seldom have I seen or heard of some of the type of fans described in these posts.

Maybe he goes for opposite reasons to most. Poor football, and negative reaction is what sustains him! Old dogs like that aint going to change.

He'd be as well going to watch the juniors. Plenty of shite football on display at a fraction of the price.

A lot of it tends to be bravado as they hurl some utter nonsense then look around to get eye contact with someone who may share the views.

That and the whole 'disagreement, hawd me back before apologies and cuddles' routine is a fuckin joke.

Not excusing it but the older guys grew up with the great teams and maybe took that for granted.
Aye right - I grew up under their 9 in a row era - I also went to games in the early 80s when we struggled to get a top 4 finish when Greig was manager and ally Dawson was captain and bobby Williamson was our centre forward- not what I would call great teams but they were still my team

When I sat in CF there was a guy behind me who came in just before kick off,sat down and shouted "Settle down Rangers and get fucked right into them"
This I fully agree with - more of a statement than a moan

I have never seen you post anything in support of Rangers. I wonder why?

Re the OP, every section of every football stadium in the world has the moaners. The guy in front of us really takes the biscuit and complains constantly about the 22 players on the park and the 3 officials. He also has an unexplainably huge hatred for Big Kyle.... when Lafferty's anywhere near the ball he shoots at the top of his voice 'not that gypsy cúnt' .... we all have a wee chuckle at that.

Everyone shouts at some point and mostly out of frustration but also to relief stress. It’s the fitba.

FFS when I was a boy I had to wear a hard hat, duly painted, as bears weren’t just vocal they threw their empty screw tops. Bears weren’t the only ones all supports were the same.

I Vent at a particular player, JW, as I have it in my head he is nowhere near as good to play for the Rangers. So every time he makes a mistake I am vocal.

Oh and another thing I sit at an aisle seat so I can go for a pish anytime I want as getting old comes with its problems. Gone are the days I go for a bevvy before games and if I do have a drink it’s at the end.

We’re all human and we all have faults but what we do have in abundance is Love for The Rangers

WATP

A lot of people just go to games out of habit now I think. They've been doing it for decades. Probably lost a love for the game and experience of being inside Ibrox a long time ago. Familiarity breeds contempt and all that. You can also spot the guys that go just to not be at home for a bit a mile off. Was two old guys who used sit behind me would spend the whole game talking about all the people that died during the week.

you could be talking about me here, i probably average 4 a game but that includes one just before kick off and one at half time. One of the main problems with spending an hour or two in the boozer pre-match. Luckily i dont sit near the middle of a row
Nope this is twice per half and slap bang in middle of row

Everyone shouts at some point and mostly out of frustration but also to relief stress. It’s the fitba.

FFS when I was a boy I had to wear a hard hat, duly painted, as bears weren’t just vocal they threw their empty screw tops. Bears weren’t the only ones all supports were the same.

I Vent at a particular player, JW, as I have it in my head he is nowhere near as good to play for the Rangers. So every time he makes a mistake I am vocal.

Oh and another thing I sit at an aisle seat so I can go for a pish anytime I want as getting old comes with its problems. Gone are the days I go for a bevvy before games and if I do have a drink it’s at the end.

We’re all human and we all have faults but what we do have in abundance is Love for The Rangers

WATP

Why? What does that achieve other than annoying the folk sitting near you.

Had one idiot yesterday trying to justify his booing Andy Halliday when he came on yesterday.

Lower than a fùcking mentally challenged acting like that.

Why? What does that achieve other than annoying the folk sitting near you.
A good few of them are shouting at someone else.

If it annoys someone I’m sure they will speak up.

Not all supporters don’t like shouting, singing or clapping.

As I said it’s the fitba FFS

I don't mind people shouting too much. It's booing I hate.

As got people going to vent, no problem with that. I go for piece and quiet!

Cathartic

They deserve pelters for ripping the arse out of fans last week and Naismith is a lady's front bottom.

I find something a bit weird about people who don't vent frustration at games, you are sort of meant to - being at live sport is really emptove its part of why its so good.

Think you get that almost everywhere at Ibrox. Boy who sits next to me in the main stand is a border line psychopath at times. Normally goes with an older guy but when he’s not there he talks to himself throughout the game and absloutley loses his shit when we go a goal down. One game last year can’t remeber who it was against but we where getting beat and he had been going mental all game then shouted “WE DO NOT DESERVE TO BE HERE” the older guy always picks one player and just gives him dogs abuse full game. Last season it was McKay this season been Morelos doesn’t matter what the score is could be up 3-0 and he will still shout shit at them.

Back