Will Beale persist with Alfie?

Yes.

I could see Colak looking totally out of place under the general style of football Beale will look to play.
If that is true then Beale is wrong manager. His job is to get the best out the squad he has. I think Colak will do just fine. Once our fans are realistic about his level. He is a Boyd type player, will score against poorer teams but not in the biggest games. Not our first choice striker.

But a great addition to our squad.

If that is true then Beale is wrong manager. His job is to get the best out the squad he has. I think Colak will do just fine. Once our fans are realistic about his level. He is a Boyd type player, will score against poorer teams but not in the biggest games. Not our first choice striker.

Why wouldn’t he score in the biggest games?

Think people forget Alfie was injured for a long time never got chance to be match fit was publicly ridiculed in the media for weight & fitness when the manager should have supported him in this cesspit of Scottish media especially since they hate Alfie, if he felt so strongly he should have ridiculed him behind closed doors if he honestly believed Alfie wasn’t trying, one of the huge calls he got wrong, Beale will treat him differently and we will see a different Alfie.

He scored 2 of our 3 goals in our biggest two games of the season thus far ….

Colak got off to a fantastic start with us but his scoring rate was way above his XG at the beginning of the season. He had started leveling off over the few weeks before the break.

Over weight, unfit, non trier who for the season to date has been on holiday, I doubt very much that MB will suffer this stuff, I expect him gone in January or dropped out of the 1st team squad.

Colak got off to a fantastic start with us but his scoring rate was way above his XG at the beginning of the season. He had started leveling off over the few weeks before the break.
No wonder, we should focus on the fact he actually scored the goals he did in a team with such dreadful tactics and not the few games he didnt as the service is rank.

If he had a partner we would see an even better return.

XG just sounds like bollocks as well tbh and yes maybe cos i dont take the time to understand it.

The sideshow has been going on too long, when he's good he's good and the other half the time he can't be relied upon. He's given us some great moments but I hope we both move on.

When he doesn’t score he’s a man down

Can’t remember what game it was but there was a whole half of football he never touched the ball

Can we carry that ?

No wonder, we should focus on the fact he actually scored the goals he did in a team with such dreadful tactics and not the few games he didnt as the service is rank.

If he had a partner we would see an even better return.

XG just sounds like bollocks as well tbh and yes maybe cos i dont take the time to understand it.

Morelos had 7 in 10 under the same tactics before his injury. He now has 3 in 300 minutes this season.

Colak has 11 in 14.

Yet folk go on like it’s winning the lottery vs getting Ebola.

Would imagine MB will treat Alfie no differently from the rest of the squad...If Alfie buckles down and proves to the management team he is as fit and hungry as poss. he will keep his place...If not he will be away.

No point keeping any of the squad who don't give 100% each and every week.

Morelos had 7 in 10 under the same tactics before his injury. He now has 3 in 300 minutes this season.

Colak has 11 in 14.

Yet folk go on like it’s winning the lottery vs getting Ebola.
He had two in ten in the last ten games before his injury, he now has three in nineteen games this season.

I don't see why some try to play down Colak this season he's been the one bright light, denigrating Colak will not make Morelos a better player.

Last edited:
Again -- the worry is that Alfie will raise his game and then it will drop off again after the January window has shut.

Even if I was a complete newbie to Rangers and Scottish football, as a new Manager of our club I'd be reluctant to be pinning so much hope onto players who have clearly dropped their game (for one reason or another).

Beale could pin a load of hopes on Alfie (and others) and see the fortunes of Rangers and himself crash, all for misguided faith in being able to revitalise players who most of us would be happy to see the backs of.
If he does see fit to persevere with them, let's hope they don't let him and us down.
But there's that word again ..."hope".

Edit: Just read the quotes attributed to Beale about replacing and moving on anyone who doesn't step up, so looks like the new Manager isn't going to be fooled or faffed about.

Last edited:
Past the point of no return with Morelos. Far too many red flags over 5 years to rely on him going forward.

Can't get on board with giving him a sizeable new contract. If we did, I think we'd live to regret it rather quickly.

The idea of throwing £30,000 a week his way for another 3/4 years is absolutely ludicrous to me.

Complete waste of time, he has had chance after chance. No need to go into it, in a normal job he would have been sacked years ago

Morelos was in Wunderbar last night, doesn’t exactly strike me of a guy that wants to get as fit as possible over this break period and get fighting for a place in the managers plans.

A waster at this point, needs to go. Too much wage money being wasted on him.

Think people forget Alfie was injured for a long time never got chance to be match fit was publicly ridiculed in the media for weight & fitness when the manager should have supported him in this cesspit of Scottish media especially since they hate Alfie, if he felt so strongly he should have ridiculed him behind closed doors if he honestly believed Alfie wasn’t trying, one of the huge calls he got wrong, Beale will treat him differently and we will see a different Alfie.
I doubt it.

Beale prides himself in being totally professional in his work ethic and beyond. Alfie unfortunately is at the other end of the scale in terms of his professionalism both on and off the park. It’s hard to see a happy working relationship. However, stranger things have happened and nothing would surprise me particularly with our current DOF in place.

He’ll probably get another chance but that’s down entirely to our lack of alternatives. He certainly doesn’t deserve another chance, and our plan must be to move him on soon to be rid of a big wage and allow the recruitment of someone who won’t consistently let us down when we need him most.

He will have to persist with him because there won't be sufficient funds available for a replacement. I imagine Beale's willingness to work with meagre funds and his familiarity with the current squad were major factors in his appointment.

When you see the training pics he looks Heavy again.
He is sadly

I loved him as a player and got into numerous arguments defending him in the last four years

The fact is he’s got a huge weight problem and the older he gets the harder it will be for him to lose it. I’m excellent at judging things like a persons age just from a photo or their weight and I’d be surprised if Alfie isn’t around 13.5 stone just now. He’s at least 18 pounds heavier than what he should be at.

Sadly as a Morelos fan the time has come to say goodbye. We would be insane to offer him a new deal.

Why wouldn’t he score in the biggest games?
He is a bit slow his positioning isn’t brilliant and he needs that extra touch which against better teams means the chance has gone.

He is a good finisher and we have a place for him in the squad. But not first choice striker.

I remember I made a £50 bet with a mentally challenged I know that Morelos would exceed Tierneys transfer fee. This bet was made during his purple patch in 2019/20 season

Hate myself every day for it.

Last edited:
He is a bit slow his positioning isn’t brilliant and he needs that extra touch which against better teams means the chance has gone.

He is a good finisher and we have a place for him in the squad. But not first choice striker.

Your posts on this thread like you could have an argument with yourself.

Colak has only scored 1 goal in his last 9 matches. Appalling. An alarming drop off.

But this thread is about Morelos. And for all the “ depends which Alfie turns up” chat the bottom line is if he can’t lose the weight he’s no chance of continuing as a professional footballer.

Watching a player I’ve loved and my kids have loved for five seasons shuffle and waddle around the park away in naples was a horrible experience. He could barely move and when he got near the ball he’d expended so much energy trying to move he had zero power left to hit it.

I don’t know why so many are just ignoring this massive elephant in the room with Alfie. Without the weight loss he will be lucky if any team signs him let alone us extending his deal.

Back