Why no statement from the board on Saturday-United fans?

We should have banned them and made an example based on how disgusting it was.
If they park this under, ach well, freedom of speech then I fear it's open season.
They know this is wrong and they know this disgusts a lot of people so guess what the future holds in this regard..more of the same and it will be relentless.

Last edited:
The board would be making statements every 15 minutes if you were to comment about everything that people want comment on.

The behaviour of them at the weekend was shameful but that’s their problem, not ours. All you’d end up with would be the worst tit for tat game going on every time the teams met. We sing something they don’t like and there would be a statement. Football clubs have scumbag elements, it’s a reflection on society as a whole. A statement on it changed nothing, if anything it would validate the behaviour of those scumbags.

Last edited:
Correct, this is political which is why I did also suggest writing to our local MP's MSP's asking then to publicly condemn the actions of United fans inside our stadium and Scum fans behaviour. Our support is constantly targeted by the media and Police Scotland over any thing they do and our fans have been arrested for "offensive singing" but on Saturday, our silence for the passing of the Queen was disrupted due to "offensive" and frankly sick songs about the Queen but, no arrests by police for it? These were B.O.P offences that could have led to public disorder.

Our support and PUL community are constantly painted as the bad guys but, when Police Scotland/ the Justice system is skewed and they do not do their job then the figures on sectarianism will always be wrong and we will always look like the bad guys.
Agree with everything you say. It seems to me that a lot of them have been taken aback by the show of support for the monarchy in scotland. They must have been spewing at the crowds lining the roads, down from Balmoral.

I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised myself and all is not as the media would have you believe in this country. That there is the problem though, the nats have the money to pay a lot of money for their spin doctors who obviously have many contacts in the scottish media. There is obviously an unwritten policy in place to tarnish one set of people at every opportunity, whilst damage limitation is carried out on them.

When that shower wanted to march in Glasgow last week and are even asked by the police and gcc to call off the march, tells us the tail is wagging the dog.

Agree with everything you say. It seems to me that a lot of them have been taken aback by the show of support for the monarchy in scotland. They must have been spewing at the crowds lining the roads, down from Balmoral.

I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised myself and all is not as the media would have you believe in this country. That there is the problem though, the nats have the money to pay a lot of money for their spin doctors who obviously have many contacts in the scottish media. There is obviously an unwritten policy in place to tarnish one set of people at every opportunity, whilst damage limitation is carried out on them.

When that shower wanted to march in Glasgow last week and are even asked by the police and gcc to call off the march, tells us the tail is wagging the dog.
This is why I really do want the board to make a statement on the offensive and some maybe even say offensive sectarian behaviour inside our stadium by the United fans. This is about so much more, its about the law and equality before the Law and us all being treated as equals within society. As I said above, The PUL community and Rangers supporters are not treated equally and expecting the Police to do their job when they hear offensive singing is frankly not asking that much

I find our board too polite

At times anger needs to be demonstrated and after those c.nuts in the Dundee Hibs end showed themselves up our board should have went to town on the scum for disrespecting the silence

We never seem to learn that we are hated yet the board seem to think the usual dignified silence works

Well it doesn’t ffs

Kinda difficult for the board to say much about other teams fans.
The police should be making a statement.
Dundee United’s statement wasn’t worth anything and just made them look stupid.
If we were to make a statement it would only be portrayed as petty point scoring by the usual suspects.
They can check the cctv for a start

Because we lost 3 games of football in a row, if we’d lost at the weekend the potholes all over Glasgow were getting blamed in their direction
I have mentioned nothing about games lost at all. This issue is actually much bigger than that, its about Rangers fans being targeted by Police Scotland whilst others come in to our stadium during a period of national mourning for the whole country and singing sick offensive songs about the Queen. This is about us all being treated as equals within Scottish society.

This is why I really do want the board to make a statement on the offensive and some maybe even say offensive sectarian behaviour inside our stadium by the United fans. This is about so much more, its about the law and equality before the Law and us all being treated as equals within society. As I said above, The PUL community and Rangers supporters are not treated equally and expecting the Police to do their job when they hear offensive singing is frankly not asking that much
There's not a lot I disagree with, but I don't think they'll give the club a look in.

Last week the usual mob and not just in scotland gave them an out with freedom of speech. Of course this gives the scum all they need to shout their bile.

They want to go down that road then it needs to work both ways, which at this time it most certainly is not.

Since the news broke of the sad passing of the Queen, the country was then in an official state of national mourning. We as a club and support showed the Royal family and our Queen the respect she deserved with a simply stunning out-pouring of loyalty with the amazing display and the crowd and stadium singing GSTK . We received praise for not only taking on UEFA but ,also for the genuine heartfelt display of loyalty from our support. This was respect for a Queen that has shown the whole country loyalty throughout her reign.

Then we move on to Saturday and again our support stood in solemn reflection and silence but, we as a support has to listen to the utmost disrespect being show to the passing of our Queen with a frankly offensive and sick song about the Queen's death that I do feel was so offensive it could have left to Public disorder within the stadium.

Today is Tuesday and still we have had nothing from the board about the offensive behaviour from Dundee United fans inside our stadium on Saturday and my question to the board and club is ..Why not? Our club is never slow at attacking our own support for singing something along with the usual suspects so ,why stay silent on the sick behaviour of Dundee United fans? I just wish they would open their mouths about Saturday and condemn the behaviour of Dundee United supporters and demand that Police Scotland open an Investigation in to the the United fans behaviour, they had the spine to take on UEFA so why not take on Scottish society and media on this?

If they say nothing about Saturday, sorry but.shame on them!
Absolutely no need for our club to comment.

They charged Hearts fans for abusing the silence for the Pope
This is what the tramps board said after they played us at Ibrox 2021

This was the headline

"Celtic FC demand police action after players abused by vile sectarian bigots at Ibrox before match against Rangers"​

The club hope "all efforts" are made by Police Scotland to identify those responsible after a number of sectarian slurs could be heard ahead of the Old Firm.

Last edited:
Since the news broke of the sad passing of the Queen, the country was then in an official state of national mourning. We as a club and support showed the Royal family and our Queen the respect she deserved with a simply stunning out-pouring of loyalty with the amazing display and the crowd and stadium singing GSTK . We received praise for not only taking on UEFA but ,also for the genuine heartfelt display of loyalty from our support. This was respect for a Queen that has shown the whole country loyalty throughout her reign.

Then we move on to Saturday and again our support stood in solemn reflection and silence but, we as a support has to listen to the utmost disrespect being show to the passing of our Queen with a frankly offensive and sick song about the Queen's death that I do feel was so offensive it could have left to Public disorder within the stadium.

Today is Tuesday and still we have had nothing from the board about the offensive behaviour from Dundee United fans inside our stadium on Saturday and my question to the board and club is ..Why not? Our club is never slow at attacking our own support for singing something along with the usual suspects so ,why stay silent on the sick behaviour of Dundee United fans? I just wish they would open their mouths about Saturday and condemn the behaviour of Dundee United supporters and demand that Police Scotland open an Investigation in to the the United fans behaviour, they had the spine to take on UEFA so why not take on Scottish society and media on this?

It’s not our board’s place to make a statement about another club’s fans. There’s no point in getting involved. It is what it is - a bunch of disrespectful lowlife acting exactly how you would expect them too.
What’s the point in using THEIR disgusting behaviour to have a go at OUR board?

I agree wholeheartedly with you OP. Unless they have been advised (or requested) otherwise, our Board of Directors should be condemning the shameful behaviour of those Dundee United fans on Saturday and, for that matter the shameful behaviour of the scum on Sunday in Paisley as well as last Wednesday in Warsaw.

It’s not our board’s place to make a statement about another club’s fans. There’s no point in getting involved. It is what it is - a bunch of disrespectful lowlife acting exactly how you would expect them too.
What’s the point in using THEIR disgusting behaviour to have a go at OUR board?
Im not" having a go" at the board. Im just asking a question.

With friends like you....you know the rest.
Whatever mate. Everyone that jeered and booed and sang through the applause would wear a breach of the peace charge like a badge of honour. It’s a pathetic charge that isn’t worth the effort, most of the time.

If me saying that makes me your enemy then so be it.

I have mentioned nothing about games lost at all. This issue is actually much bigger than that, its about Rangers fans being targeted by Police Scotland whilst others come in to our stadium during a period of national mourning for the whole country and singing sick offensive songs about the Queen. This is about us all being treated as equals within Scottish society.
A lot of our support canny see the wood for the trees

Rangers aren’t above the Police mate, if we were winning games of football we’d be channeling our energy towards PS

Its a moot point because we never say anything. Had they been singing about Walter, Andy Goram et al...we still wouldnt havent said anything.

People defend that silence for some reason here, what it does is emboldens our enemies further.

Absolutely. We don't need to say anything, they are doing it all themselves.
Totally agree.

However, it’ll be forgotten about by the weekend. As will the filths behaviour.

We’ve witnessed the routine countless times now - from parliament down.

Totally agree.

However, it’ll be forgotten about by the weekend. As will the filths behaviour.

We’ve witnessed the routine countless times now - from parliament down.
That’s a bigger point about the club allowing the media to get away with their selective reporting for so long.

what are you talking about? That's not even remotely what I said or meant! This is about double standards.
And you want the board to fight your corner on double standards, I don’t think that’s their job. In fact I’d want them nowhere near a statement.
Double standards at a Policing and law level is well above our football team

And you want the board to fight your corner on double standards, I don’t think that’s their job. In fact I’d want them nowhere near a statement.
Double standards at a Policing and law level is well above our football team
"my corner" ? Just mine!

This wasn`t just any minuets silence .........., it was for The Queen. The whole country took part in paying their respect, and according to a post on FF 60 odd % of the worlds people also.

Ours was disrupted by the scum united fans inside our stadium while Police Scotland stood with their backs to them while watching the Gers fans standing in total silence/ respect. That could very easily have escalated to disorder within our stadium but for the restrain of the whole Gers support.

A post further up this page shows the hypocrisy of the SFA and PS when dealing with almost a mirror incident, a head of the Church passing away and the reaction to disruption of the minuets silence. Arrests were made for Breach of peace and the offending club made to apologise. Why is ours being treated so different?

As far as I'm concerned this is an open goal for our board to call this out regardless of the backlash from the bigoted Scottish media. We have to take a stand on this.

It was the Queen`s minuet silence that was disrespected not some retired older player or manager that usually comes with disrespect from the usual scum up here. We may not have made a big deal out of that in the past as according to others it would have been futile due to the scum controlling the narrative in all media and turning it on us in their usual wall to wall coverage of big bad Rangers and whataboutery.

To me this is something our board should be making a statement on and calling out the hypocrisy and double standards of our media and Police Scotland and also the scum club/s who disrespected the minuets silence of the head of the PROTESTANT church and her people.
If our club don't/won't call this out now, then what's the fckn point of our existence as the biggest Protestant institution in Scotland. We even have Her Majesty on our dressing room walls to remind the players of whom and what we represent. Is it all for show?

This wasn`t just any minuets silence .........., it was for The Queen. The whole country took part in paying their respect, and according to a post on FF 60 odd % of the worlds people also.

Ours was disrupted by the scum united fans inside our stadium while Police Scotland stood with their backs to them while watching the Gers fans standing in total silence/ respect. That could very easily have escalated to disorder within our stadium but for the restrain of the whole Gers support.

A post further up this page shows the hypocrisy of the SFA and PS when dealing with almost a mirror incident, a head of the Church passing away and the reaction to disruption of the minuets silence. Arrests were made for Breach of peace and the offending club made to apologise. Why is ours being treated so different?

As far as I'm concerned this is an open goal for our board to call this out regardless of the backlash from the bigoted Scottish media. We have to take a stand on this.

It was the Queen`s minuet silence that was disrespected not some retired older player or manager that usually comes with disrespect from the usual scum up here. We may not have made a big deal out of that in the past as according to others it would have been futile due to the scum controlling the narrative in all media and turning it on us in their usual wall to wall coverage of big bad Rangers and whataboutery.

To me this is something our board should be making a statement on and calling out the hypocrisy and double standards of our media and Police Scotland and also the scum club/s who disrespected the minuets silence of the head of the PROTESTANT church and her people.
If our club don't/won't call this out now, then what's the fckn point of our existence as the biggest Protestant institution in Scotland. We even have Her Majesty on our dressing room walls to remind the players of whom and what we represent. Is it all for show?
Exactly.

This is what the tramps board said after they played us at Ibrox 2021

This was the headline

"Celtic FC demand police action after players abused by vile sectarian bigots at Ibrox before match against Rangers"​

The club hope "all efforts" are made by Police Scotland to identify those responsible after a number of sectarian slurs could be heard ahead of the Old Firm.

Which Rangers players did Dundee Utd fans abuse?

You're posting what the Celtic board said after their players got sectarian abuse. I may be wrong but I assume you posted that to compare the 2 boards reactions to the situations?

No mate, that's not why I posted that. There has been countless people saying " you cant comment on another clubs supporters". Thats why I posted that. Why shouldn't we comment ?These incidents happened inside our stadium.

Reactions: TN8
No mate, that's not why I posted that. There has been countless people saying " you cant comment on another clubs supporters". Thats why I posted that. Why shouldn't we comment ?These incidents happened inside our stadium.
Ah ok, didn't see those other comments.

If our players or staff had been targeted by sectarian/racist abuse etc I'd expect a comment from the club, but not so sure about chants about the Queen, as disgusting and vile as they were. An issue for Utd and possibly the police (if the Hearts/Pope precedent is followed).

Ah ok, didn't see those other comments.

If our players or staff had been targeted by sectarian/racist abuse etc I'd expect a comment from the club, but not so sure about chants about the Queen, as disgusting and vile as they were. An issue for Utd and possibly the police (if the Hearts/Pope precedent is followed).
Its a Breach of the peace at the very least but , the public disorder that could have occurred given the timing, mood of the stadium/country, the whole country was in official mourning.

Lets be honest, we have had fans arrested for less.

Why not?A simple Dun Utd fans will no longer be welcome in Ibrox Stadium.We don't need them.
Which is not going to happen...

Tbh, the whole Breach of the Peace thing is nonsense (as is the bottle throwing). Dundee United fans are cunts, trying to be smart arses and disrespecting the minute silence, but a disturbance was never going to and didn't happen.

Last edited:
Back