Why was it left to Super Ally

Super Ally was magnificent back then, Ally and Sandy Jardine were absolute colossi for us.

Something far too many on here forget.
If it hadn’t been for Ally McCoist and Sandy Jardine I’m not sure we would have Rangers to support!! Too many supporters don’t realise what they did for us.

We owe Ally McCoist a huge debt of gratitude!
If he wasn't there at the time the chances are we could well have disappeared without a trace and at the very least had cups and titles stripped from us.
I fully accept that his managerial style wasn't to everyone's taste but he was attempting to manage a group of men who's employment and careers were in total turmoil and he man managed the situation the way he thought best...by trying to alleviate the doom and gloom by injecting a bit of lightheartedness into their daily routine.
He took absolute pelters for that approach by some but I have to say that I've been in a very similar situation with having a factory full of people unsure about their future and possibly facing redundancy and although I obviously took the situation extremely seriously, there had to be an escape valve for the tensions and a bit of humour, or even "gallows humour" did the trick.
Under the circumstances I thought McCoist did a fantastic job and certainly added to his Rangers Legend status as a result!

That bit completely fucks up your argument/ discussion, whatever you want to call it!!

I've got very very little time for Ally these days in his current media roll but I'll forever be thankful for any positive efforts he put in that summer.

I had my reasons for not being a fan of Sandy Jardine in times past as well (and it's not fair to mention them now so I won't) but he was a massive help for us in 2012 certainly.
You should not have mentioned it at all then Shocking

I think the jury could arguably be out on Supers ability to deliver a winning football team. However the circumstances you allude to make it quite clear to me that his name should have never been tarnished by that period, in fact the guy was an absolute colossus by all accounts.

Ally McCoist is a phenomenal Ranger on and off the park.

Too a man we should be proud of that fact.
Agreed. The passage of time has clouded our perception of Ally. I’m guilty of it too but my opinion of the man has been rekindled to what it was 8 years ago. He’s up there with the greatest Rangers ever. No doubt about it

The Primal Scream of a true blue Ranger
Ally+McCoist+Rangers+v+Celtic+alQvf8qL_DAl.jpg

So you’re angry with him because he had a salary (of which the figure is alleged and not actually known)?
Not angry, disappointed.
For someone who is a legend as a player and given the honour of managing his boyhood heros, to continue taking a vast amount of money from the club when it was basically on its arse does not sit well with me.

Not angry, disappointed.
For someone who is a legend as a player and given the honour of managing his boyhood heros, to continue taking a vast amount of money from the club when it was basically on its arse does not sit well with me.

Sick reading this pish. People talk like Ally was taking money that could have been spent elsewhere to help the club. Anyone who believed that must be beyond stupid. We were being run by two bob gangsters who were taking every penny they could siphon out of the club. He was the figurehead having to deal with obscene amounts of stress, heartache and absolute mayhem in the background. As usual folk spout their faux outrage without having a clue about the reality.

Sick reading this pish. People talk like Ally was taking money that could have been spent elsewhere to help the club. Anyone who believed that must be beyond stupid. We were being run by two bob gangsters who were taking every penny they could siphon out of the club. He was the figurehead having to deal with obscene amounts of stress, heartache and absolute mayhem in the background. As usual folk spout their faux outrage without having a clue about the reality.

You appear to be very angry, you maybe need to settle down to a simmer.

It's not about the money, it's about principals and I would have expected more from one of the greatest players ever to worn the jersey and gone on to managed the club.

As I said disappointed.

It's not about the money, it's about principals and I would have expected more from one of the greatest players ever to worn the jersey and gone on to managed the club.

As I said disappointed.

Not angry just sick fed up reading ill informed drivel. What is the principle then if it’s not about the money? He’d already taken a financial hit, what is it that he did that disappoints you? He got paid for doing an utter clusterfuck of a job?

Why exactly would Stewart Robertson be commenting on this situation today? What would he be robustly defending?
You do know that Stewart Robertson, is the MD, is not our CEO?
As for the rest, if you are content with the way we manage our reputation I'll leave you with your head up your arse.

I gave mcoist dogs with his management of rangers but now i think what could have been.. when we lost to celtic at newyr the stories were starting to filter through about players unrest due to missing pay cheques n going into admin.. did that affect the moral.. of course it did... there is every chance we would have reached 55 before 2014.. would brenda had become manager.. ..

The Lurgan Bigot was lauded for overturning a 15 point deficit(wasn't really 15 as they had games in hand) that year yet no one in the media cared to consider or comment on what was happening within the Club.

Eternally grateful to Ally for defending the Club and our titles during the worst period in our history. One day I am certain that it will all unravel for the spivs and reveal the part the tramps played in all this. The missing links will connect up to expose the house of shame. We shall overcome.

Ally McCoist, a Rangers legend, one of the greatest on the field and the man who managed the club and fought our corner through the darkest times imaginable.
Yet there are still some “Rangers fans” on here who give the man nothing but abuse. It actually beggars belief.
Hes not the only one who gets it. Ian durrant gets it because of his co commentary. I mean,he really is one of our own, but still people pull him for a petty thing like that.
We have more than enough enemies out there,but turning on our own legends takes some beating.
With friends like that.

If he wasn't there at the time the chances are we could well have disappeared without a trace and at the very least had cups and titles stripped from us.
I fully accept that his managerial style wasn't to everyone's taste but he was attempting to manage a group of men who's employment and careers were in total turmoil and he man managed the situation the way he thought best...by trying to alleviate the doom and gloom by injecting a bit of lightheartedness into their daily routine.
He took absolute pelters for that approach by some but I have to say that I've been in a very similar situation with having a factory full of people unsure about their future and possibly facing redundancy and although I obviously took the situation extremely seriously, there had to be an escape valve for the tensions and a bit of humour, or even "gallows humour" did the trick.
Under the circumstances I thought McCoist did a fantastic job and certainly added to his Rangers Legend status as a result!

Well said. Think folks forget too quickly that he was the one that kept us together and took the unglamourous job of seeing us up through the lower leagues when he could likely have walked away and made a lot more money doing media work.

Ally McCoist’s contribution to the club should never, ever be underestimated.

It’s scary to think where the club might be without him.

As I said disappointed.

You’re sort of ignoring the point he’s made, if the money doesn’t go to Ally it goes in spiv pockets. At the end of the day he was putting up with a lot of shite, a lot of stress (don’t care what anyone says you could see it take a toll on McCoist) and deserved a wage like anyone doing a job, much less someone putting up with that level of nonsense.

There are some reasons for fans to be disappointed with Ally, such as his poor performance as manager and lack of foresight in building a younger, stronger side. But taking a wage isn’t one of them and targeting him for that (using a rumoured salary) after he fought for us is actually really disrespectful.

You do know that Stewart Robertson, is the MD, is not our CEO?
As for the rest, if you are content with the way we manage our reputation I'll leave you with your head up your arse.

I know fine we’ll what Stewart Robertson’s job title is. Maybe you don’t understand the role? You think we would have a CEO and Managing Director? You think their job description would be to ‘defend’ the club? This thread related to Ally McCoist talking about yesterday’s news on his radio show, what exactly could Robertson or any other senior Rangers employee say about a matter that is actually absolutely nothing to do with them?

I know fine we’ll what Stewart Robertson’s job title is. Maybe you don’t understand the role? You think we would have a CEO and Managing Director? You think their job description would be to ‘defend’ the club? This thread related to Ally McCoist talking about yesterday’s news on his radio show, what exactly could Robertson or any other senior Rangers employee say about a matter that is actually absolutely nothing to do with them?
Ok, here goes.
Robertson demonstrably is not a media guy, he's a numbers man and apparently good at it so let's employ him for what he can bring to the club. Agreed?
We therefore have no club spokesman. Agreed?
That leaves us with a considerable reputation risk, our enemies can say/print what they want, damage our reputation, and we have no way of countering that. Agreed?
Do you agree, in general, let's put yesterday aside for a minute, that we need to do what we can to reduce and ideally prevent reputation damage?
If we're in agreement on the above we can move on to yesterday.

I loved Ally McCoist as a player and he was a great leader and ambassador in the dark days.
I can forgive him his lack of talent as a manager, that is something you only find out about when it's too late. At a push I can forgive him taking money for nothing when on gardening leave (initially) after all it would have been hoovered up by the spivs anyway.
What I don't forgive him for is not doing the right thing when King and co arrived. His snout remained in the trough. He bled money from the club and the men who were saving it for no return.
Poor show in my book.
Let's hope he emerges as a voice for good in the tumultuous days ahead

Ok, here goes.
Robertson demonstrably is not a media guy, he's a numbers man and apparently good at it so let's employ him for what he can bring to the club. Agreed?
We therefore have no club spokesman. Agreed?
That leaves us with a considerable reputation risk, our enemies can say/print what they want, damage our reputation, and we have no way of countering that. Agreed?
Do you agree, in general, let's put yesterday aside for a minute, that we need to do what we can to reduce and ideally prevent reputation damage?
If we're in agreement on the above we can move on to yesterday.

We could definitely use a strong media figurehead. I really don’t think the media fear Robertson much at all when he’s sitting at conferences and interviews grinning like a Cheshire Cat.

I’m not saying we need Dirty Harry to speak for us, but I do think we would benefit from having someone who is a bit firmer with the media and less hesitant to call them out for what they are.

A

FFS......talk about twisting the amateur facts to suit.

There are some reasons for fans to be disappointed with Ally, such as his poor performance as manager and lack of foresight in building a younger, stronger side. But taking a wage isn’t one of them and targeting him for that (using a rumoured salary) after he fought for us is actually really disrespectful.

Add in that he said nothing against Green till he made a quip about trophies, he shat it to vote against the Easdales (IIRC) but proxied his votes. He worked with EVERYONE who bled the club.

His managerial career was a disgrace aside from smashing lower league teams and even then.......

What's an "amateur fact?"
:confused:

He ran the team like a bloody pub team, hence the amateur quip. Did you enjoy the stories of him baring his arse, the karaoke etc.? It was a horrendous way to run a professional team and respect the fans.

Also we, the fans, saved the club from disappearing not Ally McCoist.

He ran the team like a bloody pub team, hence the amateur quip.

Also we, the fans, saved the club from disappearing not Ally McCoist.
I think he deserves a little more credit than that but you're obviously not a fan of his methods at the time so I'll just leave you to get on stewing in your own juice!

I think he deserves a little more credit than that but you're obviously not a fan of his methods at the time so I'll just leave you to get on stewing in your own juice!

You can rewrite history if it makes you feel better. Either way, I'm cool with our difference of memory/opinion.

Add in that he said nothing against Green till he made a quip about trophies, he shat it to vote against the Easdales (IIRC) but proxied his votes. He worked with EVERYONE who bled the club.

His managerial career was a disgrace aside from smashing lower league teams and even then.......

If Green boots him and brings in his own man early doors feck knows where we’d have ended up because I doubt his replacement would have done much to fight the clubs corner whilst the vultures were picking at the carcass.

No arguments about the way in which he managed the club, it was terrible, but he fought for the club at a critical time and anyone who wants to wipe that from memory is a bit of an ungrateful brat to be honest.

If Green boots him and brings in his own man early doors feck knows where we’d have ended up because I doubt his replacement would have done much to fight the clubs corner whilst the vultures were picking at the carcass.

No arguments about the way in which he managed the club, it was terrible, but he fought for the club at a critical time and anyone who wants to wipe that from memory is a bit of an ungrateful brat to be honest.

He spoke up and fought against the title stripping, credit for that...........

Back