Why no RTV branded microphone at our press conferences?

uaerangers

it may be a daft thing I know, but i like a lot of overseas bears am glued to rangers official YouTube channel to watch our manager and player weekly press conferences. We obviously have all the club sponsors on the board behind the player/manager, but why do we not ensure that one of the microphones (even if it is just a dummy one) doesn’t have Rangers TV branding on it? Even more so now that the service is HD it would allow the worldwide audience these videos reach to advertise our own online media platform, and launch our (long overdue) High Definition services.

As it is filmed in our premises, by our cameras, I’m sure we could ensure perfect positioning for a sky sports news style RangersTVHD branded microphone.

I’ve just re-watched Pedro’s presser from today and notice there is a RangersTV sign positioned behind his head. Again, as it is in our premises, filmed by our cameras, surely the positioning of the chair could be adjusted to ensure our RangersTV logo could not be stuck behind the managers head? Of course I know sponsors will have their contractual rights to ensure their brand is being seen, but by just being a bit more cute/clever with our positioning we could allow ourselves that bit more exposure to our in house branding.

This is maybe not the biggest issue out there but IMO it is something that should be addressed. IMO the problem with the finer details like this is the lack of professionalism when it comes to branding/marketing/media etc. within our club and the lack of attention to detail.

Fans are generally focused on the big things, like the players on the park - but fans are increasingly interested in how clubs are running and how they are being seen when 'out there'. I have concerns that our expectations are not being met on many off field things in even the most basic of things. Other clubs seem to be ahead of us.

Literally no reason whey we can't get an RTV branded microphone, for example.

Last edited:
I’m sure the media guys at the club do look in here and hopefully it can be a wee idea for them. Like I have said and other agree, it is absolutely not the priority or anything to lose any sleep over, but these small details for me make the world of difference to building back up our brand which has been sadly neglected by the crooks previously in the board room.

Back