Will Beale persist with Alfie?

His physical condition is an absolute disgrace, his discipline is shocking and his application completely unprofessional for way too long.

Time's up and as far as I can see he seems to have no real desire to change. Pretty sad all round if it is to end this way but all of this is down to Alfredo and Alfredo alone.

Loved Morelos. Fell out with many a poster trying to defend him over the years. Had enough of his carry on now and he’s even fatter than before the break. Shocking condition to be in. I suppose sitting swallying on a beach next to your Mrs when you should be putting in the hard graft does that to you.

I think it’s time for MB to be allowed to evaluate the player and see if Alfie can be revitalised.
It is evident that many on here see the solution getting rid of Alfredo but what is unsaid is who do you replace him with as we would be left with only Colak as a centre forward.
I don’t think Roofe can be seriously considered due to his injury issues.
It seems to me that a refocused Alfredo would be the best option.
I don't think we'll ever see a refocused morelos though. Even at his best we never ever managed a full season out of him. Barring small short term moments, he's been off form for a long time now. Too long to ever get back to his best for me.

Alfie is in the last chance saloon imo
Miles off it and has been for a long time.
I’d love to see the old Alfie back rag dolling defences and scoring goals , but if he doesn’t get fit and wee see a big improvement , I’d let him go sadly and find another striker

Yes he will it’s his job to do so.
I think he’ll get a tune out of Alfie and he’ll sign a new contract,
I think Alfie will leave in 2024

Jumped out as hellishly good man management of all Morelos Roofe and Colak yesterday. Saying he wants Morelos and Roofe fully fit and firing. Although Colak has been (for me) by far our best player and a great signing, he now has to prove himself again to the new manager who may have preference for 'his own' men. If we get all 3 fit and scoring we will be unstoppable.

Would be ridiculous if he doesn't. The guy is a talent and at his best he is a potential match winner and a critical link in how the team plays. The question for me is how long rather than will MB persevere. Ultimately AM will provide the answer to that.

I would hope that MB uses every useful & practical resource available to him
& I'd include giving Alfie every chance to redeem himself as a worthwhile resource

Alfie has got his work cut out to try & oust Colak - but like other posts above have mentioned - I'm not convinced MB's style, set-up, system or formations will favour Colak's current position

We've suffered enough from injuries - so heaven forbid we get any more - but being realistic - we can't tell if we're going to have to rely on Alfie at some stage

I think it's pretty silly to write off anyone right now - especially Alfie IMO

The guy is an enigma, he either needs a complete boot In the balls or an arm wrapped around him… no other player gets the leeway with the fans that the buff does, i hope he can get back to the player he was but i think the time has come for him to move on and i say that with a very heavy heart

So we all sit back and see if Morelos is up for it ?
He’s a man child. Hindsight is a great thing but should have been punted at the height of his value.
I don’t see Beale making a blind bit of difference with him .

Yes he will it’s his job to do so.
I think he’ll get a tune out of Alfie and he’ll sign a new contract,
I think Alfie will leave in 2024
That's very specific for a hunch, I hope it doesn't come true haha as it would mean Alfie has to get fit and firing and bang them in for a year, and going by current form and previous history it doesn't look like it will materialise.

I don't think we'll ever see a refocused morelos though. Even at his best we never ever managed a full season out of him. Barring small short term moments, he's been off form for a long time now. Too long to ever get back to his best for me.
That may be the case, however MB will be the arbiter and deserves the time in order to do this.
Unfortunately many people on here want to act as judge and jury and made their decision.

I think Beale will give him a chance, same as every other player, so it comes down to Morelos himself , does he care enough? I don’t think so

Time for him to go.
Beale will try his best & I'd love Alfie to screw the nut bit just don't see it.
The press conference he gave was interesting when he said there are a couple of players who's value isn't what it once was.
At the very least I hope Alfie rediscovers form & gets his value back up then shift him.

Problem with Morelos is he looks a good few solid training weeks off physical Fitness and only after that might he be able to convert that to match sharpness - if he screws the nut, feels like we might see the real Morelos in feb at the earliest.

The ball is firmly in Alfie’s court regarding his future career with Glasgow Rangers FC under Beale. He needs to pin his ears back and listen to every word that Beale says to him about his behaviour on and off the park and hopefully this will finally sink in to his brain. Let’s hope the player rises to the challenge.

Alfie has let us down far too many times and is all out of chances. His attitude has been a joke and this season he has done nothing to suggest he should come straight into the side just because Beale is back.

Yes.

I could see Colak looking totally out of place under the general style of football Beale will look to play.

Not if we move the ball with pace, support him and get bodies near him and runners in the box.

What we need is everyone singing from the same hymn sheet, we also need a fit and on form Morelos and Roofe to push Čolak even further.

Gone are the days of our wide men hugging the touchline and one man in the box, hopefully.

Really trying to not stick the boot in. But for me Morelos is done here.

As a higher earner, supposed tallisman and focal point of the team his attitude and application has been rotten for far too long.

I get Gio perhaps chucked him under the bus, but did he help himself at all during that?

His discipline, the circus every transfer and international break window. His poor League goal return over the piece and his unwillingness to continue to put in the required effort has led me to no longer back him.

He isn't deserving any more of the status and stature he himself earned.

He's ruined himself.

There’s no way we’re giving him a new deal on his current money, it would be absolute madness.

That's very specific for a hunch, I hope it doesn't come true haha as it would mean Alfie has to get fit and firing and bang them in for a year, and going by current form and previous history it doesn't look like it will materialise.
Beale is not daft though, He knows if he gets Alfie firing again it'll help the team and well at least get something for him rather than let him run down his contract

Genuine Question here

His record domestically for a number 1 striker in terms of goals is awful considering.

Combine that with largely the same pool of players that are older and a guy that by recent evidence is past his Rangers peak what’s going to change?

He needs moved on ASAP.

There are other underperforming players this season like Kent, Tav, Borna, Kamara etc. who I can see returning to form under a recognised system that plays to their strengths, but for me Alfie wants out and has looked like he has for a long time.

I get the impression he thinks he's better than Rangers & Scottish football at times, when really he'd be lucky to get a good English Championship side the way he's going.

He needs moved on ASAP.

There are other underperforming players this season like Kent, Tav, Borna, Kamara etc. who I can see returning to form under a recognised system that plays to their strengths, but for me Alfie wants out and has looked like he has for a long time.

I get the impression he thinks he's better than Rangers & Scottish football at times, when really he'd be lucky to get a good English Championship side the way he's going.
That's the thing what level of team could he get now?

Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to South America or possibly somewhere like a mid-table Portuguese side.
Yes, he really limited himself to what level of club comes in for him, I can see him looking back and wishing he had been more professional at us.

He will but he shouldn't, sadly I’d just like us to move on from the situation, contract expiring in 6 months also adds to the story,

He had months to get fit and didn’t , he could of applied himself and didn’t, I try not to think of we could of cashed in and didn’t, we bought a player for around 1m and what joy we had from it, but it’s soured now and best to part and move on

He will but he shouldn't, sadly I’d just like us to move on from the situation, contract expiring in 6 months also adds to the story,

He had months to get fit and didn’t , he could of applied himself and didn’t, I try not to think of we could of cashed in and didn’t, we bought a player for around 1m and what joy we had from it, but it’s soured now and best to part and move on
Could have, or Could’ve.

We all know what Buff can bring to the team. Unfortunately I don’t think his heart is in it anymore. If we got any kind of offer I’d take it

A lot seem to think MB is just going to turn up and draw the same conclusions as they do talking in the pub after the game.

He will absolutely try to get the best out of Alfie for obvious reasons-he’s by far our best option up front

Give him two games, if it's not to standard then he trains with the reserves so to speak till he goes in June.

All I know is that I don’t want Alfie to leave on a downer or for nothing. So I hope he gets a new contract and plays well enough to get a good bid in the summer.

A lot seem to think MB is just going to turn up and draw the same conclusions as they do talking in the pub after the game.

He will absolutely try to get the best out of Alfie for obvious reasons-he’s by far our best option up front
By far our best option?

2019 version - agreed.

That was 3 years ago, a long time in football.

The Morelos we’ve seen for the last 4 months wouldn’t get a regular start with any top 6 SPL team.

We also seen the rotten Morelos last season up until Gio arrived and got a couple of months of decent games out of him.

Many get misty eyed over Morelos when the reality is in his full career with us, his best run of top form lasted 4 months in the 2019 season. Perhaps that run of form was a peak and a rarity as there’s no evidence at all which suggests that spell of form is the norm.

Every season he’s been here we’ve had 4 months of good form followed by 4 months of the woeful version of Morelos that at times resembles a pub player.

By far our best option?

2019 version - agreed.

That was 3 years ago, a long time in football.

The Morelos we’ve seen for the last 4 months wouldn’t get a regular start with any top 6 SPL team.

We also seen the rotten Morelos last season up until Gio arrived and got a couple of months of decent games out of him.

Many get misty eyed over Morelos when the reality is in his full career with us, his best run of top form lasted 4 months in the 2019 season. Perhaps that run of form was a peak and a rarity as there’s no evidence at all which suggests that spell of form is the norm.

Every season he’s been here we’ve had 4 months of good form followed by 4 months of the woeful version of Morelos that at times resembles a pub player.
Let’s see what MB does

A revitalised, focused, new Morelos fully fit for 10 minutes then launch his next dummy out the pram. He is fast becoming bigger than the club if we persist

'For years' we relied on Alfie, and only Alfie, to get us through dozens of games. He also has broken our European goal scoring record.

There's a massive amount of short-sighted disrespect shown to him considering some of the absolute sh*t he's had to put up with from the media and fans of literally every single club in this country on a weekly basis for years.

Too many of our support, you included it seems, dont acknowledge the crap he's had to put up with and are just so pathetically eager to peddle some timmy nonsense that he's one of the most overrated players to have played for us in recent history.

He isn't, he's been a fantastic player for us and deserves more respect than is been shown by a few iditos in our support, like yourself.
Respect Morelos doesn't know the meaning of the word I can't think of another player who has showed the club more disrespect over the years than what we've had to put up with in him.

He has contributed with some big goals and has undoubtedly been the best we've had in that position for a very long time and the only reason he has been tolerated was because of the chance of a big profit. That is no longer the case.

I don't think he should be even offered a new deal but if he is and isn't prepared to sign it for Beale right away he needs forced out in this window and that goes for Kent to.

In my opinion if Beale puts his faith in Morelos he's playing with fire already because it could be the recipe for his own failure. He would be 4th choice at best at Celtic and we've guys here wanting him to be our number one and expecting us to close the gap.

Move on..

Back