Why is Gilmour not in the Scotland squad?

In all seriousness how long do you think they will support Clarke in the role, it is fecking embarrassing looking in from afar, the SFA simply put, are Not Fit For Purpose.....

Nah, not for me. Let the laddie grow. He doesn’t need the pressure of a nation thrust upon him before he even breaks through at Chelsea.

It's not just the pressure of Rangers hating scum he'll feel the pressure from, it is being taught bad habits by a dud coach.

For the boy's sake, he should be left well alone from the train wreck, let alone allowed on board the Stevie Clarke Express.

5 years down south and he’ll be declaring himself an English citizen

he doesn’t have the requisite 5 years schooling in England so unless he has An English parent or grandparent he won’t eligible.

Not the biggest Scotland fan in the world however i've a question regards the national side.

Keep reading and hearing the press this young lad is getting and how good he is and is going to be. He is now 18 years old so why is he not in the squad now to build the team around him going forward?
There are many talented Scottish 18-21 year olds nowadays. For me half the squad should be made up of these boys, not some of the tried and tested dross and perennial losers that keep appearing. We're really at the lowest level with the Andorra's and the Gibraltar's and so ideal time to throw in the talented boys as now the expectations of the national team are lower than a snakes bawsack.

Till the sfa is changed from top to bottom,there will be no future for any young talent coming through or any talent for that matter.
I really believe that the best thing to happen for the Scotland international team,would be a draw or defeat against San Marino,but that wont happen,so now we have our so called pundits still wanting to go with the same to try and get momentum going for the nations league play offs.
That wont happen and will only delay the inevitable when they get knocked out of the euros.
That piece by Marc Quidi,really shows the level of burying heads in the sand that has lead to this sorry state.

But the boy’s a midfielder?

Was a half-gassed general statement...

But on topic, the midfield isn't the worst of Scotlands worries, Gilmour can wait a few years.

The GK, back four and strike force are what's utterly anonymous and faceless I read Scotlands defense and think, who....? Apart from Robertson, the rest are faceless.

And he played last night and wasn't even the revelation of the first half. He's not ready for international football and we have players in that position who are actually playing in the premiership at a relatively young age - mctominay and mcginn. And you just need to look at the pelters mctominay gets on here for not being Pele to see the pressure gilmour would be put under. There was the same hype around fleck then as gilmour now and it's taken fleck to age 31 to get his first cap. If Gilmour emerges as a Chelsea player this year or more likely a loan star next year, then he comes into consideration. Where's Josh mceachran these days, Chelsea's last great midfield youth talent?
Flecks just turned 28...

Possibly exploring options to play for England?

Born, grew up and developed in Scotland but that doesn’t mean he’ll automatically play for them if he has other options.

Well that's a mental theory.

He's 18, hardly played any first team football.

Nothing to do with exploring playing for a different country.

Not the biggest Scotland fan in the world however i've a question regards the national side.

Keep reading and hearing the press this young lad is getting and how good he is and is going to be. He is now 18 years old so why is he not in the squad now to build the team around him going forward?

Because he’s a kid. How many first team games has he under his belt?

Possibly exploring options to play for England?

Born, grew up and developed in Scotland but that doesn’t mean he’ll automatically play for them if he has other options.
He might as well play for England.

He fucked off from rangers at the first wad of notes waved under his nose.

There are many talented Scottish 18-21 year olds nowadays. For me half the squad should be made up of these boys, not some of the tried and tested dross and perennial losers that keep appearing. We're really at the lowest level with the Andorra's and the Gibraltar's and so ideal time to throw in the talented boys as now the expectations of the national team are lower than a snakes bawsack.

Are there though?

Billy Gilmour is a cracking prospect, but that's all he is as it stands.

Ross McCrorie hasn't kicked on as expected. Hornby is only really just getting serious first team football now. Middleton is a decent prospect, but hardly top notch, and certainly not better than the likes of Ryan Fraser or James Forrest at this stage.

When countries like France and Belgium ripped it up and went to their youth players, they had seriously strong talents who were already making a mark at first team level in good teams. Scotland don't have anywhere near that just now.

I tend to get excited by the players coming through and wonder if we're finally seeing a good cycle come our way, but at the moment it looks really far off.

giphy.gif

Start building partnerships and a spine amongst youngsters would be no bad thing for the National side. We're getting humped after all! Why not a Gibson with McGinn, why not McCrorie at RB over hot shot Hamish O'Donnell, why not Porteous over Mulgrew

Was a half-gassed general statement...

But on topic, the midfield isn't the worst of Scotlands worries, Gilmour can wait a few years.

The GK, back four and strike force are what's utterly anonymous and faceless I read Scotlands defense and think, who....? Apart from Robertson, the rest are faceless.
Agreed!

he doesn’t have the requisite 5 years schooling in England so unless he has An English parent or grandparent he won’t eligible.
I was being facetious mate.

Btw you only need to live in a country 5 years to take citizenship....Fernandez of Russia Diego Costa of Spain Senna of Spain Deco of Portugal etc

that said the UK associations choose not to allow this at present but it’s only voluntary

Till the sfa is changed from top to bottom,there will be no future for any young talent coming through or any talent for that matter.
I really believe that the best thing to happen for the Scotland international team,would be a draw or defeat against San Marino,but that wont happen,so now we have our so called pundits still wanting to go with the same to try and get momentum going for the nations league play offs.
That wont happen and will only delay the inevitable when they get knocked out of the euros.
That piece by Marc Quidi,really shows the level of burying heads in the sand that has lead to this sorry state.
Got to admire Giggs playing a mix of experience and youth for Wales.
Difference is they have the likes of Bale to help the attacking youngsters like Wilson and James that he is putting in.

I was being facetious mate.

Btw you only need to live in a country 5 years to take citizenship....Fernandez of Russia Diego Costa of Spain Senna of Spain Deco of Portugal etc

that said the UK associations choose not to allow this at present but it’s only voluntary

Its not voluntary, it’s part of the FIFA eligibility rules regarding the UK.

Back