Wilfried Zaha wakes up to racist abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despicable. Shows how much work needs done.
Horrible behaviour but genuine question. Do you think this type of thing is

a) indicative of the vast, vast majority of people? I don't. So therefore I don't think it's necessary or effective to deter those who will engage in this behaviour. In much the same sense an anti murder campaign isn't necessary and wouldn't deter any would be murderer.

B) a result of the BLM campaign. My opinion is the claiming of racism everywhere angers people who know it not to be the case and as such creates racists or people who will engage in racist behaviour.

It’s the same shite every time really isn’t it. Some of them need foil hats too, they’ve lost the plot thinking it’s all part of some master plan to push Marxism to the forefront and get us all living in some commie world.

As far as I’m concerned the far left and far right are two ends of the same dildo.

Yep. I wouldn't call myself a centrist but it feels like I am when both sides of the proverbial dildo are so entrenched in their echo chambers.

But apparently players should give up the BLM support because this is Britain and racism ain’t really an issue here - copyright some middle aged white punter

Hope the despicable cùnt is caught and banged up.

Giving up the BLM support has nothing to do with racism. In their own words BLM was founded and run by trained Marxist with a set political agenda, I have no problem standing with anyone against racism but I won’t stand or kneel for BLM. Football and everyone else should have checked before blindly jumping on the bandwagon.

Giving up the BLM support has nothing to do with racism. In their own words BLM was founded and run by trained Marxist with a set political agenda, I have no problem standing with anyone against racism but I won’t stand or kneel for BLM. Football and everyone else should have checked before blindly jumping on the bandwagon.

The athletes or anyone standing or kneeling for BLM are taking a stance against systemic racism, not in support of Marxism, FFS!

Hmmmmmmm I'm sorry, but the Marxist agenda is strong just now. Yes, racism is bad and all that...happens everywhere and to all races. Seems too stupid to be genuine! It's still crap for Zaha of course.. before all the self righteous attention whores get excised and brand me a racist for speaking truth.

Youd lock someone up for years for a tweet? F@ck me
Free speech comes with responsibilities. This guy is a moron who should have been dealt with after abusing Ian Wright. What do you think would be an appropriate punishment?

Free speech comes with responsibilities. This guy is a moron who should have been dealt with after abusing Ian Wright. What do you think would be an appropriate punishment?

He should be battered around the head with a double ended dildo.

But apparently players should give up the BLM support because this is Britain and racism ain’t really an issue here - copyright some middle aged white punter

Genuine question... does a daft flag or players "taking the knee" change the attitudes of creatins like the one pictured here?

Its virtue signalling nonsense and plenty of decent folk are fed up having it rammed down their throats.

Ridicule him and let him know that the majority think his views are the views of an arsehole. The only reason this is a thing is because social media, the vehicle to allow arseholes to say all sorts of offensive stuff.

We cant be locking folk up for being offensive

Not sure if serious. Given the fact some seem to think it's an anti-proddy movement, I wouldn't be surprised.
Not directly but the main agitators in Scotland will be. Unless of course you think members of the green brigade are "pro proddy"?

Surely people aren’t implying that some arsehole sending memes to a football player is a sign of systemic racism? I don’t think anybody has said nobody ever says anything racist but there’s a difference. A supposed fan isn’t indicative of an entire support yet a supposed fan is indicative of a country?
I hope the arsehole gets what’s coming and deserves but I’m wary of jumping on this bandwagon.

What is the thought process going through someones mind to send that crap....world is fucked
When racial hatred and violence from the extremes of the black community are excused and forgiven by the media, it will provoke an equal and opposite reaction from the fringes of their target community. This is the inevitable next phase of the BLM movement and despite many people warning about it (and being accused of being racist), everyone is still amazed it happens.

Is there a qualification to be a ‘Trained Marxist’?

This doesn’t surprised me, there is a lot of closet racism out there. I’ve heard/overheard a lot over the years that people won’t say publicly, but make comments when they think they are in like minded company.

The immigration/Brexit debates have only fuelled this and brought some of them out into the open.

It’s the same shite every time really isn’t it. Some of them need foil hats too, they’ve lost the plot thinking it’s all part of some master plan to push Marxism to the forefront and get us all living in some commie world.

As far as I’m concerned the far left and far right are two ends of the same dildo.
Couldn’t have put it better myself bud.

The sooner this current period of Populism dies a horrible death the better.

Usual suspects that are all over these threads telling us how bad BLM is and that they are the real racists are conspicuous by their absence here.

Sickening that black people still need to put up with this shit in 2020.

It’s not an isolated incident though is it. As long as these types exist people should always be free to show their support for any movement promoting racial equality, especially when it’s something as peaceful and inoffensive as players taking a knee, which for some reason seems rile a hell of a lot of folk up, even on here.

And lets be honest this kind of thinking isn’t limited to social media either. From my own experiences of being out there in the big bad world there are still more than enough bad eggs to make promoting racial equality well worth while. Yeah they aren’t a majority by any stretch, but they’re still there, and “ahh forget about this movement, it was just one guy” isn’t the right attitude to have in my personal opinion. But everyone is entitled to theirs.
Racism in all of its guises is wrong. What I am seeing more and more is players raising their fists in the black power sign. All of the black Arsenal players done it just there. This dilutes the message of equality that is trying to be promoted. Nothing is being said about it and this will lead to sympathy for the original message being lost.

But you said the system is racist? Surely if there's systemic racism it doesn't matter how hard you work, by the colour of your skin you've got no chance?

If you don't believe there is systemic racism in the USA and UK, and just about everywhere else, that's your prerogative. I've seen and experienced a whole lot of it in both locations, and have no interest in trying to change your mind tbh.

Genuine question... does a daft flag or players "taking the knee" change the attitudes of creatins like the one pictured here?

Its virtue signalling nonsense and plenty of decent folk are fed up having it rammed down their throats.

Well what a crying shame isn’t it. I’m sure guys like Zaha are probably sick of being subjected to this sort of vile shite or seeing others being subjected to it, and I’m sure Morelos didn’t like it either. But as long as you don’t have the suffer the indignity of seeing football players making a gesture that lasts mere seconds that’s what really matters. “Rammed down your throat”, geez peace mate, you’ve always got the options to wait 20 seconds and switch over so it doesn’t bother you.

By the way, I won’t even deny that there are people who simply use it for the purpose of virtue signalling and for their own image, but there are also plenty of other people who’ll support it because they believe in the cause. How would you feel if someone accused Rangers of having the armed forces at Ibrox primarily for a good bit of PR and as part of some virtue signalling exercise? Which is an accusation I have seen levelled by a few others. And by the way, only time will tell how much of an impact it will have had, but at the very least it’ll send out a positive message to kids who watch these games and look up to these athletes.

It’s not an isolated incident though is it. As long as these types exist people should always be free to show their support for any movement promoting racial equality, especially when it’s something as peaceful and inoffensive as players taking a knee, which for some reason seems rile a hell of a lot of folk up, even on here.

And lets be honest this kind of thinking isn’t limited to social media either. From my own experiences of being out there in the big bad world there are still more than enough bad eggs to make promoting racial equality well worth while. Yeah they aren’t a majority by any stretch, but they’re still there, and “ahh forget about this movement, it was just one guy” isn’t the right attitude to have in my personal opinion. But everyone is entitled to theirs.
I can think of a handful of occasions this has happened in this way. When you look at the number of people doing it vs the number of people horrified by it, never mind the number of people simply not doing it, the difference send the perpetrators into such a vanishingly small minority that it is fractions of fractions of a percentage of people. Individuals, even a few individuals, do not prove a case for institutionalised racism.

Okay here we go then.

Let's compile a list of footballers who have been racially abused over the years, and we'll see if a pattern emerges. I'll begin.

Walters. Morelos. Tavernier. Defoe. Van Hooijdonk. Wright. Zaha. Logan. Sterling. Rashford. Pogba. Marega. Kean. Balotelli. Rose. Hudson-Odoi. Deeney. Young. Koulibaly. Lukaku. Rudiger. Diouf. Evra.

Please, everyone feel free to join in. That's just a few off the top of my head.

Well black people are fed up of having racial abuse rammed down their throats, as well as being murdered

Not at all. You are confusing 2 concepts here:

1, Institutional racism needs protests, statues to be torn down, laws to be changed etc to be eradicated.

2, Scum posting horrific shite like that simply need current laws to be enforced properly.

People in group 2 do not justify people protesting about group 1.

Nobody at all is suggesting that there is no racism in the UK. There patently is. BLM are not after the individuals who do these things, they are after an end to institutionalised racism, which these arseholes most certainly are not involved in. A vanishingly small number of people post things like this on social media. People doing so do not justify BLM (or any other group) trying to end institutionalised racism.

I have no idea if there is institutionalised racism in the UK. My gut feeling is that there is not, however, as a white man I have to accept the fact that I simply may be unaware of it and therefore I feel that BLM are 100% justified in their protests IF they genuinely feel that there is an issue. Scumbags like the twitter poster involved here do not justify anything other than the short sharp kick to the stones they deserve (followed by jail time)

Absolute hyperbolic nonsense

It isn't though is it? At least one unarmed black person is killed every two weeks by a police officer. What else would you call the death of George Floyd? The guy knelt on his neck for nine minutes even though he was repeatedly told he couldn't breathe, everything hurt and he was going to die.

Community service,not jail for a tweet ffs.

Horrible behaviour but genuine question. Do you think this type of thing is

a) indicative of the vast, vast majority of people? I don't. So therefore I don't think it's necessary or effective to deter those who will engage in this behaviour. In much the same sense an anti murder campaign isn't necessary and wouldn't deter any would be murderer.

B) a result of the BLM campaign. My opinion is the claiming of racism everywhere angers people who know it not to be the case and as such creates racists or people who will engage in racist behaviour.

You must be unbearably niave if you think this isnt an issue.
Look how many examples of black footballers getting abuse based on the colour of their skin.

You don't think raising awareness and education ould stop this? You not think black people are just a tiny bit sick of being singled out for their skin colour?

I genuinely don't understand why people have a problem with this.

Usual suspects that are all over these threads telling us how bad BLM is and that they are the real racists are conspicuous by their absence here.

Sickening that black people still need to put up with this shit in 2020.

Deary me.

It's almost like you WANT to have an argument so you can point fingers, infact you are pointing fingers already when people stay quiet and say nothing.

The guy who sent him this is a disgrace and should be dealt with.

Look how many examples of black footballers getting abuse based on the colour of their skin.

You don't think raising awareness and education ould stop this? You not think black people are just a tiny bit sick of being singled out for their skin colour?

Sometimes their head is buried so deep in the sand they genuinely cannot see what is going on around them. Most of the time they're just racist.

Do you think the tiny tiny minority of people who would shout something racist will be convinced otherwise by the BLM movement? If so then I think it's you who's being unbelievably naive about the nature of human behaviour.

Do you think the tiny tiny minority of people who would shout something racist will be convinced otherwise by the BLM movement? If so then I think it's you who's being unbelievably naive about the nature of human behaviour.

Oh okay we'll just get on with it then shall we

It isn't though is it? At least one unarmed black person is killed every two weeks by a police officer. What else would you call the death of George Floyd? The guy knelt on his neck for nine minutes even though he was repeatedly told he couldn't breathe, everything hurt and he was going to die.
Double that for the number of whites shot dead by police officers.

Oh okay we'll just get on with it then shall we
My personal opinion is the more interactions we have with folk of other races or nationalities the less animosity we have towards them. It's a natural and organic process which can't be forced.

As I've said, I've seen more racist comments and behaviour in this past month or so than I have for years, and I work in a position where I have to know about a lot of this stuff.

So how should people tackle racist behaviour then?
Sit down and accept it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back