Why no Alfredo tonight?

I agree he played really well tonight, but as the game went towards the later stages i think they sussed him out on how to keep him quiet.

Could clearly see Colaks frustration when he slaps the boy on the back.

It's all opinions, but it wasn't something I was thinking about. Matondo rather than Wright was my thinking at the time. I don't see what Alfie would bring in that situation that Colak wasn't doing.

Gio explained it.

Because Colak was running his guts out and was doing well.

He also scored. Again.

Alfie has a fight on for his place which should make all bears absolutely delighted
Definitely because he now has a fight for his jersey which he has never had in his time here

Folk are talking as if it's a fully fit and firing Alfie we're talking about - he's looked nowhere near it in his sub appearances so far. Colak didn't stop running and pressing all match, which I don't think Alfie is up to yet in a game of this importance.

When he's up to speed, he's undoubtedly a better all round player than Colak - but he doesn't seem to be there yet. Give him an hour against Hibs at the weekend and see how he does but for me the shirt is Colak's to lose at the moment.

Colak has really impressed me and one thing I love about him is his pressing.

He’ll chase the ball right down to the keeper and then the first player the ball is played to.

Morelos loves a wee half arse jog as if he can’t be arsed closing down any back pass to a keeper.

Maybe you are happy with our side to side players and no forward going ones,who knows.
I’m not, far from it.

But no one is going to convince me Tillman had a good game.

Felt like for the first 30 minutes or so every time he got the ball he either gave a poor pass, or didn’t release it when he should have or tried to shield it only to have it taken off him with ease.

I like Tillman but aside from his goal last week against USG, so far he’s barely turned up in our 3 European matches.

Alfie looked miles of the pace against USG.

going to take a few games to get up to speed.

saying that I would start him against Hibs
25 minutes in the bank tonight would surely help get him closer to a start, what happened if Colak took a knock? Was he ever getting on tonight, baffling even just for 10 minutes

I’d have brought him on to give the crowd a lift after the equaliser. Atmosphere took a bit of a hit after that one and could have lifted the place again

Colak is good. He can finish.

Alfie when on it terrorises full back lines.

A fit Alfie will probably start going forward and Colak can capitalise on ragdolled defences later on.

Europe is where Alfie shines but of not fit then he's not going to be playing.

Colak was playing well and that's what Gio said after the match.
Cant really play Colak and Morelos together in European matches but could do easily in the shitty SPL

Definitely because he now has a fight for his jersey which he has never had in his time here

It’s a fantastic situation for the team and the club. It’s what we all want.

Players desperate to do well when they get a chance because they know their place in the side is not a shoe in

I thought it was the correct decision to keep Alfie on the bench tonight. PSV are a tougher nut than Union Gilliose, Buff isn't there atm, he's still a few weeks away from full fitness. Although if it's all square going into the last twenty, you would have to gamble him sneaking a goal next week.

He’s not fit enough! He’s just coming back from being out for 5 months.
Plus Colak played well.

It’s a fact. Big girls like you moaning about every last thing on here.

We are back competing in the big time, we can’t win every game
When did i say we need to win every game? If you have a problem with me just block me or even better DM me as i'm a 'big girl' lol

The problem we have is he needs games to get match fit but we can't drop Colak as he's on fire at the moment.
I think he'll start against Hibs,give Colak a 'rest' ahead of Wednesday.

Colak gave their defence a torrid time. Alfie isn't at that level yet, he's just back from long term injury.

The problem we have is he needs games to get match fit but we can't drop Colak as he's on fire at the moment.
I think he'll start against Hibs,give Colak a 'rest' ahead of Wednesday.
Nobody is saying he should get 90 mins. Half the team are shattered but dont throw our best player on.

Was he just on the bench for a laugh?

Colak played well tonight, Alfie being saved for the Spoon Burners!

people need to dampening expectations of Alfie as well, been out 5 months, needed actual surgery as well.

Great problem to have, people complained we were overly reliant on him!
Colak won’t be dropped for the weekend, IMO

Back