Why was the fella that scored the equaliser not booked first half for his wild kick on Lawrence?

I thought the ref was OK, but he made some very weird decisions at times. As said that first yellow, the free kick where the player didn't even get booked,...

put beside some of the shambolic excuses for referees we have in this country the referee tonight was outstanding

he is never going to get everything right

Poor refereeing, we watch these types of fouls every week in the league and moan about it. There was a spell of around 10 mins when PSV were just bringing us down with no foul, several players who should’ve been on a last warning were still continuously fouling.

De Jong is a c_unt and I was praying for Lundstrum to put him up in the air. The ref was fkin worthless and when he should have been handing out cards (first 30 minutes) he did fk all and let that mob slow play with their continuous niggling tackling.
How the ref didn’t tell him to stop the back chat! Was constantly moaning. Should’ve been booked for the pull on Goldson.

I thought the ref was outstanding tonight but that was one he got wrong.
Not sure the ref was outstanding at all - not even close in fact. He wasn't the worst we've have had by any stretch but he missed a lot.

De Jong had about 10 fouls before he got a yellow card. A few of them were yellow card offences. The boy who scored could have been off. The forearm smash on Kent was a foul and a yellow card, he missed that and VAR couldn't be bothered. He just seemed very dismissive of anyone's claim.

He was one of the better refs but he certainly missed a lot and unfortunately what he missed really, really helped PSV.

He played advantage for the one not far outside the box and PSV got away with one there. But their player should absolutely have been booked - wiped Lawrence out completely. If there had been no advantage that's 100% yellow. Why does a referee ignore the obvious ?

Dont know if anyone watched it on Stan TV. Im in Oz and have to say at half time they showed numerous replays from a variety of angles of loads of incidents. It was brilliant.

At the 'penalty incident' for hand ball we should have got a penalty for the shirt pull on one of our players. It was blatant and prolonged. A definite penalty.

Stan coverage was first class.

Dont know if anyone watched it on Stan TV. Im in Oz and have to say at half time they showed numerous replays from a variety of angles of loads of incidents. It was brilliant.

At the 'penalty incident' for hand ball we should have got a penalty for the shirt pull on one of our players. It was blatant and prolonged. A definite penalty.

Stan coverage was first class.
There was another blatant shirt pull later on in the second half as well mate, did they show that?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

There was another blatant shirt pull later on in the second half as well mate, did they show that?

Im watching it again. Its half time so I'll post again when I see it over.

The stats are first class too. Sands had most passes from our team with 100% accuracy at ht.

Just counted 7 replays of the penalty incident including slow motions and close ups from every angle possible. Still not sure if it hit his arm or shoulder but the shirt pull on Colak by their No 5 was blatant and prolonged. A definite penalty. He had him by the collar and didnt let go.

Last edited:
He indicated a psv player used his shoulder on Kent iirc, replay shows it was his hand on the back. Not sure how he could get that so wrong.

Regards to not booking the player there is this nes rule if you try and stop a promising attack, and the play is not stopped you can’t go back and book them. This is why you see us get cards for the same fouls that the other teams don’t it is because they generally just stop.

However, there is a caveat something like if the foul is something that was a yellow card offence for dangerous play they should go back and book them.

Really? I thought for an Italian ref who managed the CL final 2 years ago he was average to poor, and let a few wild tackles go, does he not understand you can wave play on to give advantage, then take retrospective action?

Felt they should have had at least three sent off for double bookings, ref majorly shat it, especially De Jong.

Booked once for Goldson, and then done same thing again five mins later.

Ref stared at him like "Why you doing this to me?", Goldson up demanding the second yellow.

Nothing.

de Jong and the no 6 were very lucky to stay on the park
consistently gave them free kicks for nothing or in fact dives
spent the game giving it tight to Colak for nothing
allowed their players to timewaste from the 1st minute, we go 2 up and suddenly haste is required

he was terrible
tho not as bad as last weeks

Back