Wilfried Zaha wakes up to racist abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
But apparently players should give up the BLM support because this is Britain and racism ain’t really an issue here - copyright some middle aged white punter

Hope the despicable cùnt is caught and banged up.
every country has people in it who are Racist no matter what colour they are but that doesn't mean the whole country are Racist. As for Black life's matter as a organisation they are not the rves to have that sent to them but don't

Deary me.

It's almost like you WANT to have an argument so you can point fingers, infact you are pointing fingers already when people stay quiet and say nothing.

The guy who sent him this is a disgrace and should be dealt with.

Just because you put something in CAPITALS doesn’t make it true, mate.

Well what a crying shame isn’t it. I’m sure guys like Zaha are probably sick of being subjected to this sort of vile shite or seeing others being subjected to it, and I’m sure Morelos didn’t like it either. But as long as you don’t have the suffer the indignity of seeing football players making a gesture that lasts mere seconds that’s what really matters. “Rammed down your throat”, geez peace mate, you’ve always got the options to wait 20 seconds and switch over so it doesn’t bother you.

By the way, I won’t even deny that there are people who simply use it for the purpose of virtue signalling and for their own image, but there are also plenty of other people who’ll support it because they believe in the cause. How would you feel if someone accused Rangers of having the armed forces at Ibrox primarily for a good bit of PR and as part of some virtue signalling exercise? Which is an accusation I have seen levelled by a few others. And by the way, only time will tell how much of an impact it will have had, but at the very least it’ll send out a positive message to kids who watch these games and look up to these athletes.

I'll choose to teach my kids what's right and what's wrong thanks. We already have "show racism the red card" initiatives in football. My gripe is with the BLM movement which is about more than race

every country has people in it who are Racist no matter what colour they are but that doesn't mean the whole country are Racist. As for Black life's matter as a organisation they are not the innocent mob as the media try to portray them. Nobody deserves to have that sent to them but don't try to make out this country is Racist. We probably take more immigrants and refugees than most of Europe.

The athletes or anyone standing or kneeling for BLM are taking a stance against systemic racism, not in support of Marxism, FFS!
I was going to put all the reasons I disagree but this really isn’t the place for that kind of debate. I will leave it with I really hope someone is able to sit with the guy who sent the tweets and explain to him why it’s unacceptable and hopefully change his views on other races.

So will the players doing a wee kneel stop racists from murdering?

It's certainly bringing further awareness and dialogue, an example being Thierry Henry's actions which got global attention, a guy who has lived and played on both continents. More awareness and discussion will help bring much needed change. Remember that the racist murderer that started this latest round of protests worked for the Minneapolis police force, and would still be in his job without video evidence of his actions.

It's certainly bringing further awareness and dialogue, an example being Thierry Henry's actions which got global attention, a guy who has lived and played on both continents. More awareness and discussion will help bring much needed change. Remember that the racist murderer that started this latest round of protests worked for the Minneapolis police force, and would still be in his job without video evidence of his actions.

Awareness? Is anyone in the world unaware of racism? And what change is being brought about exactely? Racism has always and still is prevalent worldwide.

But apparently players should give up the BLM support because this is Britain and racism ain’t really an issue here - copyright some middle aged white punter

Hope the despicable cùnt is caught and banged up.
You ever stop to think BLM might be aggravating things?

I hadn’t thought about race in 30 years and now I find myself thinking about it daily. Putting people in categories does nothing to help create unity.

Awareness? Is anyone in the world unaware of racism? And what change is being brought about exactely? Racism has always and still is prevalent worldwide.

Quite a few on FF apparently :)

And you've just made and agreed with the BLM argument, i.e. that racism is prevalent worldwide and not enough is being done to change this fact, hence the protests that change is needed now.

A 12 year old with despicable parents
Why does it automatically have to be the parents fault? The internet gives you access to all different kinds of platforms where he could find bigoted pish like that. The lad is 12 and will have thought he was anonymous when saying it, at that age i have a hard time believing he actually means it instead of just being a kid on hard man. Automatically blaming the parents is just lazy

Why does it automatically have to be the parents fault? The internet gives you access to all different kinds of platforms where he could find bigoted pish like that. The lad is 12 and will have thought he was anonymous when saying it, at that age i have a hard time believing he actually means it instead of just being a kid on hard man. Automatically blaming the parents is just lazy
Did he not tweet the same things to Ian Wright?

Can you prove it was a racist murder?. It was an arrest of a criminal that went badly. I haven’t seen a shred of evidence to prove it was anything other than police brutality.

Surely everyone deserves to be treated innocent until proven guilty. Or do we let mob justice rule us now?

You ever stop to think BLM might be aggravating things?

I hadn’t thought about race in 30 years and now I find myself thinking about it daily. Putting people in categories does nothing to help create unity.

Yes I’m sure having to read about it is so difficult for some it’s actually pushing them
towards racism in some sort of retaliatory manner. No, I don’t so, but I do think it’s really agitated a lot of folk who have never been and never will be affected by racism, who aren’t particularly bothered by racism, and who would rather look the other way on the subject matter and accept the status quo. See this thread and several others for ample evidence......

12 year old boy arrested for it. Is there no end to the level of moron these days? Or age limit it would seem.

It depresses the life out of that any of those thoughts would even enter the mind of a 12 year old. F.uck knows what kind of house he lives in.

Yes I’m sure having to read about it is so difficult for some it’s actually pushing them
towards racism in some sort of retaliatory manner. No, I don’t so, but I do think it’s really agitated a lot of folk who have never been and never will be affected by racism, who aren’t particularly bothered by racism, and who would rather look the other way on the subject matter and accept the status quo. See this thread and several others for ample evidence......
Maybe most people hadn’t thought about it because it wasn’t the problem it’s made out to be?

The only way you can tackle racism is to see beyond race. Anything that categorizes people based on skin colour is bound to cause strife.

BLM is openly divisive. Its goals are to destroy western culture. If they were so concerned about the lives of black people why don’t they address some of the problems within the black community, like black on black violence, the glamorization of a gangsta culture?

It’s because they don’t want it to be solved, they have stated goals of destroying everything our forefathers have built, even traditional family values is on their hit list.

Can you prove it was a racist murder?. It was an arrest of a criminal that went badly. I haven’t seen a shred of evidence to prove it was anything other than police brutality.

Surely everyone deserves to be treated innocent until proven guilty. Or do we let mob justice rule us now?

The arrest of a criminal that went badly?! Some mental gymnastics required to watch that video and come to that conclusion. The guy was suspected of trying to use a forged $20 note and this cop knelt on his neck for over 8 minutes, despite even fellow officers telling him they thought he'd stopped breathing.
I've got the evidence of my own eyes, and I don't believe for a second he'd have been executed in that manner if white. You carry on trying to justify it and the cop will go thru the court system like everyone else. Without video evidence however, this would never have reached a court room and that cop would still be working, with the story being that an accident occurred after GF resisted arrest.

Maybe most people hadn’t thought about it because it wasn’t the problem it’s made out to be?

The only way you can tackle racism is to see beyond race. Anything that categorizes people based on skin colour is bound to cause strife.

BLM is openly divisive. Its goals are to destroy western culture. If they were so concerned about the lives of black people why don’t they address some of the problems within the black community, like black on black violence, the glamorization of a gangsta culture?

It’s because they don’t want it to be solved, they have stated goals of destroying everything our forefathers have built, even traditional family values is on their hit list.

Like I said, you’d rather look the other way or blame it on something else, that’s your prerogative. I think it’s a lot of nonsense personally.

I don’t think you really believe the last paragraph, and if you do then you maybrequire a foil hat. By the way, a lot of the forefathers held views that are horribly dated now, reminds me of brain dead yanks and their bleating about their fore fathers and an amendment written long before people were running around with automatic weapons and assault rifles.

This is garbage mate. The movement started to protest against police brutality and persecution of the black communities. It's a very real problem that needs to be addressed, along with a lot of other issues, many of which have originated due to the lack of equal opportunities afforded across the States.

Ju62ueA.gif

:mad:

Reactions: VGM
A lot of people in the thread here really nailing their racist opinions to the mast.

White folk actually saying that racism “wasn’t the problem it’s made out to be” is a phenomenally stupid take.

I have to stop and remind myself that we really do have a horrid little band within our support who just can’t see past their own little bubble.

It’s not an isolated incident though is it. As long as these types exist people should always be free to show their support for any movement promoting racial equality, especially when it’s something as peaceful and inoffensive as players taking a knee, which for some reason seems rile a hell of a lot of folk up, even on here.

And lets be honest this kind of thinking isn’t limited to social media either. From my own experiences of being out there in the big bad world there are still more than enough bad eggs to make promoting racial equality well worth while. Yeah they aren’t a majority by any stretch, but they’re still there, and “ahh forget about this movement, it was just one guy” isn’t the right attitude to have in my personal opinion. But everyone is entitled to theirs.
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone’s got one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back