Will Beale persist with Alfie?

Respect Morelos doesn't know the meaning of the word I can't think of another player who has showed the club more disrespect over the years than what we've had to put up with in him.

He has contributed with some big goals and has undoubtedly been the best we've had in that position for a very long time and the only reason he has been tolerated was because of the chance of a big profit. That is no longer the case.

I don't think he should be even offered a new deal but if he is and isn't prepared to sign it for Beale right away he needs forced out in this window and that goes for Kent to.

In my opinion if Beale puts his faith in Morelos he's playing with fire already because it could be the recipe for his own failure. He would be 4th choice at best at Celtic and we've guys here wanting him to be our number one and expecting us to close the gap.

Move on..

Pile of piss.

Respect Morelos doesn't know the meaning of the word I can't think of another player who has showed the club more disrespect over the years than what we've had to put up with in him.

He has contributed with some big goals and has undoubtedly been the best we've had in that position for a very long time and the only reason he has been tolerated was because of the chance of a big profit. That is no longer the case.

I don't think he should be even offered a new deal but if he is and isn't prepared to sign it for Beale right away he needs forced out in this window and that goes for Kent to.

In my opinion if Beale puts his faith in Morelos he's playing with fire already because it could be the recipe for his own failure. He would be 4th choice at best at Celtic and we've guys here wanting him to be our number one and expecting us to close the gap.

Move on..
4th choice at best at the scum?

BOAK

You've got some serious man love for Alfie boarding on toxic love.

No matter what he does and how many times he lets down the club and how unprofessional he is it's all good in your eyes?

He doesn't want to be here and hasn't for a long time, Alfie cares about himself not the club.
Haha Morelos is the best centre forward at the club,what part you disagreeing with?

Only one man can answer that question and that’s Alfredo. If he wants it and puts in the effort Beale will play him.

This.

For me, his attitude and contribution this season was a step too far and I’d rather he was chased out the door in January.

Every season there’s something with Morelos causing issues with the club.

And even if Beale gets him playing, we all know deep down we’ll have something else next season to contend with.

For £35k a week or so which he earns, we can do so much better than a guy that averages less than 15 league goals a season.

Personally fed up with the Morelos circus and can’t wait to see the back of him.

Even if he extends, and gets back playing well, I don’t see us ever getting a big fee for him with his age and the fact we’ve only ever received one credible bid in 5 years for him.

The way some fans are happy to ignore his extensive list of nonsense really puzzles me. It’s cult like weird behaviour.

For me, he’s one of our most overrated players in years.
When he got sent off against Hibs and laughing as he walked off.. He should be finished

He will have to show the manager something in training, something that has been missing from his game for the past 18 months.

The Alfie he left here? Wouldn't be a question. I honestly don't think he has enough time left on his contract to get to an acceptable level of fitness. And that's without mentioning his attitude, commitment or motivation.

If he somehow turns his form around completely then I would consider offering Alfredo a new two-year deal on significantly reduced terms, with the caveat that it would be renegotiated if he was to produce the goods over a sustained period of time.

Of course this is never going to happen and he will likely head-off to a lesser club, not even in a big-five league.

He hasn`t been the best since he came back from his injury but if we just got rid of him then we are left with Colak. In all honesty Roofe may well come back but for how long? Sakala is just not reliable as he`s too inconsistent. It would clearly suit both parties if Morelos can get back in shape and scoring enough that we can get some money for him rather than loose him for nothing.

Morelos needs to be told he is behind Colak.Up to him whether he takes it on board.

Haha Morelos is the best centre forward at the club,what part you disagreeing with?
A peak Alfie? Absolutely mate, it’s not even close.

But this season? No way, he has been a poor imitation of his past self. Injury explains part of it but not all of it.

Surely even you have to admit his attitude and professionalism have been dodgy at times?

Tell you what let’s see how Michael Beale wants to set up his team and what players he wants to pick. If he starts Morelos against Hibs half of people can just boo him and tell him what they think and the other half can get behind the new regime to start with and hope he gets back in some form. If he scores against Hibs let’s see who says I but he doesn’t care and not celebrate along with him.
Im glad we don’t have a follow follow management team, we would never get a team out!

Fans have written Morelos off every season he’s been here and every single time he’s bounced back (and then usually signed a new deal). The routine has become tiresome and you would’ve thought we might have got used to it by now.

Fans have written Morelos off every season he’s been here and every single time he’s bounced back (and then usually signed a new deal). The routine has become tiresome and you would’ve thought we might have got used to it by now.
Here’s a mad idea.

Why can’t the player just knuckle down and behave for a full season?

Every other player can manage to do it.

The hoops some jump through to defend him and deflect, like you’re doing, is tiresome.

I don't think that's the truth at all in fact it's quite the opposite I think the problem is some supporters/posters overrated him and now they just cannot admit he's not pushed on like he should have.
That's mainly down to Morelos as he's just not developed as well as we all initially thought.

Think there's an opportunity to raise his stock again under Beale. Will be interesting to see how he responds.

Here’s a mad idea.

Why can’t the player just knuckle down and behave for a full season?

Every other player can manage to do it.

The hoops some jump through to defend him and deflect, like you’re doing, is tiresome.
Who cares? I’d rather an exception Morelos for half a season than someone shite for a full season - which does happen often.

Who cares? I’d rather an exception Morelos for half a season than someone shite for a full season - which does happen often.
So in other words, treat a player as being bigger than the club?

Had it not been for the World Cup break, Colak would already have surpassed Morelos total league goals for last season within less than half the time.

Colak also scored 2/3 of our goals in the CL playoff match.

The idea that there’s no one else out there we could bring in that would give us more than Morelos is nonsense when we have a striker on our books that’s been scoring goals regularly in a team that didn’t create a lot of chances under Gio.

Personally I can’t wait to see how many Colak will score with far greater service.

Time to accept Morelos is no longer the player of his 4 months of top form in 2019

I think we'd all love to see the fit and highly capable Morelos back to his best then signing a new deal...

And then we need to sell him in the summer for as much as possible and be done with him because he'll revert to type again soon enough.

It's just how he is and why we should have sold him to Lille when we had the chance.

So in other words, treat a player as being bigger than the club?

Had it not been for the World Cup break, Colak would already have surpassed Morelos total league goals for last season within less than half the time.

Colak also scored 2/3 of our goals in the CL playoff match.

The idea that there’s no one else out there we could bring in that would give us more than Morelos is nonsense when we have a striker on our books that’s been scoring goals regularly in a team that didn’t create a lot of chances under Gio.

Personally I can’t wait to see how many Colak will score with far greater service.

Time to accept Morelos is no longer the player of his 4 months of top form in 2019

No, no “other words”. We play in Scotland; all of our players will generally be inconsistent or shite. Alf is inconsistent (for reasons that are flaws in his character). I therefore don’t view him as more or less than other Rangers players who are similarly inconsistent. That isn’t treating him differently; it isn’t constantly picking him out for special criticism - it’s the opposite. Borna puts in less impressive performances than Alf, so does Jack (injury), so does Davo (age), so does Kamara (inconsistency). If he’s still contributing (over the whole course) as much as these others, then I won’t get too screamy or stomp my feet. It’s pretty simple.

MB will probably pick him in his first couple of games in charge and I fear that we will be having this debate again pretty soon thereafter.

No, no “other words”. We play in Scotland; all of our players will generally be inconsistent or shite. Alf is inconsistent (for reasons that are flaws in his character). I therefore don’t view him as more or less than other Rangers players who are similarly inconsistent. That isn’t treating him differently; it isn’t constantly picking him out for special criticism - it’s the opposite. Borna puts in less impressive performances than Alf, so does Jack (injury), so does Davo (age), so does Kamara (inconsistency). If he’s still contributing (over the whole course) as much as these others, then I won’t get too screamy or stomp my feet. It’s pretty simple.
Not one of those players earn £30k plus a week, turn up severely overweight to pre season, get sent off time after time for nonsense, return late from international duty, give half arsed effort on the pitch nor do they get left behind for crucial games due to attitude and application issues.

Not one of those players earn £30k plus a week, turn up severely overweight to pre season, get sent off time after time for nonsense, return late from international duty, give half arsed effort on the pitch nor do they get left behind for crucial games due to attitude and application issues.

Morelos clearly comes with problems. As do most of our squad - whether inconsistency or injury. Look how much Helander has contributed for the cost - nobody goes on about him a tenth as much as Morelos.

Of course his list of negatives are evident, but personally I prefer to be more considered with what we do get from him (rather than what we don’t) - and what we do get is more than most in the squad (and thus his positives outweigh his negatives more than others - who aren’t singled out anywhere near as much).

Clearly we have different logic and different ways of getting worked up - but I’d much rather a squad of Morelos’s than Helander’s and Jack’s.

The most hated man in Scottish football sent off more than anyone else yet has never ever been a dirty player. In a league of cloggers . Sadly he hasn't shown his true potential .

Morelos clearly comes with problems. As do most of our squad - whether inconsistency or injury. Look how much Helander has contributed for the cost - nobody goes on about him a tenth as much as Morelos.

Of course his list of negatives are evident, but personally I prefer to be more considered with what we do get from him (rather than what we don’t) - and what we do get is more than most in the squad (and thus his positives outweigh his negatives more than others - who aren’t singled out anywhere near as much).

Clearly we have different logic and different ways of getting worked up - but I’d much rather a squad of Morelos’s than Helander’s and Jack’s.
Comparing him to Helander is bizarre tbh given his issues have been injuries, not form or attitude problems.

I’d rather a squad of players that won’t phone it in for half of every season or let teammates, managers and the fans down repeatedly in various different ways but that’s just me.

Comparing him to Helander is bizarre tbh given his issues have been injuries, not form or attitude problems.

I’d rather a squad of players that won’t phone it in for half of every season or let teammates, managers and the fans down repeatedly in various different ways but that’s just me.
Mate, that’s my entire point. To me, it doesn’t matter what their issues are - whether they’re just incapable, have mental health problems, cultural problems, injury problems, whatever - the important aspect is surely how much they contribute - rather than reasons why when they don’t. That comes higher up my list.

We play in Scotland, players aren’t going to be perfect - so surely it’s better to just acknowledge who does contribute. You can be the nicest guy in the world, but if you’re always injured - I’d prefer a moody bastard who contributes more.

Mate, that’s my entire point. To me, it doesn’t matter what their issues are - whether they’re just incapable, have mental health problems, cultural problems, injury problems, whatever - the important aspect is surely how much they contribute - rather than reasons why when they don’t. That comes higher up my list.

We play in Scotland, players aren’t going to be perfect - so surely it’s better to just acknowledge who does contribute. You can be the nicest guy in the world, but if you’re always injured - I’d prefer a moody bastard who contributes more.
But no one I have seen is wanting us to retain the services of Helander, Jack, Davis etc.

I could understand your point if folk wanted the above to stay but didn’t want Morelos to stay.

But IMO the lot of them you mentioned should be punted no later than the summer.

Helander is injured why would people go off at him?
You have to wonder with his goal tally is he worth the problem obviously not as Colak equalled his goal tally last year easily enough and his goals qualified us for a Champions League something no striker has done in years..

But no one I have seen is wanting us to retain the services of Helander, Jack, Davis etc.

I could understand your point if folk wanted the above to stay but didn’t want Morelos to stay.

But IMO the lot of them you mentioned should be punted no later than the summer.

Don’t think it’s about staying or not staying, but it’s simply obvious that Morelos gets a lot more attention and criticism than those mentioned - yet over the 5 years, has clearly contributed a lot more. That’s always been my point - and was my point you laughed at. I’ll leave it there as I’m heading out for a few beers. Enjoy your weekend!

Will Beale persist with Alfie?
Depends on whether he wants to take us forward or backwards?

For me - no thanks.

We should be drawing a line in the sand and moving forward, as a new chapter opens, without Morelos, Kent, etc. They're part of the past - not the future.

Very little is to be achieved by trying to re-live the past, IMO.

He may be able to get him to screw the nut for a while but I'm sure we all know his next episode of unprofessionalism or indiscipline won't be too far away.

No doubt he has talent and when he is on it he is brilliant BUT he frustrates the daylights out of us.

We just do not know who which Alfie will turn up.

Will the manager persist with him - depends how much time he needs to be given individually by the manager to make him the best version of himself on that pitch week in week out and if that is too much distraction from the rest of the team then he has to go.

For me, his time is up and should have gone after we won the title, like a few of the other players I think that season was the best version we could get from them and at the end of the season was the time to capsulise on that rebuild stronger.

I think he will keep him but Alfie might want away as he won’t play every game as Colak is in form and we have a “one up front” tactic.
However what I will say in defence of his fitness is the majority of not all of the players slowly chucked it under Gio.
He was out injured and lost fitness but they doesn’t mean he will be impervious to the same feelings of chucking it - that would make it even harder to get back fit.

He likes Beale’s style and thrives under it, so I think the attitude side is solved by the new manager however he needs to play every game or he will want away IMO.

The answer should be a really straightforward one based on the answer to another question: Is he signing a new deal?

If Alfie is for the off then we would be utterly wasting our time trying to get him fit, motivated and up to match speed. The season is well under way and we have a player who is overweight and uninterested. If he wants to go we have had a great return from him, but we have to look forwards.

If he signs a new deal, get him on the park and work on getting him going properly so we can see the benefit.

Back