Wide areas next season

Murphy will be excellent in that role mate.

I'm not saying he'll be starting every game, very few will, but he'll certainly get plenty game time.

If Kent doesn't come back I think we'll sign someone else to compete for his position.

Not reckon Jones will play the Kent role on the left of the 2 cutting in? Murphy, Jones, Arfield, Candeias, Hastie, Middleton, Grezda (possibly) and Stewart (possibly) is a huge number of bodies for two positions. (possibly even see Docherty play in one of those positions).

Murphy, Jones & (Hopefully) Kent for the left. Hastie, Stewart & a new first team signing for the right.

Not reckon Jones will play the Kent role on the left of the 2 cutting in? Murphy, Jones, Arfield, Candeias, Hastie, Middleton, Grezda (possibly) and Stewart (possibly) is a huge number of bodies for two positions. (possibly even see Docherty play in one of those positions).

Plenty of competition mate, that's for sure.

rafa camacho Liverpool U23 played good against us and going into last year of contract can cover LW, AM & RW, possible deal to be done maybe??

rafa camacho Liverpool U23 played good against us and going into last year of contract can cover LW, AM & RW, possible deal to be done maybe??

You'll be a good judge of him mate.

What do you reckon?

So u

So hasties Stewart and Jones are better than candies..... nonsense

I said possible loan for Hastie

And we aren’t bringing in Stewart and Jones to just sell them straight on, so someone needs to make way.

Ergo, we sell Candeias.

Last edited:
Murphy coming back will add something different to our attack. Also with the addition of Jones Hastie and Stewart we will get more production from wide areas too

Hopefully we can keep Kent or get a similar player back on loan and move Candeias on

I think Murphy fully fit gives us a dangerous option, backed by Middleton and Jones, we can be direct and diverse, but to be fair to Kent, he can go either way so defenders are guessing right up until he makes a move, where as Murphy turns on to his right foot and Middleton stays on his left. Jones is a bit unknown as he hasn’t pulled on the jersey yet, but from what I have seen of him, he seems comfortable going either way, so maybe he is the answer to losing Kent? (albeit less tricky.)
I said assuming we stick with the 4-3-2-1 then I’m taking about those in the ‘2’, where Arfield will play.
I always thought that role of being an inside forward was tailor made for Murphy. I always found him to turn in on the left, where he could have more scope from the inside to run/pass/shoot.

I said possible loan for Hastie

And we aren’t bringing in Stewart and Jones to just sell them straight on, so someone needs to make way.

Ergo, we sell Candeias.

Grezda is a cert to get punted
Middleton will go out on loan
Still think we’ll get Kent on loan.

Then it’s game on to see who gets started.
Brilliant to see.

Some time ago someone suggested going for Peterson who’s in the final year of his current deal and I’ve watched him a few times since.
Very productive with goals and assists and shouldn’t cost more than 2-3 million I’d guess so should be within our grasp.
Peterson and Arfield as first choice with Murphy,Jones,Stewart And Hastie battling it out in pre season to be back up.

Grezda is a cert to get punted
Middleton will go out on loan
Still think we’ll get Kent on loan.

Then it’s game on to see who gets started.
Brilliant to see.

I bumped into Kent a few weeks back and he says he hopes to stay but the tone of his voice had ‘but I doubt it’ written all over it.

So I think we’ll bring someone else in.

Back