Why no statement from the board on Saturday-United fans?

captcaveman

I'm disgusted by many clubs fans actions regarding the Queen but although it says more about them as people it.isnt something the police would ever get involved in. Dundee United fans singing FTQ how is that sectarian. So explain that. The Queen herself wasn't a religious leader. Neither is the King. They do not actual run the church or take Sunday sermons. They are a figure head only. So again where does your sectarian belief come from

Also Lafferty is now a victim. Have you condemned him for why he has been targeted. Can't have ut one way to suit your agenda. If a footballer decides to be sectarian its his own stupid fault. Can't then decide to be a victim

You ask how is them chanting/shouting FTQ sectarian? How is it not. The Queen was a Protestant monarch and head of the church of England thus is closely connected to the Protestant faith & a figure head for Protestants. Why do you think the Utd fans shouting FTQ? I would hazard a guess they shouted it because she was a Protestant and they did for purely sectarian reasons.

You also ask About Kyle Lafferty and the allegations he used the term "F-enian" and the investigation by KIlmarnock. As I understand it, he was targeted by Celtic fans just as he has always been targeted by Celtic fans due to his relationship with Rangers and because he is a Protestant, he has been subjected to frankly outrageous sectarian attacks and only a few weeks ago was again targeted by Celtic fans and had to endure them screaming sectarian abuse at him for 90 mins. His car windows have also been smashed in the past with his pregnant wife sitting in it at the time.

Now to that night, do you think Kyle Lafferty just walked up to them and called them Fe-nian b*stards? I dont. I think there was verbals that arent on that video that he was subjected to and he reacted to a situation.

Last edited:

Arabian

Greetings.

I hesitate to post this, however I feel duty bound to do so.

I and many other Arabs are utterly disgusted at that disgraceful behaviour of some fecking idiots at your ground on Saturday. Believe me that view is not held by many thousands of Arabs and Dundonians, as could be seen by the crowds lining all sides of the Kingsway when the Queens cortege passed through.

There is no justification but it looks like some drunken young twats trying to annoy the Ibrox crowd. Certainly did so and no wonder. I also thought that statement from United was pathetic, embarrassing all round this. Same for the other clubs showing Scotland up especially after such a respectful time on the Queen’s journey and in Edinburgh.

I think there is a widely held view on here that United are some kind of Tim sympathising associated club. Believe me they are despised by Arabs. Our club is supported by thousands of Protestants and Catholics (and several other faiths actually) It also has to be stated there is none of the religious aspect present between the Clubs in the city of Dundee. I am glad that is the case and if it ever did materialise then I and many others would be finished with Football in the city. Apologies for the almost lecture here but that is the position I wanted you to know about. I understand it might not be what many want to hear so apologies if annoyance is caused on your forum.

Anyhow , enough of that pish. Enjoy your European game.

Cheers.
Arabian.

Last edited:

Al Needham Loyal

OP, if you are so concerned about a potential BOP, as you have stated across many threads, why not contact Police Scotland yourself and lodge a complaint.

They will be duty bound to investigate.

Why do you need others to do it on your behalf? Same with your other thread imploring people to contact Jamie Greene.

I find the easiest way to get something I want done is to do it myself.

You don't need to rouse an angry mob, and certainly not in the direction of our board over this

Last edited:

captcaveman

OP, if you are so concerned about a potential BOP, as you have stated across many threads, why not contact Police Scotland yourself and lodge a complaint.

They will be duty bound to investigate.

Why do you need others to do it on your behalf? Same with your other thread imploring people to contact Jamie Greene.

I find the easiest way to get something I want done is to do it myself.

You don't need to rouse an angry mob, and certainly not in the direction of our board over this
Shouldn't everyone of us be concerned with the double standards shown towards the PUL community and Rangers fans by Police Scotland and the justice system in this country? The is about us ALL working together as a unit . The laws in this country are skewed and justice is not applied fairly and equally in this country as we have seen many times with Rangers fans constantly targeted. This is about us collectively standing together , I thought that was fairly obvious given that I an others have said the same thing many times within this thread.

The fact you have written what you have , shows you really haven't understood what has been posted, not just by me but , also by others on this and other threads such as the Kyle Lafferty thread.

Just think what would have happened If the Union bears had been at United and stood and chanted
" the Pope is in a box" and there had been chants of FTP, Do you think that the Union bears would have had that swept under the carpet or would the Union bears have already been arrested for this?..
They would clearly be arrested by now with many public voices such as MSP's all commenting and attacking them as they have previously in the past.

That's the point!

Last edited:

Bluebear_73

Greetings.

I hesitate to post this, however I feel duty bound to do so.

I and many other Arabs are utterly disgusted at that disgraceful behaviour of some fecking idiots at your ground on Saturday. Believe me that view is not held by many thousands of Arabs and Dundonians, as could be seen by the crowds lining all sides of the Kingsway when the Queens cortege passed through.

There is no justification but it looks like some drunken young twats trying to annoy the Ibrox crowd. Certainly did so and no wonder. I also thought that statement from United was pathetic, embarrassing all round this. Same for the other clubs showing Scotland up especially after such a respectful time on the Queen’s journey and in Edinburgh.

I think there is a widely held view on here that United are some kind of Tim sympathising associated club. Believe me they are despised by Arabs. Our club is supported by thousands of Protestants and Catholics (and several other faiths actually) It also has to be stated there is none of the religious aspect present between the Clubs in the city of Dundee. I am glad that is the case and if it ever did materialise then I and many others would be finished with Football in the city. Apologies for the almost lecture here but that is the position I wanted you to know about. I understand it might not be what many want to hear so apologies if annoyance is caused on your forum.

Anyhow , enough of that pish. Enjoy your European game.

Cheers.
Arabian.
As a bear that lived in Dundee that has many United leaning mates I would back this up (none of those I know would have dreamt of disrespecting minute silence).

Doesn’t mean that many Utd fans didn’t act the prick on Saturday (they did).
Or that many of them positively rejoiced in our 2012 issues (they did)

But I was as surprised as anyone with that turnout on the kingsway. It’s what I like to think as the silent, respectful majority. They exist….even in Dundee.

Not here to defend the indefensible…. But agree with Arabian it’s also not worst case scenario either

I think a lot of people have had their eyes opened recently as to where the disrespectful views stem from.

Al Needham Loyal

Shouldn't everyone of us be concerned with the double standards shown towards the PUL community and Rangers fans by Police Scotland and the justice system in this country? The is about us ALL working together as a unit . The laws in this country are skewed and justice is not applied fairly and equally in this country as we have seen many times with Rangers fans constantly targeted. This is about us collectively standing together , I thought that was fairly obvious given that I an others have said the same thing many times within this thread.

The fact you have written what you have , shows you really haven't understood what has been posted, not just by me but , also by others on this and other threads such as the Kyle Lafferty thread.

Just think what would have happened If the Union bears had been at United and stood and chanted
" the Pope is in a box" and there had been chants of FTP, Do you think that the Union bears would have had that swept under the carpet or would the Union bears have already been arrested for this?..
They would clearly be arrested by now with many public voices such as MSP's all commenting and attacking them as they have previously in the past.

That's the point!
I understand exactly what you've posted, but you are continually agitating for others to do something that you haven't done yourself while using it as another stick to beat our board with.

That's the point!

captcaveman

I understand exactly what you've posted, but you are continually agitating for others to do something that you haven't done yourself while using it as another stick to beat our board with.

That's the point!
Point 1, Its not about bashing the board

Point 2. The inequality within the justice system impacts EVERY RANGERS FAN and members of the PUL community, not just me.

Now, if you still hold the same views as in your previous post after even after I have explained yet again, then fine, there's nothing else to say to you but ,if you ever get arrested even
unjustly arrested whilst at a game or one of you family or mates does, don't moan about it.

Al Needham Loyal

Point 2. The inequality within the justice system impacts EVERY RANGERS FAN and members of the PUL community, not just me.

Now, if you still hold the same views as in your previous post after even after I have explained yet again, then fine, there's nothing else to say to you but ,if you ever get arrested even
unjustly arrested whilst at a game or one of you family or mates does, don't moan about it.
You have, in several threads, posted how you feel this is a breach of the peace.

You have not raised this with the police, instead you are on here demanding our board make statements about it (presumably to bring it to the police's attention), telling people to write to the shadow justice minister (to raise it in parliament), and wanting others to do something about it.

The trouble is, you haven't made any effort to do the simplest thing you can - pick up the phone and call 101. Tell them you want to report a crime. You've done your research, you've told us all repeatedly why you think it constitutes a BOP, so you take the first step in standing up for the PUL community and our fanbase and you report that crime.

You clearly feel very strongly about it, so you take that first step.

captcaveman

You have, in several threads, posted how you feel this is a breach of the peace.

You have not raised this with the police, instead you are on here demanding our board make statements about it (presumably to bring it to the police's attention), telling people to write to the shadow justice minister (to raise it in parliament), and wanting others to do something about it.

The trouble is, you haven't made any effort to do the simplest thing you can - pick up the phone and call 101. Tell them you want to report a crime. You've done your research, you've told us all repeatedly why you think it constitutes a BOP, so you take the first step in standing up for the PUL community and our fanbase and you report that crime.

You clearly feel very strongly about it, so you take that first step.

"demanding" "agitating others" ? Nonsense.

I asked why they hadn't made a statement on offensive behaviour that happened inside our stadium . I am allowed to ask that . Have you watched the video of the United fans ? If you had then you would have heard Dundee Utd fans shouting the sectarian chant FTQ. Have you also heard the announcements before games? They state that the club takes a strong view on sectarianism and sectarianism inside Ibrox stadium. Well, sectarianism did occur within our stadium Hence why I asked, why the board had not made a statement. Its up to the board and club to deal with acts of offensive behaviour and sectarianism inside our stadium

Rule number of regulations of Ibrox stadium

I also have written to the shadow minister and even posted the email on the thread asking others to do the same.

Club regulations
10. The use of disorderly, violent and/or threatening behaviour and/or the use of foul and/or abusive language, racial, sectarian, homophobic or discriminatory abuse, singing and/or chanting of any kind and damage to property is all strictly forbidden, is UNACCEPTABLE CONDUCT and each and all of same and if constituting a criminal act and/or acts may result in arrest and/or prosecution and/or in conduct which does not constitute a criminal act and/or in the case of a criminal act, a ‘ban’ from the Ground, regulated football Matches, the confiscation of any Ticket purchased or held and/or any other sanction as may be determined by the Club/Event Organiser and/or in the case of a failure to comply with and/or a breach of Football Rules by the relevant Football Body.

Now do you see the parts in bold ? This is the club stating what they say they will do that if anyone behaves in a manner that's offensive behaviour and unacceptable conduct, Now, that's why I have asked why there was no statement. The club say they wont accept offensive behaviour.sectarian behaviour inside our stadium but United fans displayed both. Its up to them to act on what they say they will do as they have for our own fans behaviour inside the stadium.

Last edited:

Al Needham Loyal

By the way, there's an easy way to not get arrested at games: sing rangers songs, not any shite about the pope, Catholics, the IRA, 19th Century Terrorists, bobby sands,50p flutes etc.

Nobody will ever be lifted for singing Wolverhampton Town, Every Other Saturday, The Blue Sea of Ibrox, Every Saturday We Follow, Derry's Walls (though some really need to learn the actual words), The Sash, or Follow Follow.

Al Needham Loyal

"demanding"? I asked why they hadn't made a statement on offensive behaviour that happened inside our stadium . I am allowed to ask that . Have you watched the video of the United fans ? If you had then you would have heard Dundee Utd fans shouting the sectarian chant FTQ. Have you also heard the announcements before games? They state that the club takes a strong view on sectarianism and sectarianism inside Ibrox stadium. Well, sectarianism did occur within our stadium Hence why I asked, why the board had not made a statement. Its up to the board and club to deal with acts of offensive behaviour and sectarianism inside our stadium

Rule number of regulations of Ibrox stadium

I also have written to the shadow minister and even posted the email on the thread asking others to do the same.
  1. The use of disorderly, violent and/or threatening behaviour and/or the use of foul and/or abusive language, racial, sectarian, homophobic or discriminatory abuse, singing and/or chanting of any kind and damage to property is all strictly forbidden, is UNACCEPTABLE CONDUCT and each and all of same and if constituting a criminal act and/or acts may result in arrest and/or prosecution and/or in conduct which does not constitute a criminal act and/or in the case of a criminal act, a ‘ban’ from the Ground, regulated football Matches, the confiscation of any Ticket purchased or held and/or any other sanction as may be determined by the Club/Event Organiser and/or in the case of a failure to comply with and/or a breach of Football Rules by the relevant Football Body.
Now do you see the parts in bold stating its the club that state they will do that if anyone behaves in a manner that's offensive behaviour and unacceptable conduct, Now, thats why I have asked why there was no statement.
Yet you still have not reported your perceived BOP to the one organisation who could do something about it. I've read the whole thread, I'm not the first person to point this out.

Why have you not reported it to the police?

waldo 1160

The Arabs and their board, hung themselves, no point in trying to flog a dead horse. They are already down to lower division imo so good riddance for a while, hopefully.

captcaveman

Yet you still have not reported your perceived BOP to the one organisation who could do something about it. I've read the whole thread, I'm not the first person to point this out.

Why have you not reported it to the police?
Club regulations
10. The use of disorderly, violent and/or threatening behaviour and/or the use of foul and/or abusive language, racial, sectarian, homophobic or discriminatory abuse, singing and/or chanting of any kind and damage to property is all strictly forbidden, is UNACCEPTABLE CONDUCT and each and all of same and if constituting a criminal act and/or acts may result in arrest and/or prosecution and/or in conduct which does not constitute a criminal act and/or in the case of a criminal act, a ‘ban’ from the Ground, regulated football Matches, the confiscation of any Ticket purchased or held and/or any other sanction as may be determined by the Club/Event Organiser and/or in the case of a failure to comply with and/or a breach of Football Rules by the relevant Football Body.

Its up to the board to follow through on their own ground regulations and rules on expected behaviour. They never have had a problem with in the past with calling using this regulation with our support and banned them and used CCTV to give to the police to help with prosecutions.

Last edited:

Andre55

I`m more disappointed the board have not commented on the BBC! We let them back and straight away they are showing their hatred of us
`Liam McLeod, commentating on the game for BBC Radio Scotland, said: “Quite clearly you would have heard that the minute’s silence was disrupted, it was impossible for us to say here from where it came from.” ` Liam pretending he isn`t watching the game on a BBC link or at Ibrox, so how can he commentate on the game?
Trying to suggest it could have been our fans is disgraceful!
Our board need to ban the BBC for good!

captcaveman

I`m more disappointed the board have not commented on the BBC! We let them back and straight away they are showing their hatred of us
`Liam McLeod, commentating on the game for BBC Radio Scotland, said: “Quite clearly you would have heard that the minute’s silence was disrupted, it was impossible for us to say here from where it came from.” ` Liam pretending he isn`t watching the game on a BBC link or at Ibrox, so how can he commentate on the game?
Trying to suggest it could have been our fans is disgraceful!
Our board need to ban the BBC for good!
The bbc were and always are a disgrace towards us

Latest posts