Why do we not use our subs?

Rangers_2001

Official Ticketer
As per the title, it seems like we rarely use all three subs when we are chasing a game. Why is that? Is is because the players who are on the bench won't change the game? Surely there's no point in having someone on the bench if there's no intention to use them (sub keeper and maybe a youngster aside)?

Maybe a small thing but it's something I've wondered about a few times this season.

Baron as was on the bench yesterday. Not for one second suggesting he's a world beater or game changer, however it was plain to see the midfield needed sured up and to try see the game out. I can see it.... Murty can't?? Come on tae f***.

Because at no point in any game will Herrera be an improvement on Morelos, Nemane be an improvement on Candeias etc. Our bench is absolute shite to the point where the knackered players on the park are still a better option.

There is no point in giving your one change 8 minutes. To effect a game they need a minimum of 20 minutes and if like us yesterday we are getting a doing you make changes sooner.

At 1-0 yesterday bring on barjonas for Hodson and Pena for Candeias and go back to the diamond and I firmly believe we win that game.

Murty was just hoping for the best.

No game management at all, that game could have been won by us.

The starting line up was flawed with 6 defenders playing.

The manager alluded to this in his interview after the game, he said he contemplated making a change but thought we had ridden out the pressure. 2 goals later too late.

Its the managers decision i noticed it at Murrayfield when we were winning bu some players were running on empty then he waited till about 82nd minuate to change it.

It was backs to the wall stuff for a long spell against Killie, with shots raining down on goal. The game was screaming out for a change. The manager did zilch. The rest is history.

Murty it seems to me is clueless in tactics, has no idea in how to change a game, he pick 11 players and if he gets it wrong he's loathe to change them untill the last few minutes by then it's too late.

Yet to see him actually get involved in a game, barking out orders encouraging the players he seems comatose at times with little emotion.

Cardosa on and 3 at the back with John back one was a stick on not hindsight
Wind Fukien as was doing nothing as was The candy Fukien man.give us break for god sake.

You have to plan b when using subs. Murty like Warburton doesn’t have a plan b. At least he had a plan A though which was more than Pedro had,

Because Murty is clueless. He wont make the required changes when we are losing and also when we are comfortably in front he wont give guys a deserved run out from the bench

I honestly don't understand why we bring Herrera on for less than 10 minutes all the time. Either give him at least 20-25 or don't bother.

The fact that Pena wasn't brought on is a disgrace though.

This is it unfortunately, Murty doesn't have a clue how to change things.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you but there are no potential game changers or character players on the bench.
We’re in a very depressing situation now.
The Pedro fiasco is really starting to bite in right now. He should have been fired after the European debacle although even at that stage he had just about blew the kitty, so to speak.

Back