Why the panic??

''Why the Panic''? Zero wriggle room that's why. In recent seasons, they've shipped loads of points but still won the league. Its clear they won't slip up nearly as much this season therefore last night's brain fart deserves the reception its getting.

Nah, there's a difference between people accepting criticism of players, managers and decisions than there is to allowing people to pretend that off the back of a draw we're as well not playing out the rest of the league season.
Thats a different issue, for what its worth i think its all to play for and last night changed nothing.
What my point was is that some people will hear nothing said about certain players or the manager. The amount of times i've heard things like "he cost 3m and played in italy so is the best player in the team" or " he is learning his trade" is becoming a bit boring now. Good players can make mistakes the manager can get it wrong and its ok for people to talk about it without being shot down

We need to learn how to win trophies again. Last night showed how we propably won't win one this year. When it comes down to it the crash barriers know how to do it. The players need to come out with an intensity a focus and a real desire to destroy the scum on Sunday and really put some doubt in their heads that we are the real deal and a genuine threat to their dominance.

We've got the best team we've had in years. We should be backing them not picking them apart. We know the players fault's but we can't fault their efforts. They are playing for the manager.
Aye for the first 35 mins they showed that they are the best team we've had in years. I will back them to the hilt but they deserve criticism for last night's capitulation. Now let's all move on to Sunday and take the pitch and put relentless pressure on them

Why the panic?

Because we were 2-0 up and cruising against a team of duds then completely folded like a pack of cards.

Our defending at times has been shambolic. People can say we've kept 'x' amount of clean sheets with Goldson and Helander but truthfully, that's mainly due to poor finishing.

Look at Celtic yesterday...concede a last minute goal but still grind out a win.

Why the panic?

Because we were 2-0 up and cruising against a team of duds then completely folded like a pack of cards.

Our defending at times has been shambolic. People can say we've kept 'x' amount of clean sheets with Goldson and Helander but truthfully, that's mainly due to poor finishing.

Look at Celtic yesterday...concede a last minute goal but still grind out a win.

They're not gonna shag you mate.

They were at home to Hamilton. They should be winning those games.

Let's see how we get on when we've all had a run at all sides home and away. We're in a tricky patch. They've got an easier one just now.

It will be interesting to revisit this thread on December 30th to see if it was just people "panicking" or if the cause for concern was genuine.

I think the main problem is that we were cruising. First half possession must have been close to 85% in our favour and they looked like they were about to get absolutely steam rolled. They score and we almost completely fell apart.

It is worrying. That Sheep team is completely hopeless and we should have been looking at a 5-0 score line.

If we can fold that easily against them we can fold against any one.

Iv been fairly confident this season but last night has made me doubt if we are as good as I thought.

Not sure it’s entirely panic - rage/annoyance definitely. The stage was set for a thrashing of them - topped off with a goal from Ryan Jack - which would have set us up nicely for Sunday.

After the league defeat at Ibrox against them, if someone had offered you to be 2 points behind, cup final to look forward to and on verge of Europa last 32 we would have grabbed it with both hands.
Yes, it was a poor, very poor 50 minutes from us last night, but we are in no position to panic. The final is there for the taking, we win it and self doubt flows through their veins. Celtic are far from unbeatable, Hamilton just about took a point. Last night not the disaster it's being made out.

That's the point, just about took a point off of them. They reacted instantly and got a goal back within a minute of the Hamilton equalizer and went on to the win the game.

We arse raped Aberdeen for 40 mins and because they scored we fell apart.

That is the difference between them and us just now. They are just that bit more mentally stronger than us and have that thing that our 9 in a Row team had unfortunately were they don't like losing.

I fear for us on Sunday if we continue to defend the way we have against Feyenoord and Aberdeen, even to a degree against Hamilton. If Hamilton had one decent striker on, instead of some fat guy they got from the pub then we would've drawn or lost that game.

The reality is we have very little margin of error and that was a game we should have won

We are now reliant on them dropping points in the upcoming games or we will be 5 behind them at best going into the OF game. We have tough away games at motherwell and hibs which we absolutely have to take full points from.

Last night was one of those games that I can see costing us

Because defensively were suspect and have been for some time and we seriously lack physicality when required.Not one player picked it up last night when needed which was cowardly.Still fvking rageing at the scum laughing at us today in work if they dont beat the scum on Sunday am done for the season

it isn't panic as such,it's a worry. our defence is a big worry. going forward we're quite good,but I've said this a dozen times on here, our defence doesn't need to be attacked very much to let a goal in and that's a real concern! it needs sorted and has been needing it sorted for a while now!

Reactions: VMS
Because last year Celtic dropped 27 points and still won the league in a canter.

This year they won't drop near as many so we can't spunk stupid points like last night.

Our manager was doing well but there was always the feeling that we won games in spite of his decisions. Ojo coming on last night didn't inspire anyone. Stewart scores two and is cast aside again.

I could go on, but when it comes down to it, we need our manager to step up another level or this season is going to slip away as another could have been, should have been.

Katic on for Kent, ffs, fkn abysmal.

Don't think anyone is panicking, people are probably more concerned about the 60 minutes of capitulation against a pretty average Dolly who couldn't get near us in the first 30. We were bullied and harried by them for an hour and lucky to get the draw.

They're not gonna shag you mate.

They were at home to Hamilton. They should be winning those games.

Let's see how we get on when we've all had a run at all sides home and away. We're in a tricky patch. They've got an easier one just now.

Patter is horrendous.

They also went up to Pittodrie and took 4 off that mob.

After the league defeat at Ibrox against them, if someone had offered you to be 2 points behind, cup final to look forward to and on verge of Europa last 32 we would have grabbed it with both hands.
Yes, it was a poor, very poor 50 minutes from us last night, but we are in no position to panic. The final is there for the taking, we win it and self doubt flows through their veins. Celtic are far from unbeatable, Hamilton just about took a point. Last night not the disaster it's being made out.
We should not be accepting being 2 points behind them at anytime, end of.

The 3 points were in our grasp and we could've gone ahead on goal difference easily Aberdeen were battered by us.
What transpired instead was a throw back to what we have seen before where we can't capatilise or hold onto a lead and we've seen this movie before.
The manner in which the goals were lost was shocking and if we play like did from the 40th minute onwards on Sunday we will get a scudding.
Where did I say we never improved and where did I say sack Gerrard?
We have improved but the team still produce too many clangers and the collective drop off last night was so obvious.
I agree but the old problem of managers sticking by players who are obviously nit playing well namely our centre backs is cisting us.

then we need to be more streetwise mate

we cant surely put our failings down to referees?

You reckon that last night Beaton would have allowed us to foul from the first minute until the last minute as Aberdeen did, mate ? The ref was to blame last night, never mind our own defensive shit show.

Patter is horrendous.

They also went up to Pittodrie and took 4 off that mob.

We went to Hamilton and took 3 off them and took 5 off them at home compared to your loved ones only winning 2-1 last night.

What's your point caller?

Very disappointed blowing a 2 goal lead
Felt like a defeat. But it is done.
Wee dust ourselves down and prepare for the mhanky mob.
That's all we can do.

I’m extremely optimistic in a strange way this could be just what we needed the players mental toughness game management etc being questioned before the cup final no doubt all the mhedia pundits will be tipping the scum after”broonies league winning goal” they are bang average and if we don’t give them the time on the ball they crave our quality in midfield and up front will lift us the trophy imho.

We went to Hamilton and took 3 off them and took 5 off them at home compared to your loved ones only winning 2-1 last night.

What's your point caller?

My loved ones. Deary me your patter is fucking chronic btw.

My point is when the chips are down Celtic can dig out wins which we can't. Happened last year as well, they scored about 3 last minute goals in the space of a few weeks. Kilmarnock, Dundee and either Hearts or Hibs (canny remember).

My point is when the chips are down Celtic can dig out wins which we can't. Happened last year as well, they scored about 3 last minute goals in the space of a few weeks. Kilmarnock, Dundee and either Hearts or Hibs (canny remember).

Like when they dug out a win against Hibs at Easter road back in September?
Hibs who were 2nd bottom and has lost the previous 3 games in a row.

Or when they dug out that famous victory away to Livingston a week later?
Livingston who had also lost their previous 3 and haven't won a game since.

Against the other 10 we have scored more goals, conceded less, have picked up more points AND we've played 6 at home compared to 8 away (they've played 8 at home and 6 away). Against the other 10.

Don't know why everyone seems to be bigging up the tims to be honest.
As if they are some unstoppable force that none of the other 10 will ever be able to get points from.
Their only impressive result so far has been beating us at Ibrox.

The best thing about Sunday will be not only shutting them up but silencing some of our own as well.

Legia, Feyenoord and Porto are all better than the mentally challengeds and all better than anyone the mentally challengeds have faced this season.

We f*cked up the match at Ibrox but were they REALLY that good against us?

We are still missing that one big player who will make all the difference - a Butcher or Gough.
Or to put it another way, an inspirational leader. Ideally the captain, but given our situation, anyone who will take personal responsibility to change the approach.
Please don't waste finger skin by replying with straw men.

Aye for the first 35 mins they showed that they are the best team we've had in years. I will back them to the hilt but they deserve criticism for last night's capitulation. Now let's all move on to Sunday and take the pitch and put relentless pressure on them

Agreed. Last night is done. Cannae change anything. Now it's all about Sunday. We are a good side. If we turn up we can give anyone a game

There is nothing like a good panty wetting session on FF after a negative Rangers result.

If we had been offered this at the start of the season we'd have been delighted.

The problem is that unless we get a result at parkhead which is difficult to see we will be at least 5 points behind or 8 if Celtic win their game extra . We haven’t got the winners in the squad to come back from that

Because the same issues continue to crop up. Just like last season.

Deliver a trophy and then people might have more belief in this squad of players.

We've got the best team we've had in years. We should be backing them not picking them apart. We know the players fault's but we can't fault their efforts. They are playing for the manager.
Don't think even the manager can legislate for players taking the foot off the gas,if they get the third it kills it completely. But we're not a bad team and maybe it's the kick in the arse they needed, I'd rather it now than later.

Like when they dug out a win against Hibs at Easter road back in September?
Hibs who were 2nd bottom and has lost the previous 3 games in a row.

Or when they dug out that famous victory away to Livingston a week later?
Livingston who had also lost their previous 3 and haven't won a game since.

Against the other 10 we have scored more goals, conceded less, have picked up more points AND we've played 6 at home compared to 8 away (they've played 8 at home and 6 away). Against the other 10.

Don't know why everyone seems to be bigging up the tims to be honest.
As if they are some unstoppable force that none of the other 10 will ever be able to get points from.
Their only impressive result so far has been beating us at Ibrox.

The best thing about Sunday will be not only shutting them up but silencing some of our own as well.

Legia, Feyenoord and Porto are all better than the mentally challengeds and all better than anyone the mentally challengeds have faced this season.

We f*cked up the match at Ibrox but were they REALLY that good against us?
No,we made them look better than they are.

And your cretinous attitude on this board is pathetic

Remind how Celtic dug out points at Livi when the chips were down?

Or how we failed to do so against Killie on the opening day at 1-1 going into the last minute

Or how we didn't turn a goal deficit into a fabulous away point in Porto

Or how, looking like heading for extra time against Legia where they'd have 30 minutes to get an away goal that would scupper us, we didnt get a win

Or when we were having a really bad day, we didnt fire a great free kick in against St Mirren to take all three points when it looked like we couldn't score

Or how after going a goal down to an inform Motherwell we didn't manage to win the game.

See for a team you don't care about, yer fair keen to bum them up and do us down in the same breath

Hah @RedWhiteBlue I swear I hadn't seen your post before I typed this out!

Last edited:
And your cretinous attitude on this board is pathetic

Remind how Celtic dug out points at Livi when the chips were down?

Or how we failed to do so against Killie on the opening day at 1-1 going into the last minute

Or how we didn't turn a goal deficit into a fabulous away point in Porto

Or how, looking like heading for extra time against Legia where they'd have 30 minutes to get an away goal that would scupper us, we didnt get a win

Or when we were having a really bad day, we didnt fire a great free kick in against St Mirren to take all three points when it looked like we couldn't score

Or how after going a goal down to an inform Motherwell we didn't manage to win the game.

See for a team you don't care about, yer fair keen to bum them up and do us down in the same breath

Hah @RedWhiteBlue I swear I hadn't seen your post before I typed this out!

You're insinuating I'm a tim for some reason which is just embarrassing.

If you're not worried about our team going into Sunday then I'll have some of what you're on.

It's ok to admit they've got some good players btw - you won't lose any staunch points with your online pals.

You're insinuating I'm a tim for some reason which is just embarrassing.

If you're not worried about our team going into Sunday then I'll have some of what you're on.

It's ok to admit they've got some good players btw - you won't lose any staunch points with your online pals.

I'm questioning why you seen to want to talk our achievements down while bumming them up for doing the exact same thing.

It's got nothing to do with them having good players or not.

You're just absolutely contradicting yourself with a bizarre stance to suit your whining.

Last edited:
I'm questioning why you seen to want to talk our achievements down while bumming them up for doing the exact same thing.

It's a bizarre stance to suit your whining.
I dont think hes bigging them up,hes stating a fact. I still think celtic have a bit more toughness about them,which I'm hoping rangers can find in themselves.
The reason I say this is that I cant say I was surprised that they got a winner,even so late in the game.
Bottom line is,they're going to take a bit of shifting,also think they're a better team than they were last season.
With the games we had coming up,I didnt think for a minute we were going to win them all,its a lot to ask.
Yes,we did throw it away last night and it was sickening,but some of the comments regarding gerrard and the players need to be reigned in a bit.

I dont think hes bigging them up,hes stating a fact. I still think celtic have a bit more toughness about them,which I'm hoping rangers can find in themselves.
The reason I say this is that I cant say I was surprised that they got a winner,even so late in the game.
Bottom line is,they're going to take a bit of shifting,also think they're a better team than they were last season.
With the games we had coming up,I didnt think for a minute we were going to win them all,its a lot to ask.
Yes,we did throw it away last night and it was sickening,but some of the comments regarding gerrard and the players need to be reigned in a bit.

Everything you say there is true apart from your first point.

He's not stating a fact. He's both got it wrong and also seems to want to talk Celtic up when criticising us despite having battled back from more positions of being under the cosh.

Celtic have shat the bed (the criticism aimed at us) at the cost of more points in games against the rest of the league than we have this season.

We've draw two away to Hearts and last night and they've drawn with Hibs and lost to Livi.

What has saying isn't true. We have shown up when the chips are down by and large and at least as much as Celtic.

The difference between the teams is essentially that game at Ibrox where the management picked the wrong team.

He's not stating a fact. He's both got it wrong and also seems to want to talk Celtic up when criticising us despite having battled back from more positions of being under the cosh.

Celtic have shat the bed (the criticism aimed at us) at the cost of more points in games against the rest of the league than we have this season.

We've draw two away to Hearts and last night and they've drawn with Hibs and lost to Livi.

What has saying isn't true. We have shown up when the chips are down by and large and at least as much as Celtic.

The difference between the teams is essentially that game at Ibrox where the management picked the wrong team.
Not disagreeing with a lot you say and I'm still hopeful.

I think we're as good a team as them,no doubt,but still think they have this toughness about them. Last night as I said I wasnt particularly surprised they got a winner but really couldn't see rangers getting there.

I'm certainly not throwing in the towel,not by a long way.

People are scared of losing on Sunday

I'm not scared of losing, I just hate losing.

If we fail to win on Sunday then it's another trophy in their locker, back to back to back to back trebles will still be on, they will gain confidence and it will probably affect us as we try for the league title.

A win is well over due, we need a trophy, we need to be successful again, these players need to taste success and become hungry for more. It also puts a hault to their run and gets in their heads.

Found a really useful botton on my iPad last night. It's called the 'on/off' button. 10 minutes after the game I switched it off as some people were having a total melt-down. I was as disappointed as anyone, but i realised we drew away against the team third in the league. It took a 92nd minute goal for the scum to beat the 10th place team at home, so they were hardly playing like Barcelona. I think the 2 goal lead made us complacent and thinking the game was done. The team eased up and found it hard to shift up gears again.
Complacency demonstrates bad professionalism and poor mentality perhaps this is why people are panicking.

I don’t think it’s panic but genuine concern. Against Feyenoord they put us under pressure first half, second half we dug in and got a result. Against Aberdeen it was the other way round, with our individual errors and sloppiness letting them back in. And we didn’t have the physical presence or mental toughness to get ourselves back. Those are genuine areas for concern as we face a cup final against that mob who will no doubt have watched our collapse last night with interest.

Fact is Celtic are ahead of us in the league. That's all that matters at the end of the day.

It's because they keep winning and don't really look like dropping points.

Im sure they will. But, when we drop points like last night it gets worrying. Aberdeen are a shite team, they are not a great team, but we need consistency. That was pish last night losing a 2 goal lead. Those pricks have been lucky. They will drop points. I'm sure of it.

Back