Wilfried Zaha wakes up to racist abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't you just say that's shocking, hopefully he's going to learn his lesson?

Why does it always have to turn into "racism isn't as big of an issue as being made out"

You realise that people like you are who people point at when arguing it is?
Il
I agree its shocking, and i hope the boy learns his lesson. It was used by other posters as evidence of institutional racism, which it clearly isnt. Thats my point.

Il
I agree its shocking, and i hope the boy learns his lesson. It was used by other posters as evidence of institutional racism, which it clearly isnt. Thats my point.
I haven't seen anyone argue that this is an instance of institutional racism, it obviously isn't.

It is definitely part of a wider problem though and people being so eager to deny that are living proof.

Okay here we go then.

Let's compile a list of footballers who have been racially abused over the years, and we'll see if a pattern emerges. I'll begin.

Walters. Morelos. Tavernier. Defoe. Van Hooijdonk. Wright. Zaha. Logan. Sterling. Rashford. Pogba. Marega. Kean. Balotelli. Rose. Hudson-Odoi. Deeney. Young. Koulibaly. Lukaku. Rudiger. Diouf. Evra.

Please, everyone feel free to join in. That's just a few off the top of my head.

Still waiting for a single example of any white footballer being the victim of racist abuse from either player or public

Racial equality and ending violence against black people

As Israel moves forward with the annexation of the West Bank, and mainstream British politics is gagged of the right to critique Zionism, and Israel’s settler colonial pursuits, we loudly and clearly stand beside our Palestinian comrades. FREE PALESTINE.

That doesnt look like they have much time for Israeli people do their lives not matter to them?

Still waiting for a single example of any white footballer being the victim of racist abuse from either player or public

Feyenoord fans greeted Ajax’s team bus with anti-semitic chants as it arrived at De Kuip in Rotterdam on Wednesday.

As Frank de Boer’s side drove into the stadium they were bombarded with chants of ‘Gas the Jews ole ole’ by close to 2000 home supporters.

After the coach carrying the Amsterdam-based side had parked, a chorus of ‘Hamas, Hamas, Joden aan het gas’ — ‘Hamas, hamas, gas the Jews — began.

As Israel moves forward with the annexation of the West Bank, and mainstream British politics is gagged of the right to critique Zionism, and Israel’s settler colonial pursuits, we loudly and clearly stand beside our Palestinian comrades. FREE PALESTINE.

That doesnt look like they have much time for Israeli people do their lives not matter to them?
It looks like they're pointing out a clear fact that you're not allowed to criticise Zionism without being labelled all sorts.

That's completely irrelevant to the point anyway

It looks like they're pointing out a clear fact that you're not allowed to criticise Zionism without being labelled all sorts.

That's completely irrelevant to the point anyway
Looks the same to me cant criticize blm if you do its looked as racism,same difference.

I'm not sure you can compare a government killing children to a message of anti-racism but I applaud the sheer audacity regardless.
Strapping yourself up with explosives & firing rockets into civilian neighbourhood's to kill innocent people children included through a hatred of them, I would count that as being racist towards a particular section of society, still youd think that would be justified going by your posts.

Strapping yourself up with explosives & firing rockets into civilian neighbourhood's to kill innocent people children included through a hatred of them, I would count that as being racist towards a particular section of society, still youd think that would be justified going by your posts.
Well you've just clearly demonstrated that you don't know much about the situation.

Be honest mate, you decided to support Israel because you saw Celtic fans waving Palestinian flags, didn't you?

Last edited:
Well you've just clearly demonstrated that you don't know much about the situation.

Be honest mate, you decided to support Isreal because you saw Celtic fans waving Palestinian flags, didn't you?
Your saying what I wrote doesnt happen is that what your saying? No that's not the case at all, but you could always stand by them you seem to have alot in common with them with your views on Israel.

Your saying what I wrote doesnt happen is that what your saying? No that's not the case at all, but you could always stand by them you seem to have alot in common with them with your views on Israel.
It's just extremely predictable is all.

I'm not going to go any further with what I think because I'd probably get banned

I think this is both bad but also totally not a national news story (a single individual case of racist abuse). If Harry Kane got called a White C on instagram would it be national news ?. There's racial assaults that don't get national news. If every single bit of racial abuse on the street or social media made national news..they'd be no room for anything else.

I think this is both bad but also totally not a national news story (a single individual case of racist abuse). If Harry Kane got called a White C on instagram would it be national news ?. There's racial assaults that don't get national news. If every single bit of racial abuse on the street or social media made national news..they'd be no room for anything else.
It was in the news because Zaha tweeted it.

Players get 100's of messages like that, one instance is tweeted out and now people are insisting it isn't a problem. It will stay in the media until it is more widely condemned and that's the way it should be.

Last sentence nails it.

So much of that from the idiots on both sides, very odd.
Usually find alot of the idiots you mention are anti racist, anti fascist but are anti semetic but they just cant admit it to themselves.

Usually find alot of the idiots you mention are anti racist, anti fascist but are anti semetic but they just cant admit it to themselves.

I tend to find the idiots are the ones who have no clue about politics but align their opinions on politics, life - whatever - to some outdated idea of what they should think based on the football club they support.

They’re the real bellends.

I tend to find the idiots are the ones who have no clue about politics but align their opinions on politics, life - whatever - to some outdated idea of what they should think based on the football club they support.

mentally challengeds I'd call them, they seem to know every political cause but haven't been near the place they're fighting for.

mentally challengeds I'd call them, they seem to know every political cause but haven't been near the place they're fighting for.

Plenty on this side as well.

You just need to go through some of the threads on here to see that.

It’s not hard to suss them is it. Probably never had an original thought in their lives either.

Plenty on this side as well.

You just need to go through some of the threads on here to see that.
That's a fair point, however not everyone who has a different opinion is clueless or bandwagon jumping through football teams.

But apparently players should give up the BLM support because this is Britain and racism ain’t really an issue here - copyright some middle aged white punter

Hope the despicable cùnt is caught and banged up.
I’d be offended by that if I was that way inclined. What gives you the right to brand middle aged white men racists? Ok it’s some you said but we are all being tarred with same brush. It’s like saying all beans hate catholic’s but we all know that’s not the case. You will be middle aged white man one day mate and I hope your opinion is not tarred as racist or bigoted if you’ve got one. Or allowed one

I’d be offended by that if I was that way inclined. What gives you the right to brand middle aged white men racists? Ok it’s some you said but we are all being tarred with same brush. It’s like saying all beans hate catholic’s but we all know that’s not the case. You will be middle aged white man one day mate and I hope your opinion is not tarred as racist or bigoted if you’ve got one. Or allowed one

At absolutely no point did I say all middle aged white men are racist, in fact at no point did I even say middle white men opposing the BLM gestures in this thread were racist.

And here endeth that particular quarrel.

It’s not an isolated incident though is it. And the bolded part is the biggest problem really, as long as something in backed or given support by ‘the left’ it’s instantly dismissed or even ridiculed by folk who tend to be very conservative. Don’t let the fact that the far left loonies thrive on these sorts of incidents keep you from seeing that it’s still a cause worth well worth backing. And really, it’s not any different to those folk way over on the right who gleefully rub their hands together whenever there’s an incident that involves a Muslim or an asylum seeker or whatever it may be.
Way over on the right? I’m far more worried about those far over on the left

It's almost as if negative generalisations are offensive!

Feyenoord fans greeted Ajax’s team bus with anti-semitic chants as it arrived at De Kuip in Rotterdam on Wednesday.

As Frank de Boer’s side drove into the stadium they were bombarded with chants of ‘Gas the Jews ole ole’ by close to 2000 home supporters.

After the coach carrying the Amsterdam-based side had parked, a chorus of ‘Hamas, Hamas, Joden aan het gas’ — ‘Hamas, hamas, gas the Jews — began.

That is shocking if true......

Certainly not everyone, but a reasonably sized minority.
We can agree on that, anyway dont want to take the thread away off topic, if I've read the article it's not even a teenager who has posted that to zaha, imagine how you must feel as a parent & that was your child.

Way over on the right? I’m far more worried about those far over on the left

Surely the answer is somewhere in the middle?

Surely the response to this thread is ‘that’s fucking terrible, the boy needs hammered’ as opposed to ‘this shouldn’t be news because someone might call Harry Kane a ‘white c*nt’, which is what I’ve already seen on here.

Surely the answer is somewhere in the middle?

Surely the response to this thread is ‘that’s fucking terrible, the boy needs hammered’ as opposed to ‘this shouldn’t be news because someone might call Harry Kane a ‘white c*nt’, which is what I’ve already seen on here.
First sentence is credible. It is terrible but don’t tar us all with same brush I don’t call all young lads wet farts that vote for Nicholas without a clue what they know do I?

What's your point here? You can be black, white, South Asian, East Asian and many others and be Jewish. I asked for instances of racist and based on the fact someone is white.
The point being read that disgusting sentence you wrote back to yourself, if you cant see what's wrong with it you have as much issues as the boy who sent those images to zaha.

First sentence is credible. It is terrible but don’t tar us all with same brush I don’t call all young lads wet farts that vote for Nicholas without a clue what they know do I?

Maybe it’s late and I’m not understanding this, but are you suggesting to me that you know something that somehow makes the sending of that to Zaha NOT terrible?

Your reply to that was "they're not white, they're jewish"

Your words not mine & you dont see anything wrong in writing that comment honestly? After reading what was shouted at Frank de Boer & his team your still trying to justify that comment?

No I don't see anything wrong with my comment. Are you saying my reply suggests I condone and approve the chanting? Because if you are, that's ludicrous. Literally the only thing I did was point out that the abuse you offered up was anti-Semitic as opposed to anti-white. Let me put it in another context.

"Can you give me an example of a mental disability?"

"Arthritis"

"That's a physical disability, not a mental disability."

"That's a disgusting comment, you clearly don't think physically disabled people belong on this planet"

Does that seem like a logical conversation to you? Cause that's the conversation we're currently having

Reactions: CR5
The amount of people in that twitter thread having a go at the police for arresting the boy is embarrassing!

His age doesn’t make it any less racist or any less of a crime. We’re they supposed to say “oh, your 12?! We’ll leave it then.”

I don’t know what I would do if my boy did this when he’s 12. But I know I’ll teach not to look at people differently by skin colour. Just hope it helps him see this sort of thing as wrong!

The amount of people in that twitter thread having a go at the police for arresting the boy is embarrassing!

His age doesn’t make it any less racist or any less of a crime. We’re they supposed to say “oh, your 12?! We’ll leave it then.”

I don’t know what I would do if my boy did this when he’s 12. But I know I’ll teach not to look at people differently by skin colour. Just hope it helps him see this sort of thing as wrong!
I can understand resentment towards the police not dealing with equally serious issues so quickly but for some reason people feel the need to argue as if racism isn't a big deal when it clearly is.

It's like it's all or nothing, you have to be in one camp. It's stupid.

No I don't see anything wrong with my comment. Are you saying my reply suggests I condone and approve the chanting? Because if you are, that's ludicrous. Literally the only thing I did was point out that the abuse you offered up was anti-Semitic as opposed to anti-white. Let me put it in another context.

"Can you give me an example of a mental disability?"

"Arthritis"

"That's a physical disability, not a mental disability."

"That's a disgusting comment, you clearly don't think physically disabled people belong on this planet"

Does that seem like a logical conversation to you? Cause that's the conversation we're currently having
You dont see anything wrong in it that's fine it's your opinion,you stand by it fine, I have my own opinion on it which I've made clear & set it out above in the context it was written.

You dont see anything wrong in it that's fine it's your opinion,you stand by it fine, I have my own opinion on it which I've made clear & set it out above in the context it was written.
Your "opinion" is an accusation that you can't add any substance to.

I can understand resentment towards the police not dealing with equally serious issues so quickly but for some reason people feel the need to argue as if racism isn't a big deal when it clearly is.

It's like it's all or nothing, you have to be in one camp. It's stupid.
He was arrested was arrested quickly because it was a simple task to find and apprehend him. There a lot of hoops for the police to jump through before they nab someone for domestic abuse, or an assault or a burglary or drug dealing.

Part of the problem though is that the police do try to nail people for as many crimes or instances as they can. That will delay things and make going through the CPS more difficult.

It has to be recognised how much more clear cut some cases are to others. But the police seem to be public enemy #1 right now.

Not read the whole thread, just skimmed through.
Am I correct in saying that the consensus is that, because a 12 year old kid is a racist twat, it:
a) proves racism is rife in the uk (because)
b) all white (male?) people over 40 are racists?

Strange times.
Yes but if you think that’s a lot of shite, you’re probably in cat b as well.

Your "opinion" is an accusation that you can't add any substance to.

His reply to that was "they're not white, they're jewish"

I refer you to the post as well, chants of "gas the Jews & hamas" & he comes away with "they're not white,they're jewish", and your still trying to justify that.

Cannae be arsed reading the thread as it's full of shite.

Don't even know what was said on the Twitter.

I do know it was a child that posted it. That's right a phuckin child.

So it's not racism but just a wee daftie. A child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back