Why do we keep lowering ourselves?

BigBlueBruin

I've noticed a lot of Bears getting involved in the petty crap that that those mentally challengeds would. The inane tit for tat and point scoring over some ridiculous things. The digs about the state of the piggery is the latest in this mindset.

It's beginning to make us seem as petty minded and bitter as that mob.

But that's not our way.

Remember that we're Rangers FC and that means something far more important.

Balls to the "can't beat them, join them" mentality. We should never join them. Stick to our principles and our ethos and remain true to our foundations as a club who are classier and steeped in loyalty, stoicism and principles.

That's why we're better than them and why we always will be.

Rise above it and they'll soon know their place again.

Rangers are the countries premier club. Their is a aura of eliteness around the club. I try and concentrate on my own club but sometimes it’s hard to have that dignified silence. Even when I’m debating with some of there more educated ones I feel like I’m banging my head of the wall. This is a club that’s been down trodden by those who couldn’t win on the park so they tried to do there deeds off the park. They know we’re coming, they are sensing it that’s why they’re kicking out now with all the underhand stuff they’re doing.

Here this
Tick tock tick tock tick tock
That’s clock ticking out your day.

I've noticed a lot of Bears getting involved in the petty crap that that those mentally challengeds would. The inane tit for tat and point scoring over some ridiculous things. The digs about the state of the piggery is the latest in this mindset.

But that's not our way.

Balls to the "can't beat them, join them" mentality. We should never join them. Stick to our principles and our ethos and remain true to our foundations as a club who are classier and steeped in loyalty, stoicism and principles.

Ah so you mean, turn a blind eye, sit on my arse, do nothing, don't get involved, say nothing.

Look how well that's turned out for us so far!

Ah so you mean, turn a blind eye, sit on my arse, do nothing, don't get involved, say nothing.

Look how well that's turned out for us so far!
Not at all, fella.

Where there is fault, we also have a duty as Scotland's premier club to point that out. We expect the best and we demand respect. That's all well and good. I have no problem with calling out disrespect or injustices or wrongdoing.

But there are times when it's better - or more befitting our ethos - to remain tight-lipped and merely observe.

We are a club that has never been reactionary before. We have lead; we have welcomed the chase; we have demonstrated the way.

We shouldn't be stumbling behind and nagging about insignificant things - it belittles ourselves.

But - absolutely - I'll support you in us rooting out things we can't and won't accept. This isn't in reference to how we deal with things in house, this is how we are dealing with things when it comes to the mob.

They are beneath us, and we need to stop lowering ourselves to their level.

We are better than that. Far better.

The best in the world when it comes to ethos, values and standards. We are a gentleman’s club and our traditions are second to none.

I’m all for the club fighting back in a dignified manner through lawyers and the courts and send the message out that we will not stand by and let you blacken then name of this great institution.

let me tell you why,, if you are up against sewer rats, then you have to get into the sewer to take them on, ,these c@nts need taking on at every opportunity, and good on any bears who get in amongst these vermin

Let them have the sewer. We can have the streets above.

Dignified silence then?

Sounds good. What could possibly go wrong?

Indeed.

Times have changed. We now live in a social media world. If we just let them deluge the internet with lies and propaganda, unchallenged, some of the mud will stick.

It may not be gentlemanly, but we should now get right down into the muck and fight them by any means at all

But that's not our way.

Sorry mate but that's a load of nonsense in this day and age..
We are where we are in the propaganda stakes due to our 'dignified silence' mantra in days gone by.

Said the same on that thread, seems we have some decent Structural Engineers in our support.

The attitude now is if you cant beat them, join them, probably stated by the same who laughed at their antics over the years.

Not at all, fella.

Where there is fault, we also have a duty as Scotland's premier club to point that out. We expect the best and we demand respect. That's all well and good. I have no problem with calling out disrespect or injustices or wrongdoing.

But there are times when it's better - or more befitting our ethos - to remain tight-lipped and merely observe.

We are a club that has never been reactionary before. We have lead; we have welcomed the chase; we have demonstrated the way.

We shouldn't be stumbling behind and nagging about insignificant things - it belittles ourselves.

But - absolutely - I'll support you in us rooting out things we can't and won't accept. This isn't in reference to how we deal with things in house, this is how we are dealing with things when it comes to the mob.

I thought exactly the same as you since I was old enough, right up until about 2010.
You are indeed harking back to a different time, when there was respect, dignity etc.
Those days are gone. long gone. With the advent of social media and all the complete BS it brings, the old ways cannot and must not continue.
The gloves should be well and truly off. Scotlands premier club? Dont make me laugh. We are treated as complete vermin right across the country. I would love it if we could stick to the principles and rules instilled by the founders and Struth, but the fact is , society does not work that way now, and they will get us nowhere.

Every lie, fabrication, exaggeration needs taken on, defeated. if fans want to point out the flaws of other clubs/stadiums etc and try to get it highlighted, then good for them. We cannot, must not allow the one way traffic of negative publicity.

The rangers 'brand' has undoubtedly been damaged by this total war waged by our enemies. Look at the level of sponsorship we are attracting. Pitiful. I dont just mean the kit deal.

is the safety of rangers fans at their ground really insignificant?
We no longer lead the way on any front,(bar trophies) time we stopped deluding ourselves.

Fight fire with fire as james hetfield would roar.

Complaining about H&E issues is surely not "tit for tat". It comes from a deep seated concern for our fellow man. Some used to complain about blocked fire escapes in Sports Direct and trip hazzards on the floor for the same reason.

He is not wrong but.
Yes he is, maybe many years ago the dignified silence was our way, but we now live in a multi-social media society and we now have a poor kind of Journalist & Politician that are falling over themselves to put the boot into us, the saying nothing days are gone we must fight fire with fire.

Not at all, fella.

We merely observed while they chopped down a tree. Carved a coffin took it and us to a big hole in the middle of a forest far removed from our home at the centre of Scottish football City. Chucked us in the coffin chucked it down the hole. We watched them return with a hammer and nails and only when they went to hammer the lid shut to we think to get up and shout.
Hold on a fucking minute.

Now we have fought ourselves free and started to get back to our street if not back into our home as the champions.

You want to sit and watch while they slowly drag us back out to the woods?

In an age of social media etc, the dignified silence stance makes you appear weak. What was wrong in pointing out glaring building work problems?
I'm tired of my club simply keeping quiet and taking all that's thrown at them.

Not at all, fella.

I genuinely couldn’t agree more with this post and the your first post at the start of this thread.

Well said.

let me tell you why,, if you are up against sewer rats, then you have to get into the sewer to take them on, ,these c@nts need taking on at every opportunity, and good on any bears who get in amongst these vermin

Here feckin here, the best post I've ever read on FF.

The Bheasts and their allies in all walks of life need to be tackled head-on, the dignified silence approach is a proven failure and is now the mantra of the coward (sorry to be so harsh on other Bears but the fight has begun and we need to be up for it or (continue to) suffer the consequences).

Not at all, fella.

The thing is for me, I've been a bear for near 40 years and lived through the dignified silence and all it begat us, well I've had enough of their lies/deceit/underhand tricks and thats before you even start on the most shocking peadophilia to ever be carried out in this country that they have buried and went unpunished for.

Time to get our hands dirty and take the fight to them.

Absolute horse shit.
If they have even the tiniest bit of negativity in a story about them I’ll be in about it like Tims at a food bank.

As an example.........An official fucking letter from their club telling them they are guffing and you want us to haud our wheesht?

Aye! So ah fucking will.

The Peasants, via their mhedia and politicians, have waged an endless smear campaign to demonise and marginalise our club and support at every opportune moment. They are relentless. I find it difficult that Bears don't realise and recognise the culture war they are being targeted within. Its time we woke up.

The online world of social media platforms can rightly be regarded as sewers and sewers are were rats dwell so it makes perfect sense these platforms are absolutely riddled with the obsessed mhanky mob who I’m sure many of them see themselves as being part of an online army but it’s pathetic behaviour and the fact our fans aren’t matching up to these filth in any way near the same amount of numbers to counter their crap is commendable IMO and shows a stark difference in mentality between us and them...they really do HATE all things Rangers more than they love their own club.

Regards to fighting back, I believe it is the responsibility of the Rangers board to have an effective strategy in place to deal with the most important/vicious stuff we are subject to in this poisonous shithole, moonhowlers are going to howl and spend their days and nights spouting their pish on every platform going but they aren’t making a blind bit of difference....those they wish to influence can see right through them for being the sad demented obsessed ladies front bottoms that they are so it’s worth keeping that in mind.

In an age of social media etc, the dignified silence stance makes you appear weak. What was wrong in pointing out glaring building work problems?
I'm tired of my club simply keeping quiet and taking all that's thrown at them.

You didn’t seriously want and expect Rangers to comment on the state of Torbett Towers?

You didn’t seriously want and expect Rangers to comment on the state of Torbett Towers?
Have you missed the point? It was a rangers fan who took the pictures of the state of the place. Why would I expect Rangers to comment on their stadium? The pictures are on another thread, that's one of the points the op was referring to.

The thing is for me, I've been a bear for near 40 years and lived through the dignified silence and all it begat us, well I've had enough of their lies/deceit/underhand tricks and thats before you even start on the most shocking peadophilia to ever be carried out in this country that they have buried and went unpunished for.

Time to get our hands dirty and take the fight to them.
I'm willing to admit I've been convinced by many bears here and can see why we're fighting fore with fire. I'd still prefer the gentlemanly and more dignified way, but I don't want the bheasts to drag us through the mud.

Back