Why the panic??

Complacency demonstrates bad professionalism and poor mentality perhaps this is why people are panicking.

Fair enough but some posters totally lost the plot last night saying things like the league was over for another season. This was following a draw away to the 3rd place team.

It's because they keep winning and don't really look like dropping points.
Did you watch their highlights? I think they will drop more points. A better referee would have gave a foul to Hamilton and they drop 2 points. We just need to make sure we keep the pressure on until the 29th.

Did you watch their highlights? I think they will drop more points. A better referee would have gave a foul to Hamilton and they drop 2 points. We just need to make sure we keep the pressure on until the 29th.
Exactly Ricky. Luck just wasn't with us last night. It was all at the Half finished climbing frame. We need to hope these things even out. Let's hope it starts on Sunday. We need it.

Like when they dug out a win against Hibs at Easter road back in September?
Hibs who were 2nd bottom and has lost the previous 3 games in a row.

Or when they dug out that famous victory away to Livingston a week later?
Livingston who had also lost their previous 3 and haven't won a game since.

Against the other 10 we have scored more goals, conceded less, have picked up more points AND we've played 6 at home compared to 8 away (they've played 8 at home and 6 away). Against the other 10.

Don't know why everyone seems to be bigging up the tims to be honest.
As if they are some unstoppable force that none of the other 10 will ever be able to get points from.
Their only impressive result so far has been beating us at Ibrox.

The best thing about Sunday will be not only shutting them up but silencing some of our own as well.

Legia, Feyenoord and Porto are all better than the mentally challengeds and all better than anyone the mentally challengeds have faced this season.

We f*cked up the match at Ibrox but were they REALLY that good against us?

They schooled us from start to finish, an utterly embarrassing performance from us

I'm firmly of the belief that the collective hivemind of the Rangers support is so terrified of losing out on silverware this season. So much so that they have begun to project their own emotions onto the team. You see it everywhere on here and on twitter. People chucking the towel in. Claiming players have bottled it. Questioning the weak mentality of the side after a draw away from home days before a cup final.

The Panic merchants and merchants of doom have had a field day on here in the last 24 hours.

I'm firmly of the belief that the collective hivemind of the Rangers support is so terrified of losing out on silverware this season. So much so that they have begun to project their own emotions onto the team. You see it everywhere on here and on twitter. People chucking the towel in. Claiming players have bottled it. Questioning the weak mentality of the side after a draw away from home days before a cup final.

The Panic merchants and merchants of doom have had a field day on here in the last 24 hours.

Their mentality deserves to be called into question after the other night's performance.

2-0 up in easy street then the players get ahead of themselves and take the foot off the gas. After that Aberdeen were by far the better team.

Found a really useful botton on my iPad last night. It's called the 'on/off' button. 10 minutes after the game I switched it off as some people were having a total melt-down. I was as disappointed as anyone, but i realised we drew away against the team third in the league. It took a 92nd minute goal for the scum to beat the 10th place team at home, so they were hardly playing like Barcelona. I think the 2 goal lead made us complacent and thinking the game was done. The team eased up and found it hard to shift up gears again.
I don't think that's the point,it's the manner we lost the goals you could have written the script before KO there is an unbelievable similarity to the goals that we loose in important games may be.the opposition's watched the video too.

Their mentality deserves to be called into question after the other night's performance.

2-0 up in easy street then the players get ahead of themselves and take the foot off the gas. After that Aberdeen were by far the better team.

Don't get me wrong. Questioning the mentality is fine. It's the level of self projection you can see from some people is what I commented on. Just when you see people commenting saying we won't win on Sunday, or that the title race is over etc.

The team stopped playing the other night. Same as everyone else I was angry. However my immediate reaction wasn't to implode and begin needlessly start scrutinising the mentality of the squad and management team after what was ultimately a bad half of football. A two goal lead in football is rarely ironclad, our players allowed themselves to get too cocky and paid the price. Hopefully it's not a mistake we'll see from them again.

Don't get me wrong. Questioning the mentality is fine. It's the level of self projection you can see from some people is what I commented on. Just when you see people commenting saying we won't win on Sunday, or that the title race is over etc.

The team stopped playing the other night. Same as everyone else I was angry. However my immediate reaction wasn't to implode and begin needlessly start scrutinising the mentality of the squad and management team after what was ultimately a bad half of football. A two goal lead in football is rarely ironclad, our players allowed themselves to get too cocky and paid the price. Hopefully it's not a mistake we'll see from them again.

For me the biggest frustration is that we've not lost to a team who've outplayed us.

The majority of goals we're conceding are stupid unforced errors.

For me the biggest frustration is that we've not lost to a team who've outplayed us.

The majority of goals we're conceding are stupid unforced errors.

Yeah we truly haven't. The mentally challengeds out hustled us at Ibrox. YBs just pounced on sloppy defending and a touch of naivety from us.

Yeah defensively we seem to slack off at times. Could be an issue with the system that is leading to increased exposure though. No idea, not even going to kid on I'm an expert on tactics. It's certainly an area we've looked considerably worse in since the last international break.

Because we're fkn desperate for success m8, it's been long hard road and we're not there yet, we need to end the scum domination and soon.

No panic here, just real frustrating at the way we conceded a little too readily of late.
As things stand, we could still see the end of Dec having won the cup, in the last 32 of EL and sitting on top of the SPL clear on points.
Still a lot to do but we all knew December was going to be largely defining, let's see where we are at come the end of the month. What the team need to do is believe in itself!

It's one result though.

What about the countless times the mentality has been right this season?

The circumstances suggest that with a huge game coming up on Sunday and another huge game on Thursday that the players have a lot on their minds and there are many potential distractions.

I would say let's judge at the winter break.

The squad is settled now, the way we play, the attitude in general. It's all settled.
The good of Legia, Feyenoord, Porto etc is not undone by a bad performance against Aberdeen.

You are overreacting.

It's one result though.

What about the countless times the mentality has been right this season?

The circumstances suggest that with a huge game coming up on Sunday and another huge game on Thursday that the players have a lot on their minds and there are many potential distractions.

I would say let's judge at the winter break.

The squad is settled now, the way we play, the attitude in general. It's all settled.
The good of Legia, Feyenoord, Porto etc is not undone by a bad performance against Aberdeen.

You are overreacting.

I'm not saying the team don't have character or anything but the other night their mentality deserves to be called into question. In fact the same could be said about how we defended in Rotterdam, especially for the second goal. Schoolboy stuff.

no one will go through the rest of the season without dropping points. If they do they deserve title hands down. For me it was the fact we dropped 2 points. Even if at the winter break there is a 5 point gap I believe we will go and get 55. This is an exceptionally tough set of games and it turns round with more home fixtures after the break. There are still12 points against them to play for. Not worried but disspaointed by letting Dolly come back from 2 goals down.

no panic here we will go and show why we are going to lift the trophy alfredo to break his duck against the mhanks and i put £50 on at 2-1 thats how confident iam we will do it

Firstly I'm with you I don't fully get it, but what I would say is SG has set himself a great bar because of how we have developed. We fell back below that expectation against the sheep in the second half so while I agree we don't need hysteria we still need acknowledgement within our ranks that it's not good enough.

We've got the best team we've had in years. We should be backing them not picking them apart. We know the players fault's but we can't fault their efforts. They are playing for the manager.

Everyone does back them but ignoring issues with players and performances which seem to go unchallenged by the management doesnt do us any favours.

Rectify problems now rather than cry about it at the end of the season.

Everyone does back them but ignoring issues with players and performances which seem to go unchallenged by the management doesnt do us any favours.

Rectify problems now rather than cry about it at the end of the season.

What problems do you see and what's your solution?

What problems do you see and what's your solution?
Maybe you reward good performances and punish poor ones. Who do we drop when they have a really poor game?
Give youth a path to the 1st team?
We can't even give some of the 1st team a path into the 1st eleven.
There is no way that defence should remain for the next game after that capitulation. That needs punished!
Katic and Edmundson have to be waiting in the wings for their chance. They can't just be there in case injury and suspension.

I've rarely been so pissed off after a draw.

We simply have to put an end to these no shows for large parts of games. 2nd half at Hamilton, 1st half in Rotterdam are other examples.

Accept we were denied an obvious pen but that aside created bugger all in the 2nd half

Maybe you reward good performances and punish poor ones. Who do we drop when they have a really poor game?
Give youth a path to the 1st team?
We can't even give some of the 1st team a path into the 1st eleven.
There is no way that defence should remain for the next game after that capitulation. That needs punished!
Katic and Edmundson have to be waiting in the wings for their chance. They can't just be there in case injury and suspension.

So who is your back 4 for Sunday? If Barisic is fit he'll play instead of Flanagan. I don't see Gerrard making any other changes

Back