Why not season ticket deposits?

I wound release the season tickets early and allow a much longer renewal period window.
That way it doesn’t put pressure on ST holders not in a position to renew.
The people who can renew just now could be a welcome cash injection to the club.

Good idea but not just now we need to wait and see how this all unfolds . People are ca canny just now and rightly so

Play the Rangers lotto.....give a little each week... supports the club.
I don`t see how any club can take ticket money upfront from supporters, given that they don`t have a clue when the current season will end(which should have been declared null and void a while since).
They have no idea the formation of leagues(in terms of who doesn`t survive and subsequent restructure);and last but not least, not one of us knows when we`ll be allowed to once again gather in a crowd to watch!!

OP appears to be getting a hammering here, I see where you are coming from bud
For what its worth I would prepay £100 for my ticket now, I'm lucky enough to be working from home so unaffected financially.

I would assume the club are in discussions with the players regarding wages, as will all clubs, even if it's to defer a percentage of wages
It doesn’t even necessarily need to be £100.
A pay what you can towards your season ticket scheme with perhaps a minimum of £10.
Even that would bring in an absolute minimum £500,000 but definitely considerably more.

You’d think I’d asked folk to donate a limb to the club judging by some replies

Man Utd are giving the choice of having a rebate pro rata on st this season,
either, cash refund or set aside next seasons ticket .
although it’s not ‘new’ money, use the refund for this season as a first payment on next.

although it’s not ‘new’ money, use the refund for this season as a first payment on next.
I wouldn’t take a refund, skint as I am.

Not a bad idea if club needed money earlier. Also be less I'd need to pay when the time comes which is a help to me also.

Fans do this, fans do that. Would like to see the pampered, very well paid playing and management staff doing something
If your work was in the shiter would you take a paycut, despite having a contract entitling you to your full salary?

Despite having had my ST for 23 I won’t be renewing until I get my job back. I love Rangers as much as any bear but family must always come first.

Maybe the least of yours.
I could go and buy my season ticket right now for next year if I wanted.

The world around us is crumbling rangers football club should be irrelevant in these times. The club coming out and asking for money for season tickets would be an absolute slap in the face.

They could at least ask the players to take a pay cut to start with.

Added to the fact we’ve not even finished this season so they’ve ST money of mine from last year that’s not been furfilled.
Not much of our income can come from week to week.

it’s all euro money and season ticket money.
Season tickets are paid, no idea about euro money.

The money we paid for an ST this year was spent months ago, I would be disappointed if a lot of our fans asked for a refund

This years money is gone. Asking for a refund or even putting it towards next years ticket would put a huge strain on the club. The way ahead is everyone takes a couple of lines on the Rangers lotto.

It is for most. Rangers have barely been mentioned in my circle of friends and most are season ticket holders.
we all lost money on the Germany trip and again it’s no even mentioned
the people I associate with constantly talk about Rangers and the way forward
You just did mention Germany

Our and the club same thing.

just think it’s not really the tike to be worrying about season tickets that’s all.
When do you think the Club should start forward planning, the whole situation is no one's fault but the Club need to try and plan for when we recommence playing, whenever that is. I don't believe there is a business in the UK that is not trying to put something in place for when the time comes.

Some people genuinely don't realise the seriousness of the situation. The club needs as much money as it can get, and they need it as soon as they can get it. Without ST money, Rangers would be in serious financial peril.
I would agree with the first sentence then add of what's happening out there. The World has changed dramatically in the last 3 months and it's about to get worse. For what it's worth in answer to the question the players and staff must contribute first before anything can be asked of supporters.

Get real mate. Rangers is the least of people’s worries
I could go and buy my season ticket right now for next year if I wanted.

The world around us is crumbling rangers football club should be irrelevant in these times. The club coming out and asking for money for season tickets would be an absolute slap in the face.

They could at least ask the players to take a pay cut to start with.
Added to the fact we’ve not even finished this season so they’ve ST money of mine from last year that’s not been furfilled.
Not much of our income can come from week to week.

it’s all euro money and season ticket money.
Season tickets are paid, no idea about euro money.
Well that’s the clubs fault, I don’t want a refund but if we’re sailing so close to the wind it’s our own fault.

Well f uck me, that first post would seem to contradict the rest.

Despite Rangers being the least of your worries, it's a source of amusement and irony that you're firmly ensconced and participating on a Rangers forum.

Last edited:
You’re not throwing anything down a black hole. You are putting into the club you love.
If and when we return to normality you’ll get a reduction on your ticket.
I need to continually stress, “only if you can afford it.”

If the doomsday scenario that some people think may happen transpires and it’s the end for Scottish football and Rangers.
You won’t be mourning for your £100.

It's not viable at the moment and as much as i love Rangers it's got to work both ways.

Many of us have spent a few shillngs over the season supporting the club only to be short changed,i've still to see Rangers offering some sort of refund.

Seen 4 lads post on Twitter the club are pressing ahead with releasing renewals and memberships in the coming weeks. I hope by the coming weeks that means like 12 weeks away.

If it's any time in the next month it is complete arsehole behaviour by the club IMO. People don't even know if they have jobs in the weeks ahead nevermind committing to upwards of 500 quid for 1 season book. Which can be 3 or 4 per family in many cases.

Seen 4 lads post on Twitter the club are pressing ahead with releasing renewals and memberships in the coming weeks. I hope by the coming weeks that means like 12 weeks away.

If it's any time in the next month it is complete arsehole behaviour by the club IMO. People don't even know if they have jobs in the weeks ahead nevermind committing to upwards of 500 quid for 1 season book. Which can be 3 or 4 per family in many cases.

I wouldn't believe eveything that you read from the 4lads forum.

I'd money ends up tight at Ibrox due to this. Players wages should be cut or even frozen long before they come ask the fans to dig deep.
There's a season to finish or be abolished before season tickets can be discussed.

If push came to shove then for the good of the club I'd renew right now, but it would be easier to justify if everyone was doing their bit (I.e players and staff on reduced wages).

Back