Wibble Wibble Celtic still the better team

Bear all

Former Celtic boss Martin O'Neill admits Rangers are a genuine threat again - but still expects his old side to take the title.

Steven Gerrard's side make it back-to-back wins at Parkhead on Saturday, the first time they've achieved that since 1995.

With the hosts not managing a shot on target manager Neil Lennon has come under scrutiny from fans and pundits alike.

And the man who took him to Celtic believes the former midfielder has a real fight on his hands.

O'Neill told the Scottish Sun : "Rangers are getting stronger, having been very weak a couple of years ago, as they tried to make their way through the leagues. Celtic had it all their own way, and now it’s different.
Rangers are pushing them.

They were better in the League Cup final last season, and lost.For me that was because they had not won for a while, and Celtic were able to see it through.

But there is a long way to go this season. Rangers have piled pressure on Celtic, and it’s up to them to keep that going, not to drift off like they did last year."

But despite the strides he's seen at Ibrox the former Ireland boss still expects his protege to take the title.

He said: "When Rodgers left someone had to go in and keep it going, and I don’t believe there was anyone else who could have done that other than Lennon.I think he’ll be able to deal with any criticism that’s coming his way, even though it stings.

But overall it’s part of the territory. He has been able to deal with those things in the past, and I believe he’ll be able to deal with this now.

“Do I think Celtic will win the league? At their strongest, they are still better than Rangers, so I believe they will do it.”

—————————————

They won he League Cup due to an offside goal I see he completely ignores his abysmal European record going out the CL qualifiers to the European Giants Cluj and Ferencvarcos ,I hope he is right about keeping Lennon he is clueless no one else could have come in and took over seriously .

did he watch the game on Saturday?

quite happy for them to think we'll mess it up, pressure is on them because it's their big year as they love to call it

This stat of it being the first time since 95 that we’ve consecutive games at the piggery is one of those useless stats thrown around that mean absolutely zilch.
Incredibly, I first read it on here!

Let them keep believing they are stronger and Saturday was a blip. I hope they keep thinking that way until after the January transfer window. I can see us beating them at Ibrox and then they go into panic buying mode.

Last minute winners against St Johnstone and Dundee Utd at full strength.

They would still have been chasing shadows just like the previous 2 times we played them at their strongest.

Theyre a joke, they play slow shit football & if we dont win the league this year it will be a fkn travesty,

He didn't keep what Rodgers built going, as I have said before it's been a gradual regression in terms of style of play and personnel. The signings get worse. Celtic at their strongest are still better? The previous 2 games with their 'full-strength' team showed Rangers to be more tactically drilled and physically the more dominant. Who can forget Ajer shrinking into his shirt when Katic powered home the winner at the piggery?

Last minute winners against St Johnstone and Dundee Utd at full strength.

They would still have been chasing shadows just like the previous 2 times we played them at their strongest.

Theyre a joke, they play slow shit football & if we dont win the league this year it will be a fkn travesty,

My sentiments exactly.

A tactical dinosaur being backed by an actual dinosaur doesn’t change the fact that the modern tactically astute manager that is Gerrard will win the league.

Time on your hands wibble, tesco must be doing home deliveries of drink for your wife now.

I think we've sufficiently proven that matched up v them we're better

However, they've got the edge v everyone else and that still remains the case. It's up to us to change that

What do you want the ex-mentally challenged manager to say? Rangers are better and should win the league?

I don’t want anyone to say that. Keep your powder dry and lets take it one game at a time.
He is saying what I want him say right down to a T I just thought I would share it with everyone else .:confused:

Maybe the Blessed Martin can come back he is a dinosaur would probably be worse than his buddy,seeing two off would be a joy.

Better stop getting ahead of myself now.

I'm delighted that they are pushing this narrative but what is it based on?
We have lost three goals this season, one of which was offside and two matches aside we have performed very well indeed.
I don't watch Celtc but I saw 20 mins of their last European game whilst we were waiting for our game against Galatasaray to begin. I said at the time that a half decent team with an ounce of self belief would tear them apart. They were playing the way they did at the weekend, lethargic, no ideas and vulnerable at the back.
I'm not stupid enough to be fooled by 20 minutes of a European game and 90 minutes of a roasting from us but couple that with them scraping through a few games this season by the skin of their teeth, grim performances and a lot of moaning and it's looking a lot rosier for us.

Let them say this, that and the other and let us concentrate on our game.

I love the fact that they still think they're better than us. We have been improving steadily whilst they have become complacent. Lennon is limited as a manager & their players & some of their fans know it. We (& the spfl) handed them the title last season. The silver lining is that he is still in charge. He will go from being a Celtic "legend " to the man who failed to win "10 in a row "

Most of their mob read these articles and start to forget what they saw Saturday and go back to believing their on hype, all the better when it comes crashing down !

I'd back us to beat them every time we play them now. We've got the measure of them and put under pressure they are not a good side. The problem is the other teams in Scotland don't really put them under much pressure.

It's great folk like O'Neill are coming out and saying things like this as by the time they figure it all out it will be too late.

Another one where the narrative isn't that celtic will beat Rangers, but rather Rangers will beat themselves as they lack a winning mentality. Hope they keep this delusion going

I love the fact that they still think they're better than us. We have been improving steadily whilst they have become complacent. Lennon is limited as a manager & their players & some of their fans know it. We (& the spfl) handed them the title last season. The silver lining is that he is still in charge. He will go from being a Celtic "legend " to the man who failed to win "10 in a row "
I have always said more so about Brown though.

I hope AC Milan and Sheep get draws. Defeats see Lennon sacked

It’s clear some of their players are not trying their hardest for Lennon and you just know his management style is old school shouting and screaming antics

I want in charge until the end of the season

If we win the league I want Lennon and Brown to be a big part of their failure. There legacy goes down the pan if we can win it

They're bring everybody and anybody out to (ex Celtic, Celtic minded) to try and comfort the masses. I for one love it, it plays right into our hands

And the Lennonites start circling the wagons to ensure wee Lenny isn't rumbled for the Sunday league manager pissed up jakeball that he is.....

I have always said more so about Brown though.
Aye, their emotions are their own worst enemy. Brown tbf has been a good player for them but vastly overrated. He seems to have a legendary status but he wouldn't hold a candle to the likes of souness, b Ferguson or even Ian Ferguson for that matter

The more bheggars that spout this, the better.

Keep it coming I say.

Back at Auchenhowie, Steven Gerrard will have his men focussing on one thing and one thing only - winning football matches. The way it should be.

Nothing has been won or lost. We've put ourselves in a great position but we cannot take our eyes off the ball or slip up. We've got to keep on winning and apply pressure.

Hardly likely to say anything else, is he? Would have been like Walter sticking the boot into Ally when he was manager.

The more bheggars that spout this, the better.

Keep it coming I say.

Back at Auchenhowie, Steven Gerrard will have his men focussing on one thing and one thing only - winning football matches. The way it should be.

Nothing has been won or lost. We've put ourselves in a great position but we cannot take our eyes off the ball or slip up. We've got to keep on winning and apply pressure.
Absolutely.

The more dinosaurs like Wibble with a bit of clout at the San Giro who come out and back him the less chance Steak Pie Athletic are in sacking him.

Back