Wilfried Zaha wakes up to racist abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feyenoord fans greeted Ajax’s team bus with anti-semitic chants as it arrived at De Kuip in Rotterdam on Wednesday.

As Frank de Boer’s side drove into the stadium they were bombarded with chants of ‘Gas the Jews ole ole’ by close to 2000 home supporters.

After the coach carrying the Amsterdam-based side had parked, a chorus of ‘Hamas, Hamas, Joden aan het gas’ — ‘Hamas, hamas, gas the Jews — began.

His reply to that was "they're not white, they're jewish"

I refer you to the post as well, chants of "gas the Jews & hamas" & he comes away with "they're not white,they're jewish", and your still trying to justify that.

Have a lie down and a large grouse. You're bonkers

As far as punishment goes it’s a hard one, blame parents? Blame the school? Sentence the kid to some kind of juvenile detention centre? All three?

As far as punishment goes it’s a hard one, blame parents? Blame the school? Sentence the kid to some kind of juvenile detention centre? All three?
I think it would have to be a bit of all 3, wonder how the parents are feeling at this time? Have they not took an interest in the child? Was it people around him at his school & if so where were the teachers & youd think there must be some sort of punishment for him would a caution be enough of a punishment?

I think it would have to be a bit of all 3, wonder how the parents are feeling at this time? Have they not took an interest in the child? Was it people around him at his school & if so where were the teachers & youd think there must be some sort of punishment for him would a caution be enough of a punishment?
I would be absolutely mortified if my 12 year old done that, however his parents might be racist scumbags or they might be highly respectable individuals. You just don’t know. If the children’s panel or whatever version they have down there still exists I hope they look into all these avenues and genuinely try to discover its cause and a remedy, instead of just hammering in order to make headlines

I would be absolutely mortified if my 12 year old done that, however his parents might be racist scumbags or they might be highly respectable individuals. You just don’t know. If the children’s panel or whatever version they have down there still exists I hope they look into all these avenues and genuinely try to discover its cause and a remedy, instead of just hammering in order to make headlines
Totally agree,I'd like to think the authorities will have to have a right good look into why this has happened & not just rush into a quick punishment.

Racial equality and ending violence against black people

Wrong...

Here's from their own website.

BLM’s #WhatMatters2020 will focus on issues concerning racial injustice, police brutality, criminal justice reform, Black immigration, economic injustice, LGBTQIA+ and human rights, environmental injustice, access to healthcare, access to quality education, and voting rights and suppression.

That's a lot wider than you seemed to think?

Black lives matter is a statement, it's not in reference to the organisation.

The sooner people realise this, the sooner the organisation won't have valid reason to exist.

You're more concerned with calling out perceived Marxism than blatant racism and that's why players are keen to do this stuff.

Subtle change of emphasis there, even though you know the guy I was quoting specifically typed in "BLM", you've go on a different route of the general principle of "Black lives matter."

What was sent was disgusting, childish and also an indictment on their upbringing.

But in the end, there was a massive backlash and outpouring of support for talented and well liked guy like Zaha, who won't want for support or opportunities.

Sadly, the fear of the "other" is innate to the human condition and to try to eradicate it means going into the wiring that we generated as early hominids and is cross referenced to feelings of family and community.

Compared to most countries, the UK is pretty much post-racial politics despite what the race baiters would claim (the demand for Nazis outstrips the supply is a good observation) and that outcomes for various groups outstrip that of the majority population.

Oh yeah, I know what you mean. You can more or less tell what these guys are like based off of that alone. Probably heavy set, balding, no doubt they were the school bully at one point too, always want to be alpha males and make a conscious effort to assert their masculinity. It’s just a big playground game of left vs right for simple minds.

I just think it’s sad that they’ll oppose a very worthwhile message simply because some far left groups want to indulge in it for themselves. You’d think a little bit of critical thought and common sense would tell them they can still have their beef with the loonies of the far left whilst supporting the same cause. I wonder if his ilk would repeat their stance to guys like Morelos, Defoe and Tavernier if they had the opportunity....

Classic, it's a lot easier to hate people when you caricature them?

You probably shouldn't type everything that comes into your head.

12 year old arrested... ffs he should have had his arse leathered and that be the end of it. #oldbastard

12yr old acts like a moron troll on the Internet, hold the front page... People here looking to lynch the parents for perceived family of NAZIS. Get a grip.

Acting like a “moron troll” would be him telling Zaha he was “shit”

Not sending him pictures of hooded Klansmen.

The article states the 12yr old was arrested I suspect under PACE the boys parents were spoken to by Police and a date and time for interview was arranged. A custody Sergeant may well have refused the arrest as the criteria for arrest isn't met. The boys name DOB address etc were known there is no need for a arrest.

Classic, it's a lot easier to hate people when you caricature them?

You probably shouldn't type everything that comes into your head.

You should really heed your own advice old chap. So far you’ve done an absolutely bang up job of proving the initial point I made back on page 1. As far as caricaturing people of a certain political leaning goes, that is never more prevalent on here that when it’s applied to those lefty students with their “pink hair” and “soy lattes” (you’ve even got a ‘like’ from fella responsible for that example, how’s that for a nice dose of irony and compete lack of self-awareness).

So yeah, heed your own advice fella. Unless your intention was to prove my point and put a custard pie in your own face, in which case carry on because you’re doing a grand job in spite of a valiant attempt at posturing yourself as someone who has some sort of insight into these matters.

It must be so demoralising for players to receive abuse like this.

I can’t imagine going to work and having to deal with this.

This thread is genuinely bonkers.
Here’s my thoughts on a few things that came into mind as I was reading through it.
Is this evidence of a racial problem in the UK? Not on its own, but when you look at the response to it and the numerous other examples then it because evidence of a racism problem.
The whole Soy Latte pish? Being against an anti-racism movement because you don’t like leftie students is honestly the most baffling thing in the world.
My favourite part of it though is the middle aged white men getting offended by the characterisation that most people who are opposed to blm etc. are middle aged white men. Nobody has said every middle aged white man is racist, the majority aren’t. Unfortunately there’s a large minority that are and until we have a clear conversation where people understand that you aren’t being accused of being racist BECAUSE you are a middle aged white man, then there won’t be change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back