Why don't players get booked against us?

TN8

First off, I think Madden got every decision right in terms of what was a foul, free kick, penalty etc.

But time and time again this season opposition teams and players have got away with multiple fouls without a yellow card. To the point where we've now had 3 long term injuries (Cardoso, Dorrans, Jack) because referees don't reign in the thuggery and opponents who should already be on a yellow know they can get away with one.

I'd like our manager and players to start pointing this out, particularly in the run up to Hivs as they got away with f*cking murder last time they were at Ibrox.

It's against the SFA rules. Opposition allowed 5 - 6 free kick outs, shoves, GBH type tackles with at most a wee word from the ref. However, first Rangers player to commit a foul = booking or, if called Jack, is sent off. Just how it is under the Celtic controlled Scottish football ways.

If we try to speak out about it, we get told these things even out over the season. No they don't.

OP is correct but it's been happening for a few years now. Opposition players get a few 'last chances' then invariably commit a foul when we are through and it's deemed a yellow.... but if said opponent was booked previously, then arguably the second foul doesn't happen.

Up to the Board to present this to the refs behind closed doors.

Neil McCann was complaining of this last night - specifically John McGinn - who always seems to be allowed multiple fouls before a yellow card then rarely gets punished further.

Behind closed doors nothing, We should be highlighting this in pre match press conferences, asking why our players are judged to a different standard by referees.
Like him or loathe him Pedro done it and was castigated by all and sundry.

I don't go big on the conspiracy theory but we are definitely referred differently be it subconsciously or whatever.

You just know opposition teams will get free kicks at our players and the first time one of our players steps out of line there is a clamour to yellow card him ,or worse, send him off.

It might sound to others like a fan seeing it his own way but the evidence this season would suggest it's a good bit more than that.

The old boxing adage springs to mind, we are having to knock teams out to get a draw at times.

Behind closed doors nothing, We should be highlighting this in pre match press conferences, asking why our players are judged to a different standard by referees.
I sais exactly this in another thread. Its the 'Weapons of Mass Destruction' approach. Keep repeating the message over and over and eventually public opinion is swayed - only in this case its actually true !!!!

Like him or loathe him Pedro done it and was castigated by all and sundry.

I don't go big on the conspiracy theory but we are definitely referred differently be it subconsciously or whatever.

You just know opposition teams will get free kicks at our players and the first time one of our players steps out of line there is a clamour to yellow card him ,or worse, send him off.

It might sound to others like a fan seeing it his own way but the evidence this season would suggest it's a good bit more than that.

The old boxing adage springs to mind, we are having to knock teams out to get a draw at times.
100% agree . Particularly evident when we are breaking from midfield. They got 4 or 5 fouls to our none.

100% correct, the time is long overdue when we as a club come out and tell them enough is enough.
I don't think this happens to any other club anywhere.

I remember Maddens 1st game he reffed against us, up at Stirling and done the same.
All game they clattered us and even never punished a tackle that was waist high on Black which should have been a straight red.

The referees clearly have a problem with Rangers and find it near impossible to remain unbiased. If we had a responsible governing body in the SFA they'd have hauled the refs in and asked them what the f*ck they think they are playing at. However, since we have the most unprofessional governing body in football history that isn't likely to happen - mainly because they hate us even more than the refs. It's pathetic, unprofessional and scummy behaviour but we need to live with. Our club certainly won't do anything about it and it won't matter how bad it gets.

At that hibs match at Ibrox, I'm sure that Stonehenge teeth told stokes just to go for our players hell for leather right from the off because he knew he wouldn't get carded no matter what he done. He was right.

It's against the SFA rules. Opposition allowed 5 - 6 free kick outs, shoves, GBH type tackles with at most a wee word from the ref. However, first Rangers player to commit a foul = booking or, if called Jack, is sent off. Just how it is under the Celtic controlled Scottish football ways.

If we try to speak out about it, we get told these things even out over the season. No they don't.

But we don't even speak out about it.

I think it was the double header at Firhill a couple of months ago. . Their big, bearded centre has a lunge at one of our defenders in our box early doors. It's a booking all day long and he gets away with it. . This is the norm.

Now I don't give a toss what anyone else thinks, we should be highlighting incidents like these at every opportunity, in the after match interviews for instance. We should be chasing up the compliance officer after what seems like every bloody game.

Until we put these cheating, corrupt scum in black under the same scrutiny and pressure as everyone else then we're going to be complaining about this stuff to no avail forever.

It looks like another open goal missed with the midden's performance last night.. The time to complain is after you win.

I blame the compliance officer and all his interference in matches. Get rid of him and there be a marked improvement from the officials.

How the foul by Shay Logan last night on Jamie Murphy was not worthy of a yellow card is frankly unbelievable.

Firstly, it was a bad tackle that was basically a very late lunge as Murphy totally skinned him. Secondly, Logan knew what he was doing as Aberdeen were caught out of position and Murphy had free reign to run into the box.

It should have been a yellow on two counts, not just one.

Because despite the multiple injustices visited upon our club, despite the clear media anti-Rangers agenda, despite all the statistical evidence to the contrary...every referee takes a Rangers game determined to prove that he does not treat us 'favourably.'

I think the crowd gets into a mass hysteria situation. I thought Madden was ok last night, perhaps tell Shinnie in the 1St half the next Aberdeen player who fouled was going to get booked.

I appreciate rules have changed in terms of goalie last man so yellow fair enough for the pen but could of seen red, last man tackle earlier was a clear sending off and the ref bottled it!

I said on another thread last night, the tackle on Holt was a textbook yellow card in every single other footballing league in the world. Breaking into their half through the centre of the park with the ball at his feet, and stopped in his tracks with a grab of the shirt from behind.

It was the most easiest booking in the referees career, I want to know why he deemed it not worthy of a booking.

Stat from last night - Us - 5 fouls, Sheep 17. Just so frustrating watching them continually get away with repeated fouls and minimal bookings.

We've had a horrific amount of players hospitalised this season - without sanction - be ausebopposition players know that match officials give them numerous free hits on Rangers players.

They also invent fictitious incidents, resulting in our players getting yellows & reds at an alarming rate.

There is absolutely no question that this phenomenon is a real thing.

We saw it again last night. Numerous occasions when we were breaking quickly from midfield or defence, our players get hauled down and fouled. Had one of our players done that, we always get booked. Of course, last night, the Sheep players didn't. It's always late in the game when the match is already decided that the sneak referees decide to try and even up the bookings for appearances, with meaningless bookings that mean nothing and that don't affect the opposition game.

I used to think people who spoke of refereeing bias were just biased themselves. Now, I am absolutely convinced that there is a tim contingent of refs who deliberately seek to handicap us and another contingent of referees who are shit scared of their tim bosses in the SFA

I also can't u der stand why their goalie didn't be get at least a yellow last night.

Personally I think he should have walked - no pun intended.

It really is time the club highlighted and continually highlight it when it happens. It means the MSM etc can’t avoid visiting the issue. It’s blatant. Always find aswell once an opposition player is booked against us he commits another 3 fouls without punishment. First Rangers player to make a challenge is an instant bookable offence.

Because “its a mans game”

If you watch other Scottish matches(and believe me I dont recommend it) you will see that it does happen elsewhere.
Thuggery, clumsiness and overtly physical behaviour is generally permitted in this country.

It has been said by other managers, players and people commenting on our game. As above, McCann only last night is the latest to raise it.

Until we start to change the culture of our game we will be perennially shite and have only the basic skills.
Change this aspect of our national sport from top to bottom and eventually we will have football worth watching and we will have more to offer.

Never again will we have to hear the most depressing fucking phrase in Scottish football:

“He’s too wee”

Funny enough the referees that seem to let teams away with murder (more so than other refs) are Madden and Beaton - the ones that are supposed Rangers men.

Players are getting away with murder, last night was another shambles and our players are also being seriously injured.

The club should be citing how many players we have out through injury as a result of fouls and the ratio of bookings made against such injuries. This should be compared to other teams and the difference will likely be significant.

Because the unwashed have them shit scared to give Rangers an even break as they know they will be hounded out of football

I honestly find it hard to believe refs are acting in a biased manner towards us - that they're seeing tackles going in and thinking "That should be a yellow card but it's against Rangers so I'll let it go." It just doesn't seem credible. Is every ref in Scotland against us? Come on, surely not. Paranoid nonsense.

However, the evidence does seem to suggest that that unlikely scenario is true!

I honestly find it hard to believe refs are acting in a biased manner towards us - that they're seeing tackles going in and thinking "That should be a yellow card but it's against Rangers so I'll let it go." It just doesn't seem credible. Is every ref in Scotland against us? Come on, surely not. Paranoid nonsense.

However, the evidence does seem to suggest that that unlikely scenario is true!
So what are you saying? :Do_O

I also can't u der stand why their goalie didn't be get at least a yellow last night.

Personally I think he should have walked - no pun intended.
There is nowt wrong with him it was announced today he is ok I think they knew that and did not want him sent off hence the carrying off.

100% agree . Particularly evident when we are breaking from midfield. They got 4 or 5 fouls to our none.

You just have to check the game statistics, they committed something like 17 fouls against our 5, and that doesn't include their pass backs that Madden somehow managed not to see!:mad:

W.A.T.P.

The referees in this country are just very very poor

No, I think it goes worse than poor.

Because of media trolling/outrage at any pro Rangers decision and/or against sellik decision, the referees in this country are compromised in how they come to their outlook.

That makes them cheats. Corrupt, cheating scum.

Then why are they not "very very poor" the other way?, guaranteed if those tackles last night were committed by us the yellow cards would have been flowing!

Yet other teams fans will tell you we get all the decisions.
Very rarely will I ever accuse a referee of being a cheat. I just don’t buy it. Beaton is the closest I’ve come to that

First off, I think Madden got every decision right in terms of what was a foul, free kick, penalty etc.

But time and time again this season opposition teams and players have got away with multiple fouls without a yellow card. To the point where we've now had 3 long term injuries (Cardoso, Dorrans, Jack) because referees don't reign in the thuggery and opponents who should already be on a yellow know they can get away with one.

I'd like our manager and players to start pointing this out, particularly in the run up to Hivs as they got away with f*cking murder last time they were at Ibrox.

What are you thinking about, surely you know Liewells stooges only do what their employed to do, and look after the Scum from getting our players sent off, too serious injury, too gifting the Scum non existing penalties, then there is the time added on till the Scum Win!

Andy little was on Rangers tv last night said that ref should have booked more Aberdeen players

That's what the yahoos done for years, (even causing a refs strike) and it worked out perfectly for them. We should be doing the exact same now.

Back