Will board back Pedro with funds in Jan?

blueballs

Given the mixed views (I still want to give Pedro more time, but totally get why others have ran out of patience) on the manager, and the potential cost of punting him as being some part the reason why he might be kept on......theres still clearly a need for even more new faces to be brought in all over that team

So, does he get given money (what little we may have) to spend - or is this the squad for the full season?

Given the mixed views (I still want to give Pedro more time, but totally get why others have ran out of patience) on the manager, and the potential cost of punting him as being some part the reason why he might be kept on......theres still clearly a need for even more new faces to be brought in all over that team

So, does he get given money (what little we may have) to spend - or is this the squad for the full season?

Not sure, but I do think we will sign a couple on a pre contract before the end of the season like we did with Jack.

Think it'll depend where we sit in the race for 2nd come late December. He's running out of lives unfortunately and with some tough games coming up then it's anyone's guess if he'll still be here.

Think Walker, maybe Moult (never been fan but Pedro seems to be and today will have done him no harm) may be pre contracts

But if we could get them in come Jan for reduced prices, surely that's going to see a marked improvement??

Depends if the board want instant success. That would be expensive with no guarantee that it would happen.
They may have a long term plan that will involve a mixture of buying and selling and nurturing our home grown talent.
Not sure if our fans have enough patience for a 5 year plan, but that may be the strategy.

They will back the director of football. As it should be.

Surely that’s why we have the structure. The football playing squad continues to develop regardless of who is first team manager

It's a simple choice for the board . They either back him with what funds we have or they sack him and use the money to get someone else in .

If they don't feel they can trust him with money then he has to go. You can't have a manager who you don't trust with money. I'm not sure i'd trust him after spending £4m on Pena and Herrera.

don’t think he’ll be allowed much of a budget ,maybe sign a few on loan ,honestly think Pedro is a dead man walking ,this is just not good enough from rangers ,sad .

Moult and Walker on pre contracts or signed for a small fee wouldn't be too much an expense or risk.

He won't get any money.

It's no coincidence the purse strings tightened after Progres. That was a shock to the system and made the Board go "ok, prove you're the man with what you've got already before we give you any more." And he hasn't.

They did the same with Warburton a year ago (just loans), and he was gone within 6 weeks.

IF and it's a very big IF Pedro is still here by January I fully expect the board to do what they done last January with Warbuton... Give him fùck all!

But I would be amazed if we don't get a proper Manager in by Christmas... you know somebody with a proven track record of success!

Pedro has already addressed the areas of the pitch where we are lacking. He’s just made a cünt of it!

We needed an attacking midfielder - we got Pena.

We needed a left sided player to replace McKay - we got Dalcio.

We needed a striker to replace Wagy/Garner - we got Herrera (then latterly, thanks to JJ, we got Morelos)

I think if he's still here, what happens in January will tell us a lot. If the board back him at all then they haven't given up on him, if he gets nowt then his time is almost up & he will need to turn it around massively in the last few months to earn another transfer window.

Honestly no. What for? A chance at a cup? We should be keeping every penny so we can see him (and no doubt some of his signings) off at the end of the season and have money left for the new manager.

We might be paying his final few months of severance pay in Jan but that should be all.

He needs to go now, prior to Jan window.

Times up!

Do you think he'll be given more time to put a run together in the league?

He’s had 14 competitive games to get some momentum going (only 7 of which has resulted in ‘wins’). How much longer do we give him?

It’s like watching a car crash in slow motion!

Huge games vs the bheasts and mutton mollesters coming up prior to New Year
Failure in these will see him gone by January.
Pena and Windass will also see him gone.

I sincerely hope not. He's hardly inspired with his first attempt. Most of the cash on a player more miss than hit. Another forward he doesn't even play. I'm really not sure giving him more money is a good idea.

One look at Pena today should see the answer to that question being a resounding no.

The DOF being in place should hopefully mean our targets are more carefully chosen in future however, whether Pedro is still the manager or not.

Pedro won’t be here to spend it...

Before the window opens we have Hearts (A) Aberdeen (H) Aberdeen (A) Hibs (A) Scum (A)

No chance Pedro survives that run of fixtures... absolutely no chance. I wouldn’t be shocked if we lost them all.

Pedro won’t be here to spend it...

Before the window opens we have Hearts (A) Aberdeen (H) Aberdeen (A) Hibs (A) Scum (A)

No chance Pedro survives that run of fixtures... absolutely no chance. I wouldn’t be shocked if we lost them all.

Jesus christ! On current form we'll be fortunate to even take a point from those run of games. League could be totally out of sight by the scum game. No way Pedro would survive that!

I doubt hell be here at the end of November.
Looking at the coming fixtures its embarrassingly looking that well get nothing from any of those games-
More changes ahead by the looks of it.

I would give him very little. We could have had a better squad for less than he spent in July.

We should be 3 points behind sheep/poets unless you agree Jack's red card v the wee poets was justified? with a new team and manager in place we're only 3-4 players away from a real challenge for the title.

We should be 3 points behind sheep/poets unless you agree Jack's red card v the wee poets was justified? with a new team and manager in place we're only 3-4 players away from a real challenge for the title.
How is life on Mars? MOTHERWELL just fuckin battered us fs

I don’t think they will have to………

I reckon if he is here we will sign, moult, walker and McLean on free contracts.

We will then probably be able to pay in the region of 500k for them both to add to the squad.

If Pedro goes and a new manager comes in I fear Morelos will be punted to fund the new mans targets. Let's face it he's the only real genuine sellable asset we have. Well him or wes.
For the record I want neither of those 2 sold

Back